Is it still relevant?

Is it still relevant?

Attached: numpad.jpg (530x530, 138K)

Yes, you fucking unproductive pimpled teenager with zero prospects in life except sucking as much dick as possible

fpbp

Yes, I use the 5 for an alternative mouse button, helps with my neuropathy.

I don't have one

>zero prospects in life except sucking as much dick as possible
it's actually good prospects in life if you know how to do it well.

/thread
put me in the cap

gay

I still use it every day.

it's the best way to the top baby

I use it when I need to input a bunch of numbers, which is often. Using the top numbers just isn't as intuitive.

why is it on the right hand side. worst design decision ever made.

absolutely you manchild

Are you left-handed?

no—thats why i use my right hand to operate the pointing device. having the number pad between the right hand side of the keyboard and the mouse forces the keyboard to be pushed over to the left instead of centered on the user. in-stead, that space should contain a trackball and the number pad should be on the left hand side of the keyboard

>he uses a mouse

Attached: 8d7eebfc81220873abd02ab899b33719e6be9e0f4788def23eec1370228132df.jpg (422x509, 68K)

Because you need the left hand for function keys.

Im not that user, but i have to ask: what in the fuck do you use?

I use it at work for entering numbers into a computer with one hand, because I need to use the other hand while I'm entering numbers.

of course i use a mouse. a mouse is a necessary human interface device. please do not troll

Attached: logitech-usb-racing-steering-wheel-controller-g27-chocobozz-1104-03-chocoboz@11.jpg (500x424, 45K)

You have to remember, when the keyboard was designed it was the primary input method. Even when the mouse was introduced the mouse was a secondary method, most of your input was handled on the keyboard still.
It was only really with you got to games that keyboard AND mouse had a similar level of usage and the placement of the 10key pad actually became a nuisance.

>using the black dell keyboard with extra spacing numpad for fat finger protection
>using the sculpt ergonomic keyboard with numpad on left side
>using the Logitech G600 with mouse buttons mapped to numpad
>using both hands to pound the regular number keys even faster without mis-typing
>using shift ASDFGHJKL: as numbers in a custom VIM config mode

Attached: time linux.png (815x556, 300K)

It is if you're using the computer for actual productivity tasks instead of games and media consumption.

FPBP

Discriminating against left handed people since forever

This.

Attached: Children’s – Litereadture.jpg (1600x1456, 116K)

I use it daily.

you don't use 4 chan x do you

I use it at work.

what does that have to do with anything

This

it has a lot to do with everything

OP fucking destroyed in his own thread

Attached: 1529101396975.png (399x509, 180K)

Yes
I work in accounting

Never used it while coding
Or writing anything at all
It's almost like it's for accounting niggers

for you.

>actually using mouse
get out

Attached: aivo.png (645x773, 107K)

My language uses the top row for extra letters. Without numblock i wouldnt be able to even input letters!

Also good luck playing street fighter without movement on numblock.

Attached: změna_klavesnice2.jpg (350x130, 28K)

It's easier to type a long string of numbers using the numpad than using the ones on the left, so yes, it is still relevant.

can't change settings without it in my bios so yes, i would be pretty fucked without it