/spg/ - Smartphone General

BlackBerry Key2 Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: gsmarena_001.jpg (728x455, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

android.com/certified/
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-note-5-global-64gb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Anyone with experience of skin wraps?

I want one for protection when I'm not using the case.
I'm using the otterbox defender, worried it won't fit with a wrap on.

Any good cases for A5 2015?

thoughts on the s9? personally its for me but I want your opinions

Attached: 1531417900827.jpg (1000x1000, 1.35M)

just traded my iPhone 6s for a Pixel 2
how'd I do Jow Forums

nice digits

Attached: 1529303742473.gif (350x255, 1.78M)

XA2, XA2 Ultra, or the A8?

pretty good, battery life should be better, software updates for at least another year, you coukd have done a lot worse

I heard it lags a bit a few months in. Is this the case?

is lg v20 still worth ?
> friend offering unused lg v20 for $200
> country : india

where do i get the kino quality low priced phones, low priced being within like $30-80, i want to have another phone as a burner phone and get like mint mobile for a cheap plan but i dont want it to be completely unusuable

Find a device which won't inevitably bootloop.

Can someone recommend me a ROM for Huawei Y520-U03? I read that it could be more unlaggy

Attached: nel1.jpg (640x480, 29K)

nah bro, get the Nokia X5 or the X6/6.1 Plus

you're gonna have to either go used or spend a little more and get a LeEco Le S3 or Le Pro 3, anything else around that price range is going to be utter shit man

No that's the phone

mi a2 32gb, galaxy a8 2018 or lg g6? they cost roughly the same here, though the latter is used.

Good brand tempered glass for xaomemes?

Attached: 1509138399528.jpg (429x600, 43K)

I woukd say G6 if it was only lightly used, other wise Mi A2 with an OTG drive for extra storage

is the freetel musashi worth it for the flip phone capabilities? does it have decent battery life?

LG G6 worth installing unofficial lineage on?
Everything seems to point in the direction that it's quite unstable.
Any alternatives?

I doubt you'll find someone here with that phone. Generally you can get a silicone mask, thicker the better or a hard case with a flip cover.
My friend bought one a few weeks ago, he loves it and the phone feels premium as fuck, the two downsides he reports are the lack of the second camera (main one is amazing though, especially for night shots) and horrible battery life.
Y-series Huaweis usually have great community support, but the one you posted seems to be running on Mediatek, and the few roms I've found in a quick search all have massive issues.
G6 if it isn't used too much, otherwise if possible Redmi note 5 64gb over the A2

the note 5 is sold out by the store, and the non-black variants look like shit.
the g6 looks good on the photos, so maybe that will be the one. though the a2 is brand new and that's a plus.

Are xiaomeme cameras good or should I go somewhere else for that

You shouldn't look at anything lower than the Redmi Note 5 with Gcam.

also consider that since it's new and it's an Android One phone, it will definitely get more updates and software support compared to the G6, although the G6 does have good developer support
ultimately I'd go A2 with an OTG like i said earlier

Im looking for a smaller phone. Currently between the mi a2 lite, the galaxy j6, the s7 and the mi 8 se.
I'd get the mi 8 se but I'd prefer to have an sd card. Bands dont matter and price range under 300 eurobucks
What do you think lads?

Mi A2 Lite for sure, Android One should mean no chink spyware, plus the 625 is still a good SoC

I'd pick the SE myself the lack of the sd slot can be worked around but the S7 is also a solid option if you can get one that hasn't been used or has been used very lightly. Also I don't know what's the state of custom ROM support for it, could be a deal breaker. A2 lite lacks a bit in few areas, so it's not as future proof as it may seem and J6 is pure trash.

Well that 625 means no spyware if anything. It's only a matter of time until it gets more custom ROM support.

you don't really need custom ROM support when its Android One because thr ROMs are audited by Google
the issue is when you don't want Google spying on you and wish to use Magisk and MicroG

It's a 3000x1440 resolution running aon a microscopic system.
It wil always lag unless the dev specifically optimizes for it

and they haven't, even though they changed TouchJizz's name to Samsung Experience, it's still shit on good hardware

>massive issues
What about Cherry ROM ¿

>get a call
>pick up phone
>phone restarts
>try to check who called me
>doesn't show in my recent calls
that's it i'm getting a new fucking phone I am sick of this fucking galaxy s5

Attached: 1509825783597.jpg (593x601, 44K)

Looks like a scam

No mobile hw is good enough for resolutions that That's enthusiast tier on desktop, requiring a $700 gpu to run well.
Those resolutions are isiocy on phones, but they do allow for edlicious performance manipulation w. (((updates))) that makes you buy a new phone because the old one can't render 4k mobile ui anymore
fucking kill me

>S8 screen cracked cause I looked at it funny
S3 was the last good galaxy

i agree, its fucking pointless on a small screen like that, phones should be FHD/FHD+ at maximum, it requires stupid amounts of power from onboard GPUs, the only good thing i can say comes from this is that those same GPUs are used in 1080 phones and that helps performance with mobile gaming, but thats about it considering any chipset made today is capable of 1080 playback

So I own a Galaxy S6 Edge+ and just noticed there's no native option to add Notification Log to the home screen. Any apps I downloaded only show saved notification, not old ones.
I wanna see what a deleted Whatsapp message said, but I have no idea how.

