Is it better than mpv?

Is it better than mpv?

Attached: image.png (245x183, 16K)

No, with madvr its about equal. But mpv has more options.

mpv+gpu-hq+ravu-r4 blows everything else out of the water, minus mpv configs made for specific sources. MADVR only wins if it's winter time and you want your PC to double as a space heater, in which case you whack it into placebo-mode and listen to your GPU scream.

yes mpc-be is worthy successor to mpc-hc
MPV is an actual joke OP. A bunch of people made up the project to laugh at gullible idiots who think a media player is better if it has no GUI

>literally BLACK edition
can't make this up

NGU is miles better than ravu meme, retard.

>clicking through dozens of tabs in a GUI is more efficient than editing a single config file

Attached: 1532157787155.jpg (645x729, 49K)

I don't give a shit if theres a GUI or not, the image quality is gonna be better, yes?

>have to download some zipped file from a bunch of russians on SourceForge

I have nothing against Russia or SourceForge (based country and the website was acquired by good people), but still... Why don't they have their own website for this program?

>one platform
>which is windows
that automatically makes it trash not even worthy of discussion

Does it support mkv linking yet?

I haven't tried it but I've been happy with MPC-HC and this is supposed to be a successor to it so I'll probably like it too.

Just one question:
What does "BE" stand for?

I'm trying to watch a video file not pilot a space craft I dont know what the fuck you're doing

BLACKED Edition

"black edition"
it comes with a default dark skin theme

Is there some player like this for Linux? I'd rather not mess with config files for mpv; VLC can't figure out vsync on my Nvidia card and pukes rainbows until the next keyframe if my network hiccups; and then there's retardation like Totem.

You don't really have to configure anything in mpv, you know?
Or you may use smplayer.

what the fuck do you guys even do with those media players that you keep arguing every day about which one is better. I just double click movie I wanna watch and everything works perfectly.

>mpv+gpu-hq+ravu-r4
How do I set this? Is it in the config?

It's a meme.

Thanks! I'll definitely be trying out smplayer. I recall a different skinned-mplayer implementation working really well back when I was on OSX.

Same. But I like if it detects that the video I've opened is interlaced, and deinterlaces it automatically with a reasonable algorithm. I also like to have override options available if an idiot has encoded the video with the wrong aspect ratio, or put a 16:9 movie into a 4:3 file with black bars.

Nope. NGU sucks with anime and uses much more resources at high+ setting. Also mpv has superior interpolation scalers.

NGU Sharp and FSRCNN(-X) both suck to a similar extent for low quality Anime. Although NGU Sharp with a high "remove compression artifacts" level often works decent enough.

RAVU and NGU Anti-Alias both work great for low quality Anime. RAVU is faster than NGU AA, but NGU AA looks better. So they're not direct competitors, so to say...