What web browser is the least shit?

What web browser is the least shit?

Attached: 1532921647407.jpg (350x350, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qMALm1VthGY
spyware.neocities.org/articles/firefox.html).
spyware.neocities.org/articles/icecat.html).
spyware.neocities.org/articles/vivaldi.html
spyware.neocities.org/articles/brave.html
chrome.google.com/webstore/category/extensions
ungoogled-software.github.io/ungoogled-chromium-wiki/faq#can-i-install-extensions-from-the-chrome-webstore
spyware.neocities.org/articles/iridium.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

memescape navigator

Qutebrowser

Short version: Now that Ungoogled Chromium is back, that should be the obvious choice. The only real alternatives are indie shit (for people who are willing to risk it) and GNU IceCat (for the people who don't like/trust Chrome based stuff).

Long version:
>Chrome
>Anything Apple
>Anything Microsoft
Undisputed botnets and even if you don't care about that, Chrome is the only good one out of these three and can be entirely replaced by Ungoogled Chromium.

>Firefox Quantum
Probably a botnet (see youtube.com/watch?v=qMALm1VthGY and spyware.neocities.org/articles/firefox.html). Mind, I've been told that the good addons have all been ported over now, so it could still be worth a try if you don't mind the botnet.

>Firefox ESR
Expires soon and will be moving to Quantum, which puts it in the same shitty box as the normal Firefox.

>Firefox ESR derived browsers
Often insecure, because they don't use the security updates that ESR has received after they forked from it. GNU IceCat is the only one that I know of that does follow ESR's updates and tries to protect your privacy, but even that has some (small) privacy worries (see spyware.neocities.org/articles/icecat.html).

>Chrome derived browsers
As far as I can tell Ungoogled Chromium is the clear best choice out of these. Sure, some people say that you can't prove that it's been ungoogled (even though it's open source) and therefore it's a presumed botnet. But you could make the same argument for anything derived from Firefox ESR, so what difference does it make? Furthermore, from the earlier links we already know that IceCat, the least botnet Firefox, is still slightly botnet. So why not play it safe and go with Ungoogled Chromium?

>indie shit
In terms of security they're too small to trust and they're also often too small to let you customize them to the degree that you'd like (e.g. they're lacking good addons, including anti-botnet ones). So you can safely disregard most of them.

Attached: holy shit this is low quality.png (500x504, 115K)

ive been using waterfox lately and it runs perfectly fine for me

>waterfox
Why? It's most of ESR's botnet with hardly any of its security.

ungoogled-chromium

Built in bit torrent
Built in adblocks
Built in micropayments
Built in TOR tabs
Everything else is either surveillance capitalism botnets or 2 man team doomed to fail when one of them loses interest

Attached: brave_logo_2color_512x.png (512x512, 17K)

>any Chrome fork other than ungoogled-chromium
Enjoy your botnet.

been using qutebrowser for a coupld days now and it's really growing on me. i just wish ad / element blocking would be easier

Attached: qute.png (1191x1044, 373K)

g/ recommended me waterfox couple months ago and i'm enjoying as secondary browser.

Attached: 12075.jpg (380x416, 64K)

>ungoogled-chromium
I had a website that had a bunch of chromium executables compiled by different people in one spot but I lost the tab, and the only one I can find is by some faggot on github. Or is that just the de facto version?

Pale moon

What are your thoughts on Iridium?

furfag get out

>buy our shitcoin

no thanks

What does pale moon have to do with furries? (genuine outsider question since you seem hostile)

Redpill me on safari being a botnet.

I thought apple was the one that actually cared about privacy?

Vivaldi

Remember some browsers charged a subscription fee to be able to use their browser?

Attached: dCprQ86.jpg (760x1013, 43K)

where do i get ungoogled chromium? is that different from just chromium?

github.com/brave
Show me where the botnet is.

GNU IceCat

How does that work? Is that compatible with every stereo system? How do I connect it?

Not him, but the main dev is a huge furfaggot.

I've been using it for years now and the only complain so far is that lots of webpages detect it as a mobile device.

>github.com/brave
>Show me where the botnet is.
It's right here:
github.com/brave

Well? I'm waiting.

Excellent.

>github
>owned by m$
>implying there's no botnet

Seems legit.

Literally no reason to use it over regular Firefox or GNU IceCat.

Github.

>insecure fork of ESR
Cool story bro.

No reason to use it over Ungoogled.

>Apple
>caring about privacy
Bullshit. They said no to the FBI once and that's it.

That one's a strange botnet.
spyware.neocities.org/articles/vivaldi.html

Here's a genuine answer
spyware.neocities.org/articles/brave.html

See .

i really like seamonkey.
palemoon is also good

brave shill detected

Depends on whether or not you're going to be viewing HTML5 content. If you are, Chrome is objectively better, otherwise firefox is far less taxing and has less overhead so it's better for using sites that aren't google maps and shit

Quantum runs better than chromium-based browsers on my machine, but that new tab page is completely unusable, I need manually editable sites and folders, preferably manageable from bookmarks. There's no option to change the URL for the new tab page, only for the homepage - I even checked about:config. Extension-based replacement take over a second to redirect, annoying and unusable. What could be done to solve that issue? Are there any Quantum forks with a proper new tab page?

quantum runs like ass, all my tabs are killed by the spinning wheel of death and have to be reloaded whenever i switch between them.

