This is a random street from the 80s

This is a random street from the 80s

Notice how nobody is looking down at their phones like a hypnotized baboon

Attached: 42-street-8.jpg (640x458, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

news.sky.com/story/dumb-phone-sales-on-the-rise-as-smartphone-users-hope-to-switch-off-11476323
zerohplovecraft.wordpress.com/2018/05/11/the-gig-economy-2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no, they're looking at the signs and ads, existing purely to hold a bored man's attention and manipulate them into buying shit

I'd rather be talking to a friend than that

Attached: all this technology is making us antisocial.jpg (500x347, 40K)

People never looked at things while walking before.

Attached: nws.jpg (492x394, 56K)

I don't see any sluts in half naked clothing either
checkmate Kaczynski

Attached: 1526766924129.png (910x480, 512K)

This was 1991, look at the movies playing. Surprised they aren't all looking at their pagers.

Well, early 90s was a transition period after late 80s. It's like 80s but with slightly fewer mustaches

>DUDE NEWSPAPERS ARE LIKE PHONES WHATS THE DIFFERENCE LMAO
Holy fucking reddit

Attached: 1496451679657s.jpg (250x241, 7K)

I'm sure newspapers made people into obsessive social media addicts with zero attention span, too.

The argument that thing is bad because now people are doing thing instead of old thing is retarded, because if old thing was so much better people would still be doing it. Nobody fucking wants to talk to strangers in the street

only yuppies had pagers

This is stupid because people factually had more face-to-face interaction before smartphones. Anyone who is not underage can attest.

>frog poster
kill yourself at the earliest convenience

The argument that jumping off a cliff is ok because everyone else is doing it is equally absurd and ill conceived

nobody is forcing you to use your cellphone bro
people aren't doing it out of peer pressure

>nobody is forcing you to use your cellphone bro
Not having a cellphone in 2018 is about as viable as living in a cave in 1860

I'm not wrong though, reddit boy.

Attached: 1518643461707.png (1024x1234, 1.02M)

I don't have one
And even if you do, nobody is forcing you to use it more than neccessary

I don't look at my phone while walking or waiting in line. Who cares what other people are doing.

news.sky.com/story/dumb-phone-sales-on-the-rise-as-smartphone-users-hope-to-switch-off-11476323

I am physically and mentally incapable of using my phone while walking.

Technophobes will be left behind in the dust, while the rest of us will transcend humanity due their adaptability to change.
If you don't like the current changing social values and means of communication and are the typical person who has to complain everyone is holding technology and an ocean of information in the palm of his or her hand as a bad state of affair, you deserve to get incurable cancer and be forced to scour the internet for means of survival only to die a painful death looking like a corpse months before you get there.

Attached: tumblr_lqbdfqwoRG1qdm81m.png (500x398, 328K)

>Technophobes will be left behind in the dust, while the rest of us will transcend humanity due their adaptability to change
This sentence is grammatically incorrect

Attached: unnamed.jpg (605x403, 34K)

I may get cancer, but that doesn't stop you from being a faggot

>transcend
Transendance...

looks like all that dronephone use fried your brain

Stop posting this half ass argument in every thread like this. As if they had an equivalent force like Facebook knowingly manipulating people's emotions, gathering your information and selling it to advertisers.

>As if they had an equivalent force like Facebook knowingly manipulating people's emotions
it was called TV
and it did a better job controlling the thoughts of the population than Facebook ever will

>read news via phone vs read news via newspaper
hmm

>TV is the same as Facebook
Oh wow

TV was better at Facebook for controlling peoples thoughts because the content of TV was completely controlled by the powers that be with zero user input

OP is a faggot

This.

Just can't wait to feel the 5G

Attached: 1437937719728.png (483x504, 20K)

>DUDE TECHNOLOGY LMAO
Literal clingy spergs need to hang themselves.

fucking delusional wannabe cyberpunk fuckwit.

Do you think normalshit give a fuck about technology? no they don't. If they could read fagsapp/fb chat/instagram/twitter on a rock they would.

I bet you eat a lot of cheese cake

>read news via newspaper vs do literally anything your degenerate mind can imagine via phone
hmm

I hate cheese cake

I would doubt that but trips of truth dictate I accept your explanation.

Except nobody is doing it. What a dumb fucking analogy holy shit

>masses of mindless Facebook zombies
>nobody is doing it
Ok guy

>facebook zombies
What the hell is the difference between talking to poeple on the web and on the street? Fucking incel.

What year was the picture of them on the train taken? Society wasn't completely indoctrinated into television till the late 50s.

Attached: 8859947.0001.001-00000021.jpg (453x285, 26K)

>What the hell is the difference between talking to poeple on the web and on the street
Emotion, compassion, empathy, warmness, personality.

>Fucking incel.
Back to Jow Forums with you

I used a flip phone for 6 months while inner city commuting. The only negative was college kids thought I moved weight and would try to initiate degenerate conversation at random

>Emotion, compassion, empathy, warmness, personality.
Sounds like concepts you lack and project it onto others. You're a literal angsty sperg.

>moving the goalposts

>Emotion, compassion, empathy, warmness, personality.
yeah that happens to me with strangers on the street all the time

Not having one and not using it at all times are two separate things.

Attached: 1534564344172.gif (255x231, 112K)

>not being a chad with 10 charisma
It's your fault really

>redditfrog poster calling others reddit
how ironic

No niggers either.

People who think they're cool by chatting up people on the street usually have low charisma and just learnt to talk to people for the first time

There is a black guy right in the center of the picture. Stop being a racist

>being this retarded

Attached: 7f0ncqjv8i111.jpg (639x605, 50K)

"their" can be taken to refer to "technophobes", which makes it grammatically correct but nonsense.

