Nvidia #BeForTheGame GPU launch livestream placeholder

Nvidia #BeForTheGame GPU launch livestream placeholder.

nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/
twitch.tv/nvidia

Join us for ebin lulz with #LeatherJacketMan 'The more you buy. The more you save goys!' and other antics.
Be prepared to drop your pants for that RTX 2080 Ti (On shiggy diggy 16nm+++) as you get ass raped on price.
Laugh, then cry as you realize it's only an 8% uplift over Pascal.
Be prepared for more Raytracing memes and single game only using it until they upsell you to 7nm in a years time.
>'But muh gigarays per second!'

Tune in. Turn on. Drop the soap. Or just hangout and shitpost like always.

Attached: NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-2080-Ti-reference.jpg (1000x368, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wccftech.com/nvidia-gtx-2060-5gb-3dmark-score-allegedly-leaks-its-very-fast/
3dmark.com/fs/16142651
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

In this thread we laught AMD fanboys in meltdown as OP.

Feel free screenshot AMD meltdown.

WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE AMD CARDS

Wait for Ve..err...Navi.

This is going to be disappointing
Volta/rtx is clearly just a workstation card with more cores and tensor + rt slapped on which I know will be useless for gaming until amd catches up.
I don't even think navi has this.
Who knows but since 99% of game engines are based on amd Gcn arch first because of consoles it's gonna be very interesting come 2020
2019 is gonna be boring as fuck unless amd drop another polaris (where is big polaris amd?!) or something entirely new on 7nm
Amd gaffot with a 56 here don't bother either get one and put up with miserable performance around gtx 1070 or just wait

Did you flash it to 64 BIOS and tweak it? I undervolted mine whilst pushing memory speed and clocks to the max before it would crash and get close to GTX 1080 performance in a lot of games (I say close as in within 10-20 FPS but as long as you are staying above 60 FPS or your lowest Freesync range all is well.

Mine is a airboost cbf bios flashing I couldn't make it run much faster than what u did and yeah my gtx 1080 was 20-30fps faster
Bought at the peak of the boom so already lost 50% of the value just by letting it sit for a month cbf selling it.
Xsync is a fucking meme I'm waiting for fs2 and better panel tech

That Airboost GPU is a fucking meme anyhow. Should have got either thirty proper cooling or a stokc GPU and water cooled it. At any rate. There are some guides on tweaking it up to near GTX 1080 performance levels at the cost of a little extra juice and heat.

>thirty = third party

What's the point of getting an NVIDIA GPU if they haven't fucking implemented the CuDDNLSTM layer in tensorflow to accept zero-masking and variable length

As I said that's fucking pointless
Clocking it u to near gtx power for almost double the tdp (150-180w of the gtx 1080 to 300w for 10% less perf) is a joke
Then there's all the things amd didn't get working before raja left and shit the bed like prim discard and shaders (amds answer to rtx?)
I gave up giving a shit and just went back to my 1080 it's faster cooler and I don't have to tweak it runs 2ghz core out of the box

If I was not a brainlet I would answer you. But being a brainlet I can only assume BECAUSE IT'S A 'PRO' FEATURE.

RTG is not the problem and Koduri was limited on both funds and had to take over the then already in the pipeline Vega when he really wanted to work on Navi. Management told him to concentrate on that as there was limited budget and Zen was more important. As it stands Vega is only a midrange GPU. If you paid a midrange price then it's not such a bad deal.

Idk it's basically like gaming on a quadro at this point no games support any of this shit it's all work flow 3d cgi rendering workstation based.
I doubt we will see it trickle down to games in 5-10 years even if amd has a huge push in the same area to differentiate from last gen stuff but I doubt it
Nvidia have been sitting on this since 2010 or earlier it was meant to be out by 2013 but then amd shit the bed with the fury and 390
It's a useless feature for gaming cards
Also how the fuck does it have slower core clocks? Literally 500mhz less than my pascal it's gonna be a flop at 300w (285w my ass) as well

Payed as much as I did for a gtx 1080 around 500usd so I'm pretty pissed.
I was mainly curious every couple of months I chuck it back in to see if it was fixed in drivers like the older cards where but nope much like fury x it's just as slow.

It pisses me off cause I was working on a natural language processing model
and I bought an NVIDIA GPU for the sole purpose of having
faster training speeds and now that I'm at a point
where that increase means the difference between waiting 30 seconds an hour and 30 minutes

What pisses me off even more is that they said it'd be available in Tensorflow 1.5 and keras 2.0
yet it is still unsupported for probably the most time intensive training task

I paid £380 ($399 at thew time) on launch day so not too pissed. If I had waited mining would have fucked me over. I looked at GTX 1080's at the time and they worked out rather more expensive for me and as I said. I can get GTX 1070 Ti performance so I'm pretty happy. Shame prim shaders and discard went to game devs instead of driver level though. That had so much potential.

Insider info: Vega 7nm will destroy Turding

Vega 7nm begin for datacenter.

My dad works at Nintendo

Will come for gaming. Navi is another whole level and will BTFO anything PC gaming has.
Then don't believe me, just remember this post

Navi is not even gonna be MCM so will suffer the same issues as any other monolithic die CPU/GPU. 7nm will not save it.

Navi will had primitive shaders in driver?
Navi approx TFlops?

Larping should be a bannable offence.

Man I was waiting for this gen to upgrade from my 1070 but unless the performance improvement is massive I think I'll skip it. Or just buy a 1080ti.
>2080 for a price of 1080ti with meager specs
>2080ti for a price of a titan
For what purpose.

Amd should refund Vega owners who bought them for gaming because of missing features
So pissed

How come there have been virtually no leaks about the RTX 2070?. Are they really going to delay it now?

