USB Type-C is a mess

Who would have thought?
androidauthority.com/state-of-usb-type-c-870996/

Attached: USB-Type-C-Power-Cable.jpg (840x500, 78K)

>samsung is the best and updates aren't needed t. androidauthority
hot opinions you have right there

Why are you butthurt about USB-C? I've been using it since 2014 and it's great.
t. Non-Apple user.

Actually, the article says the phone with the best support for fast charging with any random type-c cables (between some unnamed samsung phone, a Huawei P20 and an LG V30 phones) is the Huawei P20.

I myself am not a fan of overpriced Samsung shit.

You could try reading the article...

Yeah, because huawei is doing a giveaway on every major android website, so they have to creep up their asses.

Is that wrong? The so called "updates" stock get are just features touchjizz had years ago.

Use it on my Dell XPS-13 running CentOS. Drives an adapter that gives me 4K video and audio, Gigabit ethernet, and USB-3 connections. Just Werks.

the only messy thing is the retarded thunderbolt "extension" that only works on some "certified ports", the rest is completely standard and fully functional

USB type C solved the eternal problem of all previous USB standards - the USB superposition - and it's more durable than all compact USB variants. I don't give a shit whether it's USB 2.0 or 3.0 - micro USB was limited to 2.0 anyway, proprietary charging schemes are not exclusive to type C either. For desktops that's another story, type C is not necessary there.

>oems not following standard
>its usb c's fault!

>micro usb only rated to 2amps
>let's up the voltage to 9v then!

if everyone just moved to C already all you would need is C to C for everything. Part of the reason i'm leaning towards a mbp is they're the only ones doing C right and their 15" charges on C too which is nice

>their 15" charges on C too which is nice
New Lenovo laptop charge on C now and mostly have only one non-C port for backwards compatibility.

yeah but for 15" notebooks it's kinda rare, don't know why besides gaming laptops

We went this whole time with 65/90W chargers but suddenly 100W isn't enough

Dell XPS-13 also has two USB-3 ports along with the USB-C

the post was about 15" laptops, if a 13" doesn't charge on c in 2018 that's a fucking joke

>We went this whole time with 65/90W chargers but suddenly 100W isn't enough
My friend's Yoga 920 still has 65w charger with USB-C and some king of quick charge.

My mi5 charges in like 30m with a generic overpriced cable. Very convenient!!

The comment was about the non-C ports, not charging ability

no one was complaining or mentioning few usb c ports....

Glad I stick to micro usb
Based oppo

>
Gee, guess >67224612 shouldn't have mentioned it then.

>my phone battery doesn't hold it's charge after 8 months!
>omg wow charges so fast with 4amps going into it!

I had to go back to MicroUSB when My Nexus 5X died. It was horrible.
Now I have an XZ2 Compact with USB3.1 Type-C and quickcharging. It's great! Transferring 4K HDR video is super fast.

>shouldn't we just put a bigger battery then people wont have to charge as often
>na 9v and high amperage is the only way

>my phone battery doesn't hold it's charge after 8 months!
2 years since I've bought my Pixel phone. Still get the same 8 hours SOT on average.

Or, you could do what Sony does:
Allow quickcharge for occasional boosting during the day, where it doesn't hurt too much at medium charge level.
Provide the phone with a slow charger, and battery saver feature that cuts charging at 90% over night, and fills to 100% in the morning.

yeah but googles quick charging is just PD 2.0

it's not really fast as it's just 3A max which is only 600mA more than non fast charger shit

Ewwe 4k on phones sucks ass tiny screen for viewing and recording quality is universally shit as well as no real hardware stabilisation or zoom

But I can watch it back on my LG 4K OLED Wallpaper TV

Oh I forgot to mention I can watch it in HDR

Huawei has an army of shills. I remember them attacking a tech youtuber because he had the nerve to point out that the P20 Pro does a piss poor job of taking pictures of people because you can't turn off its beautify feature.

how about just stop buying shit cables?

It's chinese nationalism

What a stupid design..

Attached: GIF.gif (1000x500, 1.66M)

This is bullshit.

I use my HTC U11 with its own charger and usbc cable, with a usb extension cable that I've had for ten years and quick charge still works

Android OS seriously needs to let us stop charging at 80% automatically.

Are you trying to deny that Samsung has the biggest marketing budget of all the android manufacturers? Did you never find it fishy that their phones have always been praised into heaven for the past few gens? Even their cons have always been worded in positive ways or ommited altogether in reviews.
I'm always kinda suprised that all these educated people on here take every review for the absolute truth and never second-guess anything and can barely form their own opinions which are not swayed by outer influences. I don't know what they teach you in universities in the US and other countries but the first thing I was taught in a private uni in Germany was to not take everything for granted, second-guess things and try to form your own, unbiased opinion instead of adapting other opinions dictated by your peers, media and the press. Sorry for the rant, but I'm always amazed how most of the people on here, a board which supposedely has a high percentage of uni graduates and students, still show the sheep-like, mindless consumer behaviour. I am deeply sorry if I offened anyone on here and I'm prepared for the obvious replies that will surely come.

not at all.
The only thing I would change is keeping a really small bar even when you're scrolling down, then show the full thing when scrolling up (just as they do now)

None of those are a real issue if you know your shit. If something is not advertised supporting X or Z, you shouldn't get pissed at USB-C for that.

Yes, Aero really was stupid.

t. sour grape lincuck

No, I think it should be placed at the very top of the page, not floating around like shit whenever I scroll.

KDE actually allows you to have transparent borders. That guy who hates Aero must be a Windows 10 cuck.

Or possibly one of those pretentious Gnome faggots.

USB-C is the Jeb Bush of USB.

I never got the hate for USB-C. It's great.

I feel like this is more of an issue with retards who buy cables that aren't rated for thunderbolt when they think it is because they immediately associate USB-C with "the best of the best".

I do wish more laptops included more USB-C ports. Usually you get one for a dock.