Imagine being a dumb racist with limited perception

Attached: african_americans_in_80s_photo.jpg (640x458, 88K)

That's because the photo wasn't taken in Los Angeles.

Imagine wanting to live with people like yourself in your own nation.

Jow Forumstards always say this yet they're always ugly retards who even people of their own race dislike

Imagine going against nature and artificially homogenizing population because you're a closed minded fool

There's nothing wrong looking at your phone while in public.
This way no female sees me staring at her boobs, ass or camel toe.

Is Boyz n hood a good movie?
Never heard about it.
Naked gun though is excellent.

>This way no female sees me staring at her boobs, ass or camel toe
Unless they've mastered the art of peripheral vision

DUDE PHONES LMAO is the absolute lowest form of social commentary.

Heh, probably too shy to say anything or I'm really this good.

yeah, it's good

We no longer have a need for grammer in the world of electronic communication our way is the future.
>luddite

I know that feeling.... but islam is love and piece. A piece of me here, a piece of me there.

What a fucking cia nigger.

80s girls are so pretty. I love their big curly hair.

the difference is that on the street you'd get a fist in your face for being an insufferable asshole, which is why you stick to the internet

80's lingerie is mostly a shit though

It takes like less than 15 minutes to read through the interesting parts of the newspaper. People spend hours on their phone doing stupid shit.

Attached: images.jpg (251x201, 11K)

People just pretended everything in it was extremely important and read it all and bought all the newspapers to get away from excessive interaction. Ever seen an old fart sitting on a park bench with a stack of newspapers all morning? Pretty much that.

yea the "im 14 and this is deep" posting really has been getting out of control. too many underage retards around these days

>sits in a corner drooling while plugged in to the beach program
>ahaha at those technophobes who are sitting at the beach right now
>i can literally switch to loli programs and back if I want to

You didn't want a pager then, unless you were a kid who thought they were cool.
They're basically electronic leashes that tie you to work whenever and wherever.

You're a fucking idiot if you walk around the city with your face buried in your phone.
Browsing while waiting in line or riding the bus/train is pretty convenient though.

>obsessively checking Facebook profile instead of enjoying a bus ride
Sure thing anonbro

The fuck are you suposed to enjoy? Diesel engine sounds, traffic and the scenery from your daily commute that's probably already burned onto your visual cortex from sheer repetition? Get real, you'd rather just poof inside your home if you could.

>Often I see people lament their phone use as “addiction”, as if there is something so much better out in front of us, as if the world of ideas is so terrible. All interstitial moments have become corridors of ideas. We pass through idle moments, car and bus rides, bathroom breaks, hallways, sidewalks, and airports, each of us minimally present, the whole time floating in an ocean of text and images.
zerohplovecraft.wordpress.com/2018/05/11/the-gig-economy-2/

>you were a kid who thought they were cool
For selling drugs.

lmao does anyone look at Facebook anymore?
I have a 10 min drive to work, so I don't experience this daily, but I will read news articles and such when I am bored.

>Do you think normalshit give a fuck about technology?
It doesn't matter. Technology gives a shit about them.

Attached: just as pland.png (680x474, 473K)

Yeah. I remember when I used to buy a newspaper and read it for 15 hours. It just doesn't run out.

>knowingly manipulating people's emotions
I think the newspapers/phones analogy is weak, but this is exactly what the press has always done.

Attached: 1910 cartoon.jpg (2000x1256, 1.34M)

>Is Boyz n hood a good movie?
It's GTA: SA: The Movie.

the biggest problem with modern day phone and tablet obsession is that the content is just shit.
literally staring at the sky would be a better idea.
social media like twitter is just detached bullshit dissecting human beings and putting everything up to a public vote
forums and other forms of discussion like reddit are just crippled forms of human interaction that breeds sociopaths and retards
and the rest is just memes and bullshit not worth reading

the 0.01% who really just use the internet to get information, they do it right

I've come to think that to be happy you need to work at a different location every day. It's natural for a network technician to move from one location to another, but if you are a programmer, maybe you could work from different coworking spaces and net cafes.

I really loved when I had my first IT job as basically "network bitch".
I worked for a larger school district, so I got to drive around to all the different schools and do whatever cable/physical maintenance to the fiber/switches/building network cable.

It was nice because every day featured something different. Now I work at a desk in a basement with no windows and it's just depressing.

Twitter is full of absolute garbage, but it's better designed than other social shit. It's like a wall garden of RSS feeds. Because of that it's possible, with effort, to curate a high quality niche tech news and $your-hobby feed mostly free from SJW or celebrity bullshit.

> zero attention span
I'd blame the radio or television as the first chronological culprit.

As for newspaper specifically, the mental effort require to read an article is less than what's needed to read a book, but the worst would be the introduction of bullshit like astrology. I bet all those instagram selfie chicks of today would read nothing but their daily astrological forecast and other trivialities should they have been born decades earlier.

not as much as they do now

they are doing it because its like a drug that they are addicted to

The newspapers have controlled content, designed to illicit responses out of the masses, in practically, but not totally, the same way as social media and online news does today. The main exception with online news compared to newspaper is the wider selection of choice as to where you get your news from. The advent of online news does not however stop most media outlets from regurgitating the same news as what a newspaper would.

>Imagine going against nature and artificially homogenizing population because you're a closed minded fool

Oh wow. Planes and boats are natural things that used to help people migrate to places with better welfare since ever!
Fucking moron. Globalization is unnatural thing. The reason races exist is because there was no mixing between them you fucking libratd.

nigger you are gay

Stay mad you nazi moron. Go and hide in your basement, you're too much of a coward to proclaim your idiotic beliefs to everyone else anyway.