Hello Sirs please not of buy Nvidia Graphics Card Turing 2080, please wait for AMD Navi.

Thankings you

>making a thread 6 hours before

yikes

I just want a GPU that can run every game on ultra @ 1440p with over 60 FPS 0.01% minimums.

So this is for ray tracing. What about the next gen GTX.

Not possible on anything less than a
1080ti or 2080 but imho it's not worth it
Blame lazy devs as well

LMAO already full on damage control

Attached: PartialScreenshot_20180820-114315.png (1440x1381, 181K)

low quality post

Can't wait to buy a used 1080ti for cheap LOL

truly epic lols

>#BeForTheGay

Attached: DlB4m_fXgAEq6vs.jpg large.jpg (1024x576, 63K)

gotta stick it to the chinaman whenever I can, he won't see a dime of my money!

?

#BeForTheGaym

GANG WEED RISE UP!!

Where's the gay?

guys watch my videbomb. i'll be there in cologne in a few hours and smack an amd gpu against huangs head

>#BeForTheGayMen

I'll be upgrading my original (first gen) Titan to a 2080 TI
what am I looking at, a 18x performance boost in normal operation
can't imagine the tensorflow boost

>#EVGAy

Attached: EVGA-RTX-2080-XC-Ultra[1].jpg (964x847, 103K)

#TuringWins

3 times Titan Kepler.
Maybe 18 raytrace operations.
And 20 times tensor convolution networks.

Gigarays...I mean byte!

Attached: GIGABYTE-GeForce-GTX-2080-Ti-GAMING-OC[1].jpg (1000x828, 135K)

Everyone has seen those, stop posting.

Le ugly gay friend.

Attached: PALIT-GeForce-RTX-2080-GamingPro[1].jpg (1000x803, 118K)

I hate the gaming marketing

fuck you asshole

>RigaGays

I will buy the 2080 Strix and no other. Strix cards look the best, stay silent and have great thermals under load.

It will be at least 50% better performance than last generation, even more at high resolutions

20 days training in one
m-muh dick

vram is overrated garbage

you rarely ever even need more than 4gb, and it swaps out all the time so even when it's full it's not a big deal

non-Jow Forums poster here

Is this true??

This desu senpai

The best thing about new GPU release is the old GPUs sell for cheap on eBay

>literally 6 hours away
I want all shills of all companies to leave Jow Forums

Big Black Card

#PrayForNavi
#betterred
#radeonrebellion

Yes

no

This is Ray the Giga Nigga. He's gonna wreck your shit with his BBC later on today. Oh don't worry about his ugly, whiney little step kid he made last year. He's retarded because he lacks any gigas.

Attached: 1534648869072.png (720x720, 1010K)

2060 benchmark leaked and it's already as fast as a 1080 so yes

where is this benchmark?

wccftech.com/nvidia-gtx-2060-5gb-3dmark-score-allegedly-leaks-its-very-fast/

>allegedly leaks
>a fucking 3dmark result with no info or proof
nigger please

>starts during my commute
What the fuck

Attached: 1494343137092.jpg (500x282, 34K)

3dmark.com/fs/16142651

Do we get a sticky or that's just for iToddler threads?

Alright, so which of the 2080 TIs do we buy?

PNY, Sapphire, Gigabyte, EVGA?

>lists the irrelevant manufacturers with 30% rma rates
yikes

Umm none of those

Asus or MSI

>Generic VGA
>Comment added by uploader
>Posted on wccftech
Yeah, that's fake, just watch how wccftech edits or deletes their """leaks""" when they turn out to be totally wrong. They have already done this in the past.

Forgive me. I gladly accept 's recommendation of manufacturer.

But that's the only one with a nice, distinct aesthetic that isn't generic gayman shit.

Shame about the red color scheme though.

>faking 3dmark scores
It's easy, right.

It's not a stretch, 9 to 10 generation was at least 50% faster, almost 100% faster at high resolutions

Strix/Windforce aren't gaymen. They're just black shrouds and you can disable the RGB.

it's a strange phenomenom of being excited about upgrading GPU even though I dont even play any "ultra-quality-graphics-AAA-games"

My GPU actually died and I am on withdrawal, so I'll probably buy the shitty 2080ti even if it turns out crap, its better than nothing worst case I'll resell it a year later and make some loss and get the 3080 or whatever.

Well there we go then

EVGA. If you buy anything else you should just die

Big yikes

Attached: 1515556541051.jpg (940x175, 58K)

Fuck
2080 799
2080 Ti 1199

>Open-air cooler
Looks like there's literally no point in buying a reference card anymore.

AHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!

Waiting for the 2060's eventual release so I can upgrade my GTX 670, held out on 9xx series, and was going to get a 1060, but with the 2060 near release, if it's a bit faster than a 1060 might jump on it. 2gb of vram has been a bottleneck in pretty much everything for the past few years.

Why is anyone surprised? It's a new card with the new RTX cores (which I'm sure aren't very cheap to implement, not yet anyway) and Nvidia has literally 0 competition for the next year or so.

Just be happy it isn't more.

Literally Vega-tier whiplash

Attached: 1500586341154.png (494x264, 324K)

That's pretty normal

1080 launched at $699

Attached: 1527938810583.gif (336x178, 3.09M)

what are the chances its not going to be banshee with inferno on two fans?

B-but muh RTX 2060 with performance of GTX 1080 for 250$?!?

2060 prices aren't even there

monopoly 101
increase margins as much as your clients allow

BUYING A 2080 TI TO PLAY OLD MULTIPLATS AND EMULATORS AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA