Literal daily programming thread

Literal daily programming thread.

What are you currently working on? Why are you working on it?

Keep trashtalk at minimum pls.

Attached: 1525553429021.jpg (503x1024, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Cloudnaut/HFFDC/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm learning python as I think it'll help out with my uni degree (AppFin). Was tossing up between it and R, but decided to leave that for later.

Making an app/server to scan qr codes and check user credentials for a club.

Goddamn, I forgot how much I enjoy programming

finished a 3D engine using C and opengl
now adding gdt and interrupts to my OS
after that im going to research compiler development. if anyone has any good resources link em pls. any advice welcome

Attached: Untitled.png (503x1024, 502K)

Good job.

Implemented a delta sync tool in C/C++ for super big files.

I'll use it to sync changes in my 2TB disc image to my USB2.0 external hard drive. Otherwise it takes me ages for a simple backup.

First run was successful, now I just want to improve the user experience and add a few enhancements.

And yes it's overall much faster than rsync in the given use case. And no it's no replacement for rsync.

github.com/Cloudnaut/HFFDC/

why do i like shitty puns so much

saved

Attached: 1530800652733.png (577x387, 21K)

Would be funnier if the top image wasn't edited.

I'm learning python as well as calculus, linear algebra and statistics because I want to eventually get into machine learning and programming neural networks. I never learned math beyond trig and calculating slope because I went to an arts high school for music and then did an English degree. I already have a few good ideas for projects and I'm looking forward to getting my hands dirty when it comes time to code.

this

No

Do you work on side project and do daily challenge?

if you can work on real projects you dont need to do daily challenges anymore

Gimpfag who did the edit, you can cut and paste the top half in even paint in like 10 seconds tops.

at work, I'm writing a C++ application that runs on Linux on a specialized piece of hardware.

Yes. Because if you edit the top half, it telegraphs the joke. You don't want to do that. Leave the top half as is, and it makes the payoff punchier.

fuck that shit nigger

That would make more sense if it wasn't a comic and the joke isn't "telegraphed" by your peripheral vision.

Started learning Clojure. Seems like a nice lang that suits me. We'll have to see though. I'm an absolute beginner so I don't really care about if it's not as efficient or as good as other languages, I just wanted something I could be interested in.

Once you see the edit in the very first panel, you're already thinking, "Oh, that's where the joke is going to be," and you're already looking for it in panel #2. By leaving panel #1 unedited, it keeps the tension and suspense, then when you see Boomer guy revealed in panel #2, it's funnier. It has more impact.

I mean, if you made the top panel so Boomer guy was easily recognizeable, you wouldn't even need to have panel #2. Everyone would immediately know what the joke is. And that would be funny in itself. It would be a good 1-panel comic

This much more frustrating than challenges. Challenges aren't as boring as real problems

kek'ed and that was a good kek boy

*crrrrrk*

Attached: now_thats_a_drink.jpg (503x1024, 231K)