Just imagine: a modular phone that let's you upgrade parts individually like a desktop computer

Just imagine: a modular phone that let's you upgrade parts individually like a desktop computer.
This is going to be great!

Attached: 2014-02-28 06_43_38-Project Ara_ Inside Google's Modular Smartphone _ TIME.com.jpg (743x556, 55K)

Truly epic!! Many interwebz to you, my dear fellow

This is now a J.B.Peterson meme thread

Attached: 38736410_254095032077196_3478560005202903040_n.jpg (720x720, 35K)

*drops phone*

Attached: 31C55CDF00000578-0-Lego_is_one_of_the_world_s_most_popular_tosy_but_when_spread_out-a-47_14569255823 (634x422, 84K)

>4 years later... yep. Nothing.

I remember seeing this post 5 years ago on Jow Forums, and it hasn't happened, nor will it ever happen.

google already tried the concept and cancelled it 2 times, it will never happen

It's not possible without it costing more than the fucking iphone x or being entirely chink quality.

>being entirely chink quality.
just like now?

>what is fairphone 2

Attached: yXuyUATwQcmYlqlD.large.jpg (800x600, 61K)

If you couldn't do it with a laptop then it's not happening with a phone.

based and redpilled

Sounds cool but I doubt it would work desu.

they didnt make a modular laptop and you expect a phone to be possible

crineg and blupielled

Even if it worked why would anyone go through with it? So you break your phone or simply want an upgrade. What will get more money out of you: selling you a whole new phone, or selling you just the part you need?

It might happen if battery technology miraculously undergoes a quantum leap and supplies several days of power in something the size of a postage stamp.

I'd buy a phone like that.

Doesn't offer upgradeable components.

>530 euros
>specs from five years ago
I get what they are trying to do, they're just doing it badly.

There are some 3D printable laptops that do something like this. EOMA68

>several days of power in something the size of a postage stamp.
Wa

I don't need a fully modular phone. Just give us removable batteries back.

this would be good if the individual components could be bought for any manufacturer

even a modular laptop is not that up-gradable, kind the pointless to put effort designing a phone. It's better to make phone cheaper and better. but then... those apple shit...jack up the price.

>I can't wait to add a 4k screen to go with my 2mp camera and snapdragon s1
Ahahaha. I knew this concept was worthless. By the time you're ready to upgrade one part of the system everything else is obsolete and the company making the parts is using different sizes or is out of business.

Dude this shit was cancelled

ITT retards

People only need easily replaceable batteries to keep using their fucking phones.