What is it with the EU and unnecessary regulations...

What is it with the EU and unnecessary regulations? If consumers want a standard USB connection they can easily buy an android phone.

Attached: EU regulations.png (844x758, 624K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_external_power_supply
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>getting rid of Apple's stupid proprietary cable and connector to a standard usb
>not a good thing

I kind of like not having to use the same standards as plebian android users.

I remembering reading something like thousands of tons of wastes end up in landfills every year in the form of cell phone chargers and cords due to incompatibility. The EU wants to reduce this waste by forcing device manufacturers to all share one common charger/cord.

BASED EU

As shit as Apple is I'm sick of the EU sticking their nose into every fucking thing to bureacratize it.

Just buy an android if you don't want apple's horseshit

Why would anyone care what Apple wants? It's easier and more practical for people, therefore it should be done. No one wants incompatible charger cables. Probably like 0.0001% of people use them for anything else. Phones need charging daily and you might forget your snowflake cable at home.

>government standards
>good
Soon everyone (Apple included) will switch to USB-C. The EUSSR will still use micro USB because muh standards. How is this good?
They already supply Lightning to micro USB adapters

As much as I hate lightning (for obvious reasons) and Apple, the EU shouldn't be allowed to interfere in this matter.

>i need big brother to make these businesses alter their products for muh convenience
Please self-immolate.

Lightning won't replace all other connections applefag. You can calm down your tiny erection already. That being said, the EU has no right to do this. Companies should be able to use their own standards.

>What is it with the EU and unnecessary regulations?

This is a good regulation from the people's perspective. Literally the only people getting fucked are Apple investors and executives.

How about your stop licking their boots?

Attached: 1527802208041.gif (330x166, 2.11M)

Phones in EU have USB-C already. I'm posting from one.
>I'm naive enough to think it would ever happen without laws like this
Please bend over to your Apple overlords more. They'll tell you what you're allowed to think.

It's actually BECAUSE EU regulations that the micro usb port became standard on Android phones and companies are not cucking us with a billion charging ports anymore:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_external_power_supply

Apple has been fighting to keep their snowflake charging ports for a long time, so they can keep cucking their costumers.

Attached: feature-speed.png (750x600, 57K)

At most what would happen is iphones sold in the EU will just come with a lighting to USB adapter dongle. EU isn't going to affect apple's design.

stupid apple faggot kys

EUOPE FUCKING BASED AND REDPILLED
like if you agree!

>reading
>Phones in EU have USB-C already. I'm posting from one.
Doesn't change the fact that you literally can't innovate if you're beholden to a bureaucrat's standard.
>I'm naive enough to think it would ever happen without laws like this
You miss the point.

>falling for bait
Fucking idiot

Tbh I'd prefer lightning be the standard

>Doesn't change the fact that you literally can't innovate if you're beholden to a bureaucrat's standard.
Is this some "gateway drug" kind of FUD or are you actually saying there's going to be a lot of interesting innovations in phone charger cables that we might be missing if laws force them all to be compatible? Nothing so far indicates this, the benefits will steamroll over the negatives with that law. The only one not benefiting from this is Apple and they brought this on themselves. Apple only wants compatibility between their own products so that people would be forced to buy the whole product line. EU likes standards that support fair competition.

If Apple decides they want to use their own connector on a device they design and sell then they should be able to do so.

Eh also ruined automobile industry with shit regulations

What is it with iToddlers and taking it up the ass?
>OMG STANDARDS SUCK I >WANT< TO TAKE IT UP THE ASS AND BE NICKEL AND DIMED WITH PROPRIETARY DONGLES

Attached: 1532634672600.jpg (1280x720, 208K)

Why does Android use all MicroUSB or USB C? I'll give you a hint: it isn't because Google mandated it or because manufacturers all decided on a standard.

Phones all used to use different proprietary connectors for charging. The EU mandated USB standard connectors. Apple escaped this requirement by including adapters to turn their old dock connectors into USB.

Because that's what Europeans do OP. What you have to understand is that Europe has ALWAYS been an oppressive place to live, and likely always will be. Why do you think the US was founded in the first place? European governments are obsessed with power and thrive on controlling their citizens as much as humanly possible. Hence why they love throwing up their noses at the US, they hate that there is more wealth and freedom here than there ever will be in all of Europe

That's a lot of FUD

>"My phone's about to die. Do any of you guys have a phone charger?"
>"Yeah I think I have a few USB cables in the cabinet at my desk"
>"Do you have an iPhone 7 cable"
>"Oh no I don't"
I have this conversation at least once a week and applefags actually delude themselves into thinking it's a good thing.

Attached: _0.jpg (635x971, 334K)

No, YOU delude yourself into thinking it's a bad thing. The point was the build an eco-system, which works best for them, not for NEETS larping on Jow Forums.

Think about it this way iPoojeet, this way you'll get to rebuy all your dongles to use standard ports AGAIN. You love taking it up the ass don't you?

Because it's all about having one consistent connection regardless of who made your phone so you're not stuck spending money for all new charging accessories every single time you get a new phone. I bet had Apple pulled a Samsung and included a USB to lightning adapter in with their phones like Samsung did during their move to type C, no one would give two shits.

