"No Dad. I don't want a fucking thinkpad!"

>"No Dad. I don't want a fucking thinkpad!"

Can you justify spending $2,800 AUD on this?

Attached: 09-razer-blade-2018.jpg (830x467, 46K)

If I had to buy a laptop I'd buy a Surface so I could use it while taking a shit.

No but I can justify spending 1300 on an XPS 13 with a CPU as powerful as the one in my bro's gaymen PC.

No, so i got this used several years ago. Hit the motherboard with some Epic dusting and new paste, still runs like a charm today. The CPU is a little lacking, but not much, Intel hasn't evolved noticeably before Ryzen.

Attached: ux32vd.jpg (550x309, 27K)

>can't use it while taking a shit

dropped

Get some fibre in your diet.

>can't use it while taking a shit

What's wrong with your body? I'm somewhat chubby, and i can do that easily. What on earth have you eaten or done to yourself?!

Attached: 838be69e63fa4faa7c16ee8631cc70d5.jpg (604x453, 81K)

But then I'd take even more shits and being able to use my laptop while taking a shit would become even more of an issue.

Who the fuck uses laptop while taking shit, that's unhealthy

Because sitting with your phone is somewhat more healthy?

Well, you can lean a bit forwards, so technically, yes.

Agreed

I'm gonna be traveling for a couple months so I'm considering it. Gonna cover up the logo so i don't look like a complete muppet though. Otherwise I can't say anything bad about it except it being overpriced.

Attached: skinslmao.jpg (1137x789, 78K)

why don't you just enjoy your shitting moment

>Arching your back
Enjoy your spine problems

I couldn't justify spending anything more than $500 on Razer's computers. The fact that Razer has figured out decent aesthetics doesn't overcome their inability to ship reliable, quality-controlled laptops.

It has normal sized arrows keys. That's a start.

you can justify it with the specs

go look at top dell xps is just over 3k with a 1050ti
macbook pros start $3499 15"

laptops are hideously overpriced in Aus, and hard to even research reviews on because the equivalent model in the US will have higher specs (ssd, ram, gpu etc, screen etc)

always check the specs list and do not buy current season models, wait until last years go into clearance push

>$2,800 AUD
It doesn't have to be new. We have a few online dealers that buy used Thinkpads from companies bulk, they clean them, they check them, they give a warranty and you can return it within 14 days if not completely satisfied.

I bought my T430 for 360 Euros and then spent the same amount on 16GB RAM, a 480GB SSD and a new battery. I'm happy with my choice.

Attached: 28123.gif (150x150, 8K)

T430 150€
16GB RAM 80€
70€ SSD
Total: 300€

jelly?

btw, get a FHD or WQHD display mod
and quad core

>jelly?
A bit, yes. But my money is spent, and it's way past the 14 day mark, so I'm stuck with my choice.

You both wasted money. Good goys

It's better than chinkpads to be honest. But not >$2000.

I'm not sure how, given the alternatives that were either more expensive or didn't come with nearly the memory I need for my stuff.
I didn't pick Thinkpad for the sake of Thinkpad, it was just that they had them in bulk at a good price, and I knew from a company model I once had that they were sturdy and could take being dropped from a table.

>300 euro for a sturdy laptop
>wasted money
Remember that we don't spend 5000 euro + tip for a 5 minute visit to the doctor.

You'd quickly realize how uncomfortable that is compared to a regular laptop.

>bought a good laptop at a good price
>wasted money
????

Bruh humans are meant to shit in a crouching sort of position.
You can emulate it by putting a stool in front of your toilet so your feet are just a little lower than your bum.

Shouldn't have to spend more than a few minutes like this, you'll find that it's much easier to shit. No pushing/waiting required.

>"No Dad. I don't want a fucking thinkpad!"
Welp then it sounds like someone is going to be paying for their own laptop.
Better get out there and start mowing lawns, son.

> can't arch his back for two minutes a day without it seizing

Attached: 1534770825958.png (376x341, 57K)

nigga no, just do your business like a regular person and respect the time you have without any distractions

why does anyone bring any kind of electronics into the bathroom, every time you do that the shit particles are getting trapped inside of your device and it does build up over time

> Touching your devices at any time between standing up to wipe and washing your hands.
> Not using cleaning wipes on your oft-handled electronics regularly anyways.

Attached: 1519221407637.jpg (255x255, 10K)

Is that a Razer Blade? The one with the trackpad on the right is pretty cool, but the one that looks like a normal laptop seems pointless to me.

This, let him pay em instead

Aren't gaming laptops the only ones that use a dedicated GPU?
If that's something you need then you probably don't have much in the way of options.

I work at a university chair that uses GPUs for neural networks / machine learning. It's true that useable hardware tends to be towards the 2000 Euro mark. Some students spend 1000 Euros and think they can run their OpenCL programs on that. Well, they can, but it's no fun. It is however enough for gaming at low settings.
I think currently laptops with dedicated NVidia GPU start around 700 Euros, and for around 1500 you can get something quite good. Our chair spent 2600 on our Razer Blade. The more demanding stuff has to run on a PC (i7, GTX1080Ti) or on the GPU server down in the basement anyway.

cleaning wipes won't get rid of the shit inside of your device, user. unless you're using something with no vents and very little io, your machine will, by design, aspirate shit particles every time you bring it into bathroom no matter what.

even if it seems inconsequential now, it will build up over time. ever been to a smoker's home? ever borrowed anything from a smoker? if you want to get rid of that stuff you have to open it up and clean the internals, and even then you might not be completely off the hook.

Attached: Oz.webm (480x360, 1.19M)

> bringing anything more than a plain netbook or your phone to the shitter
Please be reasonable.

No, soon there'll be 2xxx graphics cards. Just wait a few months.

I never understood this shit. Why do people feel like they need to spend a long time in the shitter? I literally go in, push out a nice solid turd and go about my business. Takes like 10-20 seconds at max. Is it bad diet?

Workstation laptops like Thinkpad P52 and Dell Precision use Quadros.

Cuz it's relaxing. The act of shitting is quick but then you wanna sit there and read some articles or do something else to waste time for a bit. Also you shouldn't not be in and out, it implies you cannot clean your ass properly, which by the sound of it you probably don't

Cleaning your ass is not part of the shitting process in this scenario, since it's not like you're gonna be using a laptop or whatever smartshit device while wiping your asshole. I was only talking about the actual sitting down and dumping a load process.
I take 2x as much time wiping as I do actually shitting.

I bought a chink laptop/tablet hybrid, and then i realized that i never used it. I have a desktop with a large screen, and a phone for when I'm on the go.

Depending on the poop fiber is rly bad and can make it hurt more.