Attached: Loonux.jpg (2528x1440, 169K)

Other urls found in this thread:

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=2990wx-linux-windows&num=2
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

7z is shit, use unar

>[Higher is Better]

in that case OP is doing pretty good

Attached: hal.jpg (800x800, 170K)

I always find it funny how they say that or lower is better because they know benchmarkfags are braindead

dont tell me what to do

There's literally one benchmark in that entire video where Windows had the upper hand by a significant margin. Linux fucking stomped Windows.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: sick storms.png (231x245, 84K)

Lel. Not to mention you can compile your own linux kernel to get rid of bloat.

I don't think you understand that meme...

>shillware unboxed

he..he 'lius is beta they sed'
[Higher is better]

Attached: 1534658547626.png (558x614, 24K)

>windows - 54063
>linux - 83491
That's 60%+ better score, jesus fucking christ

KEK
LOok at this shit

Attached: 2990WXvs7980XE.png (1260x673, 235K)

For Linux/Windows, yes.
For the comparison between processors, the 2990WX is bottlenecked by being a memory cucked version of Epyc.

help. muh linux will obliterate this one!

Attached: 2990WXvs7980XE-Apache.png (1250x671, 262K)

>higher is better
Hahahaahah kill yourself OP

MUH DIK

Attached: jonripper2990WX.jpg (854x480, 65K)

In all seriousness, Where 2990WX or 7980XE wins, why Windows' thread scheduling is so shite? Why people still use that abomination?

Explain
Is this number of guesses/tries per second?

>2990wx score is literally off the charts
OBLITERATION

Raw throughput of hashing strings.

It's shit because it's OLD
Nothing gets fixed instead it's new code on old garbage and it piles up
thatonewindowsdevwhotellshorrorstoryofwindowscodebase.jpg

Here's the real question.
What is the hashrate of the 2990wx in Cryptonight?

Thank you.

Windows Server doesn't have this problem.

Because there's still some DOS code in the kernel.

How do I remove bloat in Windows 10?

Yes it does, it's just not QUITE as bad.

>7980xe also gets shat on by wangblows scheduler
kek

Upgrade to Windows 7.

Install openBSD

The performance deficit is not caused by bloat. It's because of the computing architecture of the NT kernel.
Linux has been enhanced by its use in supercomputers and servers, where massively multicore memory sharing and scheduling is important. This use of the kernel has promoted its improvement of multicore systems to a far greater extent than Windows' NT kernel.

It literally says higher is better in the title

So I should run Windows as a VM in Linux?

Why? It depends entirely on your specific use-case.

OP here
>Does not get reverse trolling Jow Forums

Attached: pretending.png (244x226, 2K)

Great, I'll waste hours of my life to save 5ms per archive.

I'm a AMD fanboy :^) with the carat nose

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

> Mis-reads graph and embarrasses himself
> Embarrasses himself further by pretending he was just le epic troll xD

Reddit tier moron.

Seething
>cope.jpg

OP = brainlet, don't try to get out of this because every one on this thread now knows you're retarded.

Attached: index.png (207x243, 6K)

Ebin

What you all failed to notice was Steve's comments at the end of the video about Linux being a pile of poo and Windows is still bestest OS in terms of useability.

> Be lifetime winbaby.
> Install vanilla Ubuntu with its trash GNOME 3 DE and horrible color scheme.
> Only actual complaint he put forward afterwards is having no adobe.
Honestly it could've gone much worse considering the route he took.

Did he mention no activation required? How about the package manager?
Just that is enough for me.

>how do you know that he is running linux on vm

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=2990wx-linux-windows&num=2

Nah he literally just said windows is a better desktop and that if "Linux" (quotes because usage in this case is kind of inane) had a desktop experience anywhere near it, it wouldn't have such a tiny marketshare.

Install DragonflyBSD

Attached: DragonFlyBSD.png (994x768, 52K)

>i like my shit bloated and inefficient
Windowsfag

Not entirely true though. Windows has been preinstalled in computers since the mainstream had computing available to use while Linux never had. That's the difference.

Has anyone tried running games in Linux vs Windows with the 2990WX? It'd be curious to see whether the shit CPU perf on Windows or the shit GPU drivers on Linux causes more performance impact.

Well.. linix is winning in all of them so far

Hours? What kind of shit machine do you have?

Hey, his position, not mine bruh.
Personally how he kept referring to his Ubuntu install as just Linux and interpreting his experience with it as universal without regard to how wildly things can vary from kernel config to userland, init and WM/DE preferences was to me equal parts genuinely upsetting as he's lousing up the idea of trying out a different OS to his viewers and just plain cringeworthy from the ignorance he radiated whilst doing so.

It's entirely true though. Windows has been preinstalled because it offered OEMs a proper desktop experience they could market to people.

Muh adobe and m-muh desktop experience.
Like that guy in the video said.

>GNU/Linux
did you just assume my compiler and c lib?

Wait didn't 2990WX absolutely destroy intel's housefire machine in 7zip even on windows?

Stop caring, you're sounding like an unironic incel.

wrong thread. sorry.

Yes in decompression

>and just plain cringeworthy from the ignorance he radiated whilst doing so.
Agreed. Steve lost my respect after this nonsensical winbabble (if not assuming OS limitations with the 2990WX and attributing it to the CPU itself wasn't enough). It seems like all he knows is to double-click EXEs and wait them to output a number, so he can make nice graphs for his audience.

Attached: microsoft.png (1300x4704, 1.14M)

you can use the same drivers mate, it's better on linux

>implying