What part of "on my machine" did you not understand.

the one you run inside a virtual machine

Attached: wat.png (350x239, 120K)

firefox beta with some good add-ons, or waterfox

>waterfox
Why?

safari :^)

qutebrowser

this.

browser is amazing but it's really annoying that you can't block elements on the fly.

Firefox because it's the most feature-rich, and has the widest compatibility, secure it as much as possible, and then virtualize it, full-featured or simply dockerized, and never reuse the same instance twice. Use a good VPN along with it.

Give up on straight up security user, just isolate unsecure shit.

shroud uses Quantum I think I would trust him hes pro.

You can harden firefox quantum quite a bit with about:config.

eww

now do it again for the other 99,9% of people who dont give a shit about botnets.
i want proper UIs and funcionality that doesnt need too many clicks

Attached: 1534736138956.jpg (644x320, 36K)

>try vivaldi because I dont care much for the opensource meme
>stop using it after half a year because its getting slower with every update and also a resource hog
>guess the open source meme is true after all
>go back to firefox
>miss the vivaldi bookmarks sidebar and cry everytime I have to deal with FFs shitty bookmarks window
i dont wanna go back, but as someone using bookmarks quite a lot i just cant deal with this shit anymore

Attached: the ape is escaped.jpg (166x166, 10K)

Attached: 1534736218705.jpg (649x326, 43K)

You've just read it.

Tell me, user. I like ungoogled chromium, but how do i get extesions on it since webstore is blocked?

Not sure what's with the link it offers to the webstore but you can access normally:
chrome.google.com/webstore/category/extensions

But you still need to do more work:
ungoogled-software.github.io/ungoogled-chromium-wiki/faq#can-i-install-extensions-from-the-chrome-webstore

Now I have a question, should I use Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey?

This.

I fucked up that:
for

I unironically use Edge and I don't know why.

it's closed source so automatically a botnet. Doesn't straight up send data like Chrome but still worrying.

Does anyone know how i can get widevine working on ungoogled-chromium windows?

There are instructions in the wiki on linux and mac but none for windows

Is the github really the only way to go? There's way more people making their own forks and compiled binaries out there than that one faggot acting as a weak point

It's qute!

fucking lol

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-08-20 at 1.12.12 PM.png (2696x320, 95K)

>spyware.neocities.org/articles/brave.html
Less than botnet than Firefox according to your shitty website.

FF48.

So?

Insecure.

Build it yourself.

curl

So stop shilling Firefox as le epic privacy browser

Which browser was that?

>never used the cancer AOL browser

Internet Explorer 7, unironically.

Think about it.

AIDS(brave) is not as bad as cancer(Firefox)
therefore let's install AIDS

Firefox fits the AIDS comparison better

Firefox is mutating to shit and brave is a illness created by a virus infection.
pretty fitting tho

By default, Brave respects your privacy more than Firefox. You can't dispute this.

I can neither dispute nor confirm this.
But I will believe you because you are a kind user.
What's your grindr profile ? xoxo

>What's your grindr profile ? xoxo
Firefox users confirmed for AIDS.

On a scake of 1 to 10 how shit is Opera and give me some reasons why, please. I want to move away from it but i really like it.

just go back

Chinese botnet

When did I do that?

Technically the only choice is ungoogled chromium. Id like it but i have to constantly log in to every web site after i exit. Can i use chrome extensions, too? My persuit for a fully featured secure browser is fruitless.

Does it block Jow Forums's coin mining?

CHINA NUMBER 1
dont give a shit opera is pretty nifty though,

Other than iridium, yes.

Ungoogled chromium is just un-iridium'd iridium

seamonkey is more like vivaldi in that it bundles a ton of crap (an "application suite") together on top of the browser, you might like it.

Oof ,that's a pretty good thesis,thank you user.

shove it up ur ass

What's the best browser for someone who regularly leaves 300+ tabs open?

Attached: 1532395156462.jpg (1600x1066, 316K)

Waterfox is the only way to go.

Is there any way to allow Ungoogled Chromium to not log out of websites when I close the browswer? I have it saving passwords but have to go through 2 step verification on every site I use everytime I visit them.

Why? That's the third time that I've seem it mentioned this thread and I've yet to see a single defence of it.

Read the readme.

>Can i use chrome extensions, too?
Read the FAQ.

>iridium
They're lying to you.
spyware.neocities.org/articles/iridium.html

That's a good pic

Attached: screenshot56.png (1280x1024, 482K)

I use it myself and I think its good but I've heard it's memory management is shite.
Even worse than Firefox (I haven't rested that).

Read it again, nope, just that one guy's binaries. Not that his are bad, just that there's choices and I'd rather be able to pick one with the specific features I want

This unironically