Are VA panels gotten better than IPS recently or I'm imagining things? VA panels have ridiculous contrast ratios...

Are VA panels gotten better than IPS recently or I'm imagining things? VA panels have ridiculous contrast ratios, wide color gamuts and don't have those horrible edge glows that most consumer IPS panels have. As for response times, VA are usually faster than IPS at the typical 4ms gtg, while most IPS seem to be around 5-8ms.

Attached: va-vs-ips[1].jpg (699x386, 45K)

Ok and?

>Are VA panels gotten better than IPS recently
no

My VA panels have always done better in the rich blacks, vibrant colors category and no backlight bleeding than my IPS screens.

I'm not a pro gamer so I can't really tell how much latency it has, but if I could, I'd probably go with high refresh rate screens.

They were always better. IPS has garbage tier black levels and it ruins everything.

>muh blacks meme
blacked.com enthusiasts need to fuck off

all LCD suck stop comparing on level of shit to another.

and OLED didn't fix any thing it has literal grain and splotch marks on the back of the screen that are from how its "grown" literally looks like uncleanable blotches over your screen in gray brown dark area.

i don't give a shit about color reproduction - i just want sub-1μs response time back

those are niggers.

I don't give a shit about response time. I want color accuracy

I love how they think there their TN monitors are actualy 1ms and their VA are 4ms and their 5-8ms when they don't release the manufactures moved the goal post in 2014 and use a diferent test now to get thous numbers and the actually lag is 13/15/20+ms and even the fastst LCD a 240hz "1ms" still has 10-11ms lag at the crosshair in the middle of the screen and 15ms at the bottom.

LAWL>

VA Panels have always been better than IPS in terms of pure image quality, but there's recently been a push to make high refresh VA panels to compete with IPS.

If ghosting doesn't bother you, go with a VA. A Quantum Dot VA will have better colors than IPS and be in a totally different league in terms of contrast ratio. Everything will look a ton better. There's a reason they're the preferred LCD panel for high end home theater guys.

TN with digital vibrance is indistinguishable from IPS.
IPS has smearing due to piss or response times and awful backlight bleed.

I never experienced this edge glow meme everyone talks about, and I have a cheap dell IPS monitor.

>Are VA panels gotten better than IPS recently
Just some of them such as AMVA and MVA, most still are shit.

I got a 92% adobe RGB AMVA panel with 3000:1 contrast and excellent backlight uniformity, for the same price I could get a mediocre IPS with 98% Adobe RGB 1000;1 contrast and shitty backlight\.

But that's lucky me, most VA panels out there are still fucking shit.

your own pic shows IPS BTFO's VA

>i don't give a shit about color reproduction
it's like saying "I don't care about sound quality on my speakers". kys baboon.

Me either. I have a Dell 2713HM. There's some smearing because it's only 60hz. My Viewsonic XG2703 is ultra clear though.

no, it's nothing like that, you strange angry kid - go jump off a cliff or, at least, never post again

exactly - not a single LCD panel ever felt as responsive as my trusty 17'' CRT did.

Attached: 1503944484676.jpg (604x604, 35K)

Panel lottery

^
useless shitposters should unironically be banned

You can't fix shitty viewing angles with digital vibrance.

Response times were always a scam.

THIS 4000 DOLLAR laptop from the year 2002 has a VERY NICE LCD screen, it is comparable to modern screens by its color production but of course not in resolution or screen refresh rate

Attached: a31.jpg (640x634, 47K)

Based IPS keeping black levels down.

IPS looks better in every way in that image.

it took a little digging, but there seems to be a Video Signal Input Lag Tester made by some skillful handyman and it seems to confirm the legend about pseudo 1ms gaymung LCD panels - the delay is from 9 on top to 14ms at the bottom.
Shame that this thing doesn't work on CRTs though.

Attached: lagtest.jpg (640x480, 72K)

Nothing beats IPS.

>Are VA panels gotten better than IPS recently or I'm imagining things?

You either failed English class or you had two different lines of thought running when you wrote this.