I work with phone accessories and literally 7 out of 10 s7 edges or s8 phones I see are cracked.

Is an iphone 7 still worth?

Companies that make them will continue to do it though.
It allows them to ask for more $ and also tell you their retarded phone is better because of the display.
The best shit in new phones is fucking HDR
on a 6'' phone screen
Shit that's barely fully functional on $2k+ tvs

oh I'm aware that that's what they'll do because they always have to one up each other, competition and all that, the problem is that they're starting to hit a wall when it comes to innovation because what else is there to innovate on exceot battery performance, software and canera performance? most of the companies are shit at software and we're constantly dealing with subpar cameras performance even when premium sensors are used
can you even do HDR on anything less than a 1440 screen? I woukd hope it's possible on like a 1080 screen, but that also reminds me that they need to get better at AMOLED tech because burn-in in this day and age is completely retarded

I just ordered a dbrand skin for my iPhone X, we'll see how it is. I don't plan to use the full wrap though, just the back skin.

who here Galaxy Note 9 Master Race this Friday?

How do I see if someone is trying to connect to my wifi hotspot? I'm using an android smartphone with 4G connection as hotspot for internet from PC and today it's giving me a lot of lag, the ping tests I ran show almost 4000ms delay, yesterday it was 300ms at worst, someone is definitely trying to bruteforce the WPA, for now it shows only 1 mac address connected so I can't block them from the wifi settings.

Do you know any apps that can help me understand what's going on? the signals is 5 bars so that's not the issue, both from PC and 4G signals.

>audited by Google
>Google spying
Doesn't make much sense, does it? Also, source on Google auditing anything? I've never heard of this before.

How do the S4, S5, S6, and S7 compare?
Is there a bad egg in that bunch?
S7 is significantly more expensive than 4, 5, 6.

Anyone have an infographic or something guiding through Xiaomi Redmi purchase? There are several series, it is confusing to me. Which one for 150$?

Attached: IMG_20180820_023456.jpg (640x640, 40K)

You can do it on any screen.
It's about the backlight, contrast and color gamut.
You just won't notice it on a tiny screen.

I ordered 2 from slickwraps, 50% off.
I'll post results once I get the note 9.

android.com/certified/
>We provide hundreds of tests to ensure certified devices adhere to the Android security and permissions model and have software builds with recent security updates. Certified devices are also required to ship without pre-installed malware and include Google Play Protect, a suite of security features such as automatic virus scanning and Find My Device. This provides baseline protection against malware, privacy hacks and more.

I used to think like this, but I disagree now after using a 1080p screen phone for months then switching to a 1440p one. It's way sharper.

Anyway, are you all mentally retarded? You know that you CAN change the resolution on Samsung devices to 1080p, right?

then why is HDR the best new thing if you can't even notice it?

Oh, come on.

we weren't specifically talking about Samsung devices, just the way the industry jn general has been going, but that's nice to know even though I will never buy anither Samsung device after my history with them and their attitude in general towards their customers which was laid out to me by one od their reps when I asked why they don't provide timely updates to their phones
>We're in the vusiness of making money
ok bitch, but Apple provides years if support and they still sell a shit ton of phones so there goes that argument

Turns out their years of support was purposely crippling older phones so you'll buy a new one.

You're holding it wrong bro

you think google wants competition when it comes to spying on the users of Android One phones? come the fuck on now

it was never worth it

I wouldn't buy either unless I had a good deal on it.
Every phone should have the option to change resolution, specially because of battery drain issues. You can change it with root though.

not an iFag, but I used that as an example that they at least roll out newer software versions and security patches to their products/customers regardless of whether it cripples the phones
look at Nokia then, since they came back and have been participating in the Android One program, they're in the black, getting stronger, and selling a shit ton of phones, same thing with Xiaomi even though non-Android One phones have spyware built in, but their building their rep based on the fact that they also update MIUI on even older models, Samsung is just a shit company with a shitty business model

see

Apps no. Use wireshark from your PC to monitor what's going on with the hotspot. Also check there aren't any open networks around that your phone is trying to automatically connect to, that would cause the same kind of issues.
S6 was notoriously bad
>Which one for 150$?
Redmi note 5. It's called differently between the region, so when buying you want it to have the Snapdragon 636 chipset and dual AI camera. Make sure it has the network bands your service provider uses, you can check that on kimovil.com

Redmi Note 5
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-note-5-global-64gb

>on a tiny screen
It's wonderful on a monitor or a tv

Why was S6 considered notoriously bad? I just learned a few hours ago it doesn't have an external flash bay.