EU.
>When the US is ruled by lobbyist and a poorly functioning collection of states has to step in to keep the world from falling apart.

Why is it a good thing that I'll have a harder time finding someone who has the correct cable for my phone?

>having the wrong kind of phone charger is the world falling apart
I think Europe has more important things to worry about.

Yes, dictating what phone chargers people can use is preventing the world from falling apart.

Attached: 1516366801834.jpg (2062x2999, 938K)

>underage detected

There was a time when a single model of a phone had it's own connector.

You'll have an easier time, because all you'll need to do is go to an Apple store and buy a new one :)

>Keeping Google in check
>Reminding the world's wealthiest corporation that they can't do whatever they want.

>Letting the EU decide what technology should be legal
>a good thing

The scenario was that I was at a work in an office. Now tell me why it's better that I have to waste my lunch break and the money I would have bought lunch with, running to an Apple store and buying a charging cable, instead of being able to borrow one from my coworker for free.

What if I just want an iPhone, but without that shit? I can vote for mommy merkel and get that without having to resort to android.

Nah, I lived in that time too. I can remember showing my girlfriend how to wire a stripped USB cable to her phone battery when the proprietary cable broke

>It's Apple's fault you lost a charging cable
>It's Apple's fault you bought something with a proprietary cable, and didn't think of buying a spare
Why doesn't the EU just make being retarded illegal so this situation never happens?

Isn't USB-C too thick for the iPhone?

>people defending a usb 2.0 speed interface in the year of our lord 200+10+6+2

The EU is applying the regulation that already applies to everyone else, to Apple too. They are the reason Android phones all use USB. Before the EU mandated USB charging, every fucking phone, different goddamn charger.

>people thinking that USB C goes at 2.0 speeds

It can though at the very least. Lightning doesn't have anywhere to go without fucking up backwards compatibility. Even though I doubt apple gives a fuck.

Oh shit, I just realized that was a misunderstanding friendo.

I'm saying people are defending the fucking apple proprietary shit because reasons. USB-C is the future.

Dude, you're not supposed to question anything he says. Thanks to you that iPajeet probably got fired now. He was just following a script. Just do the needful and keep buying cables and dongles.

I'm aware, the solution is to not buy shitty products instead of trying to legislate away stupidity.

Before EU legislation: Every phone, different charger. No choice to simply not buy a shitty one. There was no standard charging connector to choose.

After EU legislation (current situation): Every manufacturer except one uses a standard connector.

With proposed legislation: That one last manufacturer is required to follow the same rules as everyone else if they want to sell in Europe.

Why do so many Americucks prefer corporations over government? There's so many retards in this thread complaining about bureaucracy while taking Apple's big throbbing cock in their ass. Letting a corporation dictate your life isn't freedom either, retard. At least you get to elect your government, meaning you have SOME say in how the operate. Maybe if you sorted out your fucked up political system you wouldn't hate your representatives so much.

>The EUSSR will still use micro USB because muh standards
EU never said they had to use any specific USB standard you fucking amerilard

>regulations
>good from the people's perspective

get out

>corporations doing whatever they want
>good from the people's perspective

good meme

>apple is free to use what ever ports they like, if you don't like it just buy a different phone

>the EU is free to make whatever laws it likes, if you don't like it just sell your phone somewhere else

And then they kissed

>At least you get to elect your government, meaning you have SOME say in how the operate
Yes I'm sure people in North Korea and China have very much say in how their government operates and they also have the freedom to complain about it without being lined up against a wall and shot.

>apple is free to fuck me in the ass
>I LIKE GETTING FUCKED IN THE ASS STOP TELLING THEM TO STOP FUCKING ME IN THE ASS
Is cuckolding really that popular a fetish in Ameristan?

Attached: 1505273539507.jpg (768x768, 151K)

What's your point? The EU is a democracy. I get to vote. What do China or North Korea have to do with the discussion at hand?

We're talking about functioning democracies here.
Although at this point, it's not a surprise that you compare your own government to NK and China.

Typical Appletoddler subhuman response.

>lol macs are trash look at these facts
>b-b-b-but if you compare it to $300 walmart laptops macs r gud!!1111

>lol america is cucked by corporations
>b-b-b-but if you compare us to NK or China 'murrica is gud111!!!!!

Attached: 1505203489720.jpg (813x1402, 176K)

go gulp down some more jewish cum

>unnecessary
I'm clapistani and you would have to be retarded to honestly believe that USB charging for phones isn't one of the best things to happen. Nobody misses the days of proprietary chargers or having to deal with the wonky adapters for "universal" chargers. Apple has had plenty of time to bring themselves into line with modern standards.

Attached: 1429659981116.jpg (575x591, 85K)

>Why do they force people to use PCIe? I want to use my AGP graphics cards for 20 more years!

You all don't understand at all.

Apple is the only company *courageous* enough to still have a proprietary charger in 2018.

>They should be able to
The reason why they shouldn't be able to is because this is a way a company can easily fuck over their consumers while creating massive profits for themselves. It's the definition of anti-consumer.

It doesn't matter what anyone else says, unless Apple does it themselves, Appletards will go against it. Guarantee you if Apple adopted USB C on their own, iToddler brainlets would be spamming Jow Forums about how Apple "invented" it.

Attached: 1528219293958.jpg (453x604, 55K)

>Why do so many Americucks prefer corporations over government?
Long standing conditioning by class and corporate looters operating high profile positions.

Attached: 1443409350862.png (500x358, 179K)

>I was merely pretending

Idea: to get around this, the next iPhone has no plug at all, and only charges using one of those wireless charging pads.

The pad uses lightning for power.

>Although at this point, it's not a surprise that you compare your own government to NK and China.

Since Jow Forums doesn't have flags, it's difficult to compare user's government since we lack knowledge of where he is from.

You can tell he's from america because of the way he is

>Why do they force people to use PCIe? I want to use my AGP graphics cards for 20 more years!

Attached: 70.jpg (480x359, 13K)

America

Or maybe it's because it's the government that has always wound up being most people's biggest threat in life, which is why west broke away from overly controlling governments and became the all around best societies on earth.
Corporations rise and fall and are much easier to get rid of than problem governments without millions dying in the process.

ITT: A whole lot of strawmanning. You will not find anyone more anti-monopoly than me. I've always been against the attempts by Disney et al to manipulate IP laws for their advantage. This is completely unacceptable in a free society.

Corporations cannot pass anti-competitive measures without a willing and compliant government. Do you not see that? Disney could not by themselves try to extend copyright terms to infinity, it required the help of a complicit Congress.

>Before EU legislation: Every phone, different charger. No choice to simply not buy a shitty one. There was no standard charging connector to choose.
>After EU legislation (current situation): Every manufacturer except one uses a standard connector.
>EUtards continue to buy the one with the proprietary connector, then complain about it.
Again, this is just your government trying to legislate away retardation. Meanwhile no ridiculous laws are needed in the US for Samsung to have more market share than Apple.

Haven't you heard? It's illegal to sell AGP cards now. Say goodbye to your RADEON 9800 Pro.

>Haven't you heard? It's illegal to sell AGP cards now
If the customer wants AGP cards and is willing to pay money for them, he should be able to.

Do you also bitch that they use a specific wall outlet too?

I don't agree with banning incandescent light bulbs. I also did not agree with how the digital TV switch was handled--the government literally forced stations to use digital broadcasting and analog transmission was not allowed.

I agree. If a customer wants to make a stupid, and in the case of Apple, a more expensive decision, it's their choice to be fucking retarded.

Fucking this.

>If a company decides they want to fill landfills with proprietary chargers and dongles instead of following a reusable standard they should be able to do so

At least apple uses Lighting for basically all of their mobile products.

I’m much more annoyed at SONY having a different charger for every single device they’ve ever made.

Libertarians are retarded. They’d rather take it up the ass from a corporation to spite government. The magical free market that they always refer to is just as much of a pipe dream as communism. Businesses will drive things down the the lowest common denominator and when they get as big as Apple, they can do whatever they want and ignore what’s best for the consumer. Because what are you gonna do, bitch? Your entire life is on Apples platform, you aren’t going to walk away from the ecosystem.

Standards aren’t a bad thing, I like that the AC power in every outlet (that is the same kind of plug) is the same frequency in my country and I’d like the phone connectors to be the same.

In 5 seconds, this thread will no longer be about chargers

Now watch as usb d or some shit comes out and it takes 10 years for it to be allowed in the EU, meanwhile everyone else has it asap.
Fucking statist. Unnecessary regulation is unnecessary.

Attached: 1519777286035.jpg (500x623, 51K)

Yeah, the governments importing a gazillion "refugees" from Africa and the near east really care about reducing trash production.

#FEEL THE BERN

The post is 100% in line with the current discussion.

based and redpilled

Did anyone say anything about they kind of USB it has to be?

Pretty sure OP just said it has to be USB.

Most standards were achieved without government regulation, for example the computer world in the 80s gradually settled on the PC compatible standard because customers decided it worked the best for them.

>bridges should be able to be built to whatever safety factor that the company feels like. You have the freedom to not drive over that 0.8 safety factor bridge since you’re a statist 1.2 safety factor faggot.

Apple will do this

>Again, this is just your government trying to legislate away retardation. Meanwhile no ridiculous laws are needed in the US for Samsung to have more market share than Apple.
Did you even read what I wrote? The free market utterly failed at making an option to buy a standardized charging connector. It wasn't until the EU demanded it that we settled on USB, and the US only got it because it was cheaper to make one design to sell everywhere than to make USB ones for Europe and crappy proprietary plug ones for everywhere else.

We already have EU-mandated USB plugs on every non Apple phone. Why is it not fair to hold Apple to the same standard as everyone else?

Yes because deliberately building unsafe bridges and killing off potential customers who could give you money is a very sound business strategy.

Attached: 96353ab74728debcc56dc9362805d405.jpg (236x182, 10K)