/cyb/erpunk:
The Cypherpunk Manifesto activism.net/cypherpunk/manifesto.html
The Cyberpunk Manifesto project.cyberpunk.ru/idb/cyberpunk_manifesto.html

"What is cyberpunk?" pastebin.com/hHN5cBXB

Cyberpunk directory (Communities, Media, Readings) pastebin.com/VAWNxkxH
Cyberpunk resources (Miscellaneous) pastebin.com/Dqfa6uXx

/sec/urity:
The Hacker Manifesto: phrack.org/issues/7/3.html
The Guerilla Open Access Manifesto: archive.org/stream/GuerillaOpenAccessManifesto/Goamjuly2008_djvu.txt

"Why privacy matters" youtube.com/watch?v=pcSlowAhvUk
"Shit just got real" pastebin.com/rqrLK6X0

Cybersecurity basics and armory pastebin.com/rMw4WbhX
Endware endchan.xyz/os/res/32.html
BBS archives textfiles.com/index.html

Reference books (PW: ABD52oM8T1fghmY0) mega.nz/#F!YigVhZCZ!RznVxTiA0iN-N6Ps01pEJw
Additional reading ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/

IRC:
Guide github.com/mayfrost/guides/blob/master/IRC.md
Join irc://irc.rizon.net:6697
SSL Required:
#Jow Forumspunk
#Jow Forumssec
#nfo

Attached: 6e227456375251.59bd4e53bb7a3.jpg (1400x694, 797K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/AArFsSfD
github.com/warner/magic-wormhole/
school-of-privacy.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

OP Post on Pastebin for bookmarking pastebin.com/AArFsSfD

This plus don't forget that all of this info is available on the ftp

Why the fuck nobody used pic related in the OP ?

Attached: 79724368-57E7-4D9B-A850-DED5E100260A.png (1000x667, 1.02M)

OP here; I was actually thinking of going through all the FAQs and stuff to try and make an entirely new OP post. The one I made is just a reformatting of the OP post in the last thread.

There's a lot of stuff in the linked Pastebins that is outdated or redundant.

Because it looks like shit.

cyberpunk has nothing to do with cybersecurity

is there some kind of a how to get into cybersecurity for complete beginner retards pasta?

No, because it's a pretty broad field.
You need to know where your interests lie and what you actually want to focus on.

Who playing hackthebox here?

I’m on active atm; got the user flag, but unsure if I need to keep trying to pop a shell in order to get root? Can you use kerberoasting without a foothold?

Attached: MIT Wearable Computing Project members in the 1990s.jpg (1217x958, 473K)

Dead chatroom

Someone give me a good alert management tool to forward my ELK alerts to. Cant find SHIT.

no u really need local admin to grab creds but there are lots of options otherwise

email

>There's a lot of stuff in the linked Pastebins that is outdated or redundant.
sadly yes. if the pastes aren't interlinked, it'd be a lot easier keeping them up to date.
any idea on how to make the updating part more feasible than everyone of us 3+ OP's keeping their own copy of the op up to date ?

I need something more trackable n shiet. Big GUI for admins in which they can track and acknowledge events bring processed. I used to use a tool called CA Spectrum that did this but looking for something that can take independent alerts.

any one here working in malware analysis field?
i've been working myself through some reversing tutorials (lena151, TiGa and few youtube vids), almost done with Practical malware analysis book and thought i could take a look into some ransomware like locky. Turned out to be a huge overkill, i didnt understand anything.

Is Malware like Locky the daily level you guys encounter or is it the exception? Also any hint on easier samples?

What do you do to not get hacked? You need AV and firewall, right? Are free onesbany good, and if so which are best?

Guys i keep trying to make new accounts to use on twitter and even with tor that shit always asks me for phone number after the captchas. Whats up with that?! Did i got blacklited or what?

It's a security measure to prevent botting.

>even with tor
>even
Tor users have to deal with all kinds of shit from privacy-hating megacorps.

Is shellcoders handbook any good?

download it and see

Fuck those shitter mane im gonna go to someone else home and make a bunch of accounts to use when they try this shit on me again.
If i do so will i be able to use twitter with tor without having toput up with phone nunbers? Or am i still.fucked?

it's probably mandatory by now.
They tried it, it didn't create a huge shitstorm when they did, so everyone get's forced now.
From a corporate viewpoint it's the best thing to do - data you can attribute to a "real" person is worth a lot more

At this point you might as well just use a burner phone. Look up Orbot for Android.

Any good resources for learning to write emulators?

just do it
basically you just need to be able to implement all the opcodes u need
and the graphics routines and all the other shit
the work involved depends on the platform you're trying to emulate

Is there anything in the pastes that are not in the FAQ?

Yes and no; it's more that there is a lot of useful information that's scattered around among the pastes and FAQs that isn't easily accessible from the OP posts.

I've removed adware which opened new tabs with ads in the browser from my friend's computer recently.
I wonder, how does this kind of malware work? The system files were intact, and some of the malware modified registry keys and added files to the appdata folder.
What's the mechanism of this sort of benign malware which doesn't do any privelege escalation? That is, how does it work?

Attached: Feynman_hand-next-nature.jpg (530x599, 105K)

Too often it gets in because the user clicked OK.

What do you guys think about magic wormhole?

github.com/warner/magic-wormhole/

I think it's a decent and secure substitute for dropbox, other file hosting, email, or plain USB sharing, though by default you have to trust the a server not under your control as a relay (relay.magic-wormhole.io:4000 and transit.magic-wormhole.io:4001 from the source code). You can choose to run relays on servers you do control however.

Attached: wormhole.png (730x497, 203K)

But how does it work? How do the tabs get opened? Does the malware hook the browser functions? And how does it manage to stay persistent, despite not being present in the registry entries associated with startup program execution?

Certain registry keys (HKCU) and location (appdata, temp) don't require privilege escalation to run.

I don't know if it's changed since the 2010 time period when I was trying to be a h4x0r but I doubt it because lol microshit.

There's a key in HKCU that can be used for adding to startup. As for opening tabs, all they had to do was send a command to the OS that mimicked a user opening a URL (not sure what that would be because I have not messed with windows programming in a long time). It's probably the same way installers take you to the company site after they finish installing.

Why not give this a shot? They explain things easily enough. You have to start somewhere in security, it may as well be yourself.

school-of-privacy.com/

Attached: 1458250549_image.jpg (1280x720, 53K)

>us h4ck3rs rite?

is this the cringe general?

What are some /cyb/ things I can do with a used server?

host a server for wargames

Air filtration masks to fight off pollution and wildfire smoke are most assuredly cyberpunk. They're necessary as well as aesthetic when the air looks like this. What's your favorite, /cyb/?

Attached: IMG_20180815_064750.jpg (1920x2560, 422K)

IPFS, torrents, Tor bridge nodes, and other p2p stuff.
Use it to self host network services.
Install Gentoo and meme on everyone.