Should I wait for the Xiaomi mi mix 3? Or just fuck it and get the note 5/mi mix 2?

oh yeah I agree with you there, I just don't see a point with it on small screens, maybe tablets but not phones

>you think google wants competition when it comes to spying on the users of Android One phones? come the fuck on now
What are you even on about? That statement is about as trustworthy as Apple's spokesperson claiming the entirety of his company being oblivious to the PRISM project, back in 2013. Also, what "competition"? This isn't Rocky IV and USSR vs Russia.

companies want your information so THEY can sell it, they don't want competition in that it's Google's main business model where you are the product
what woukd Google gain by allowing OEM spyware like Adups on one of their Android One devices which are supposed to be secure and that's part of the draw to having one of thise devices? you're thinking too simply

Shit tier battery life. The battery is way too small for how power hungry the 1440p display is. Also no water resistance or expandable storage.

Abysmal battery life, much worse performance and build quality compared to the S7

Gonna buy Mi Mix 2, is 64 gb enough? Gonna get Deezer as a replacement to my mp3 320 kbs collection. How is battery? Is MIUI clean enough? Im on resurrection remix on redmi 4 Prime but dont want to install a rom instantly on a 370 euros device

It's coming really soon apparently, so wait

Should I get the essential phone or wait?

Do it. I just did.

The $224 deal is over, might as well wait now

S7 exynos here. Phone still holds up just as good as a brand new smartphone. 32gb sd with my whole library pn it too. Running unofficial lineage 15.1, once you disable "pixel setup" with bk pac.man., everything runs well. Feels native

On* and i meant to put music library baka

Redpill me on the rednote 6 pro

How is android go?

it doesn't exist yet

You redpill us, time traveler

Xiaomeme Redmi Note 5 with 6 GB RAM or the Nokia 7+? Which one is better to have in terms of longevity in the long run?

Attached: C52o-N8WUAAqrGd.jpg (1200x1173, 125K)

>what woukd Google gain by allowing OEM spyware like Adups on one of their Android One devices which are supposed to be secure and that's part of the draw to having one of thise devices? you're thinking too simply
These are all assumptions which are very hard for professional security researchers to confirm, forget an anonymous poster on Jow Forums. I am not simplyfying anything - Android One builds are still proprietary and in fact even OnePlus firmwares were compromised. Always doubt OEM firmwares.

>6.3" 1080p AMOLED
>3.5mm jack
>4200mAh
>4x 2.8GHz A76 + 4x A55
>40MP/20MP monochrome/8MP 3x zoom camera
>stereo speakers
>UD fingerprint reader
>wireless charging

looks great, shame about the bootloader

Attached: gsmarena_002.jpg (1024x682, 34K)

Blackberries are for work they said...
>432dpi allows for photorealistic LCD/CRT shaders
>full keyboard for mapping controller keys to
>3:2 aspect ratio is exactly that of two 4:3 stacked DS screens
Keyone/Keytwo is the ultimate emulation machine. You can't dispute this.

OnePlus isn't an Android One partner, they use their own fork of Android called Oxygen OS which is near stock, they are also a chinese OEM
Hpw is it an assumption when they bank on their reputation for security as a selling point? if you really think a multi billion dollar company like Google can't develop software that can detect Chinese Malware, you are extremely naive
>very hard for professional security researchers to confirm
you're kidding right? considering it was a security firm that discovered Adups siftware on Chinese phones, as well as on BLU devices, so that point is null

Performs just like the 8.

Oh fug

>if you really think a multi billion dollar company like Google can't develop software that can detect Chinese Malware, you are extremely naive
It could be true, but where are you even going with all this? Android One is still proprietary, which is a good enough reason for doubt. It seems like you've been successfully sold on the great Russia vs. America story and refuse to spill it out. It's just China in this case.

Will Xiaomi's Pocophone be available worldwide?

Damn, what phone should I get then? My v20 is giving me problems.

>My v20 is giving me problems
It will give you even more problems when it bootloops and when you don't have backups.

>It could be true, but where are you even going with all this? Android One is still proprietary, which is a good enough reason for doubt.
no shit it's proprietary, thats not the argument, thr argument was that devices certified under the Android One program, even those sold by Xiaomi, are not filled with the same spyware MIUI is littered with because Google's security services ENSURE that those devices don't come prepackaged with spyware like Adups, yes of course Google spies on you as I stated earlier, their business model ia based on YOU being the product, and in order for you to purchase said product, they have to ensure that no spyware, other than their own, is present on said devices, what are you not getting about this? Why would you think Google wouldn't take the necessary steps to ensure that all your data ia routed to them and not some shitty company in Beijing associated with the chinese communist party? They don't want the competition
>It seems like you've been successfully sold on the great Russia vs. America story and refuse to spill it out. It's just China in this case.
if thus is all you're getting from my argument then you are remarkably stupid and should stop posting immediately, I never looked at this from a nationalistic perspective, that's what YOU have been doing and implying I've been doing. All I've done is look at this from a business perspective, but since I doubt you've taken any business courses whatsoever, I shoukdn't be shocked by your lack of perspective

Yeah I've been looking for a replacement around 200

>even those sold by Xiaomi, are not filled with the same spyware MIUI is littered with because Google's security services ENSURE that those devices don't come prepackaged with spyware like Adups
I agree, but this took you two hours to write. Thanks for the insults, bye

Will the redmi note 5 work on a bell network? It said on the amazon page where I bought it it would. Just waiting for it to come in wednesday

don't let the door hit you on the way out brainlet