Is there any reason in particular for the existence of these keys?

Is there any reason in particular for the existence of these keys?

Attached: keyboard.jpg (1500x614, 403K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_SysRq_key
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Absolutely none, they're all legacy.

Print screen is for making screenshots. I use it all the time. On Windows, you can use alt+printscreen to snap only the currently active window.
Pause/break pauses your currently active terminal. This works even during boot, so if something goes wrong, you can use pause/break to stop the boot sequence and read everything going on.
Scroll lock prevents scrolling. Not a clue why this is useful, but it probably is.

Attached: 1520159036779.jpg (405x443, 23K)

>Scroll lock prevents scrolling
Does any modern software even support Scroll Lock anymore? I always figured it was a holdover from before windowed terminals became the norm.

>Scroll lock prevents scrolling. Not a clue why this is useful, but it probably is.
If you use a spreadsheet it is.

You seem to not know what avatarposting entails. Would you mind pointing to where else I posted Morgana?

Attached: 1499449150729.jpg (1080x1080, 799K)

on your gaydom loving anime websites

You are on an anime website, user.

Attached: 56e15f04dd0e4c75a2c3e577e942210c8c9a392d_hq.jpg (1024x576, 35K)

both new and cancerous anime-poster

>still falls for it

an anime website that now has specific boards and please kindly screw off.

you can't be that retarded online :^)

SysRq is mostly used for this:
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_SysRq_key

I never use it, but it's pretty comforting to know that such low-level power is at your fingertips if you ever need it.

Google it, they do things that may or may not be useful nowadays.
In general, keyboards don't remove them because the reasons to remove them are even fewer than the reasons to keep them

That's pretty neat!

I use scroll lock and pause/break as my Spotify Next Song and Discord Toggle Mute keys because they're literally useless. Consider them extra function keys that don't overload anything else in any app, ever, and use them as you please.

L E G A C Y

>implying this isn't the internet complaint exchange

Attached: le-wat.jpg (926x926, 88K)

Legacy software still uses it frequently.
They can't remove them from shitbox office keyboards because it could make them not able to be used for office tasks. Thus, they stay around forever because people still use accounting software from the 80's.

My VAIO Pro 11 ultrabook from 2013 still has them for some reason

I'm pretty sure Excell has some uses with it

>Does any modern software even support Scroll Lock anymore?
Every terminal emulator.

Mine doesn't gottem

Attached: Screenshot_20180820-112043_Chrome.jpg (1426x639, 233K)

Plenty of tools use Pause/Break, Print Screen prints the screen, but Scroll Lock is pure legacy.

You sound like a windows used.