Why isn't there any decent alternative to android?

why havent anyone written phone os that just runs smoothly and doesnt stick goygle telemetry up your ass? android right now is the windows of the phones, ios is osx, windows phone is shit and i need gentoo

Attached: terry.jpg (480x360, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

replicant.us/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>and i need gentoo
here you go

Attached: GentooPenguins.jpg (685x1024, 113K)

Just use one of the many de-googled Android options on an older phone

>why havent anyone written phone os that just runs smoothly and doesnt stick goygle telemetry up your ass?
That's exactly what iOS is, but your autism-laden mind won't let you see it

replicant.us/
You mean this

Minus the fact that you must sell your life to the apple ectosystem if you are to ever use your phone like you actually own it.

>lagOS
>run smoothly

Attached: 1512121432586.webm (640x290, 2.43M)

>an older phone
ridden with bugs and security exploits

No thanks CIA nigger.

Because it's engineered so no real alternatives can be made.

Use KaiOS

>In June 2018, Google invested US$22 million in the operating system

What are you talking about? All I used is an iphone 7 Plus, everything else is outside the apple ecosystem like gmail, google drive, plex, etc.

No apps. The apps in Android are so tightly integrated into the Android system it would take a lot of work to make them work on another OS. If you don't care about apps then Librem 5 is coming next year.

BB OS10 was perfect but killed off because lack of social media supports.

I'm not one of these "muh walled garden" people, but you have to admit yourself that being unable to side load apps is a huge limitation for people used to it.

That was the smoothest phone OS ever

This.

>BB OS10
They should open source it or something. Most Android and iFags never used BB OS 10 so they don't even know the kind of shit they're dealing with today. I feel like a leg has been taken away from me.

TempleOS phone?

Librem 5

What's the last phone to have it? I need a new phone

i second that

Attached: Capture2.png (578x124, 35K)

Are there any x86 phones that can run a desktop OS? It'd be neat to have a full PC in my pocket, but I don't think this has been explored outside of UMPCs.

Does LineageOS have any known signs of telemetry? Is ot the true free Android?

Look at this neck beard.

Zenfone 2 can run windows 7.

It's a useless ability regardless.

Ill take AOSP for 200 trebek

>ios is osx
Incorrect.
Also, are you implying macOS doesn't run smoothly and has google telemetry?

I see no lag on the iPhone. The Twitter app has a smooth animation when opening. The Android phones flash white every couple of seconds which is annoying, the iPhone doesn't do that.

You can side load apps through certificates, being a developer yourself ($99/year though, easily recoverable by having an app on the store), using testflight, or jailbreaking.

It has apple telemetry which you can't disable. At least it's possible to do on Android because Android is open-source.

Sailfish

Install Sailfish

Temple-P OS
Terry please make it, they posion you with the meds, don't take them.

Any proof of that Apple Telemetry once you disable it?

Attached: image.jpg (750x1299, 235K)

Buy Librem 5

IIRC you can do it with a free dev license via Cydia Impactur but you have to reactivate it every week

Attached: Screenshot_20180820-104023__01.jpg (1080x2534, 483K)

You can use a free dev certificate you have to renew every week through Xcode, yes. Not Cydia, Cydia is the package manager app of a jailbroken iOS installation.

Android is open source
Just use custom ROM by some Indian guy from XDA

>why havent anyone written phone os that just runs smoothly
because in order to write a mobile OS that can compete with android, you need time, developers, and money.
Perhaps 10 years ago this wouldn't be the case, but today it's pretty much impossible for a third party to make even a small dent in the market shares of iOS and android.
There are multiple reasons for this...google and apple have much more influence than any smaller organizations, a privacy oriented OS would only appeal to a niche group of people, android and iOS already support all the apps normalfags use, etc.
your best bet is to just use a custom ROM without any play services.

Peep the BlackBerry passport, im currently using it. I got it on amazon for 300.

That parent must be in some real fucking pain

hes talking about cydia impactor, which is completely different to cydia

Yes, go buy them instead of crying.

Just get a phone with official LO support and just use
Of course it will make all the goodies that make Android worth using useless.
For that do the following
-Copy the swipe library to system
-Enable MicroG in it
-Install Yalp Store
Someday I might learn to create flash zips to do them all in one step.
Maybe also get a throwaway google account for that too.

Attached: ef2henv5nyu01.jpg (1024x576, 102K)

Also you don't need to give any personal info if set your gender as 'other' when making a google account in case you are worried about that.

wow im amazed nobody mentioned Google's Fuschia project that they've had open source for years

Because it's barely functional as an operating system currently

> and i need gentoo
Ubuntu phone is a choice, but you'll need to write your own drivers.

NEVER
EVER
AGAIN

Attached: Nokia_N9.jpg (961x1642, 367K)

>phone os that just runs smoothly and doesnt stick goygle telemetry up your ass
Yes, it's called iOS.

jolla.com

every phone ever has telemetry at the kernel level, it is unavoidable
OP5t is based though

>open source it
It will never happen as they are still using it for QNX