Why do normies believe Thinkpad brand is any different from your garden variety chinkshit like Acer...

Why do normies believe Thinkpad brand is any different from your garden variety chinkshit like Acer? Don't they know that IBM hasn't made a Thinkpad since the 90s?

Attached: 6134.jpg (550x413, 21K)

>t. poorfag who can't afford glorious ThinkPad

fpbp

Compare the Thinkpad keyboard to anything Acer has ever made.

/thread

Yea, I can do it. My Acer has a numpad while these shits don't.

>no trackpoint
>useless numpad
>useless touchpad
why are you proving his point

Like all things related to china, its because of the IP. Its true that chinkland has only made thinkpads marginally worse since purchasing, however the original IP was strong enough to withstand their meddling.

Thinkpad is not an IP, it's a brand. Right now the only connection between today's Thinkpad and the IBM Thinkpad is some vague resemblances in design.
However the brand is strong enough to continue to fool people into thinking that Thinkpad name means anything. Cf. retards who think Thinkpads today have good keyboards.

>since the 90s
this makes the bait the weak bait

sorry, the 70s.

This.
The only acceptable, above average keyboards are those on the Apple Macbook Pro with Retina Displays.

>IBM doesnt patent everything it makes
being this new

Name a laptop with a better keyboard than my T440s

I'm still waiting.

>while these shits don't.
bait harder nigga

Attached: serveimage.jpg (4437x2491, 2.13M)

w700

Attached: serveimage.jpg (881x737, 126K)

>ESC above F1
meme keyboard layout

>no media buttons
a cheap generic chinkshit laptop with media buttons

please be bait

>IBM can patent excellence in manufacturing and skill
You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

Actually you are very stupid.

IBM has 1350 patents assigned to it under "Thinkpad". They have patents on the type of foam used inside the plastic case to dampen fan noise. They have patents on the type of plastic composition used to reduce heat conduction while providing rigidity. Your little red eraser pointer is also obviously a patent.

The power of branding. Also some Lenovo ThinkPads were still fine while they were using 16:10 screens.

Hipsters that derive their identity on the shit they purchase, truly pathetic.

So you just use it as a Facebag machine while blasting 96Kbps MP3s out of the tinny internal speakers? Back to with you.

>his laptop doesn't have headphone output
Are you sure you're not just a fucking mactard?

They don’t realize it’s Lenovo garbage made by Chinese and littered by hardware backdoors lol

Attached: 3F309310-7734-47FE-85C9-642B67CD52C2.png (915x678, 386K)

it's b/c the poorfag NEETS love them. Any self-respecting man would just buy an elitebook and call it a day.

This thread makes me happy that people on Jow Forums are finally catching on the lenovoshills.

First the X200 was fine, then the goalposts kept moving, now it's the X260 that's a good enough buy.

zoomer detected

Why do thinkpads look so ugly?

ok

Thinkpads are made by Wistron.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-08-21 List of laptop brands and manufacturers - Wikipedia.png (1636x398, 59K)

Which is still chinese communist party company, NEETs have no understanding what communism is, every single company and business in china belongs to the Chinese communists, so everything they make has backdoors stupid

>tfw chad THICC MSI GAMING LAPTOP with 6 usb 3.0 ports, heaphone, microphone, line in, line out audio jacks, numpad, and GSYNC display. Also FOUR m.2 ssd slots
>Spent $2300 right before 1080 laptops came out just because I wanted to take it to my bros place ez
>980m hot garbage but just werks
Shame is for cucks and FAGGOTS

Attached: 7d5b573829dc7ec12dff68a865f9651f_XL.jpg (750x563, 180K)

That info it's incomplete
> I have a Pegatron mobo on my HP prebuilt

>actually using the escape key instead of remapping it to caps lock
Do you have brain damage

I have the 32gb ram model

i regret nothing

Because they have the toughest build quality of any laptop.

They have the best Linux support of any laptop.

They have the trackpoint which is superior to any touchpad.

They have the best keyboards of any laptop.

They have swapable components and many options for customisation including extended batteries.

But really if you don't like them then don't get one you fucking gay cunt.

HP is such a slut

Never recommended anything above an x220. Still happily using an x200 to this day. Goal post never moved, the meme just got too popular, inviting kiddies who want muh performance, when an t60 still gets the job done

> Using caps lock

Looks like you're the one with brain damage

This was the shit, best Thinkpad ever but sadly not suitable for modern use.

Price: 4000 - 5000 dollars

It's from 2003.

CPU: 2GHz Pentium 4 mobile
(cpu is unusable in these days, at least for internet usage)

RAM: 1GB DDR1
(memory size isn't enough for the internet)

HDD: 60GB PATA HDD
(this is very bad in terms of speed if used for modern linux and EXT4 but its perfect for Windows XP)

What could you do with such a computer today?

Run Win98/2000/XP, play games from that era.
Or use Windows productivity softwares of that era. Don't fall for the meme that all software is outdated if its 15 years old and you can't share files with modern software and people using modern software. You dont need internet with a computer you use for creativity.

You can still write perfectly with 15 year old quality Word Processor and print the results with your 15 year old printer and you will have a hard copy of your efforts, no internet required.

You can still make music with 15 year old commercial, best of its own era, software.

You can make 2D graphics with A31p even today and its not even going to be bad graphics, use Photoshop CS3 with Windows XP, you already have a perfect Thinkpad A31p Flexview screen with 1600x1200 resolution and very great color output.

Of course you can also use it to print labels for label printer to stick to post cards or something, you can burn CD's if there is any usage for CD's in these days.

One last thing: A31p contains quality ANALOG video capture device built in. Just feed it an s-video signal (it will autodetect PAL/SECAM/NTSC and use Windows XP movie maker as a capture software, WinXP has the driver built in for this philips device, no other known operating system will support it though)

Attached: a31p.jpg (1376x1271, 171K)

This. My friend works in DoD. He said they replaced their Lenovos because of security concerns.

So are Dell

Running your own botnet in-house with HP is fine then?

acer travelmates are subpar
for 12'' used lappies with a reasonable price/performance ratio (the x220 era) you can choose from elitebooks, bussiness dells and thinkpads and the thinkpad wins because it trackpoint

Jow Forums DoD

>doesn't use caps lock
>hasn't remapped the caps lock key
Literally why

Number pads are stupid on laptops. Don't be retarded.

>Run Win98/2000/XP, play games from that era.
Fuck off, wangtard gamer faggot.

they are cultists idiots who buy them because they fell for shills on Jow Forums

they havent built decent hardware in a decade

las acceptable thinkpad keyboard was on the xx20 series

>Why do normies believe Thinkpad brand is any different from your garden variety chinkshit like Acer?
Because they had a ThinkPad in their hand...

>Don't they know that IBM hasn't made a Thinkpad since the 90s?
The "Lenovo" clear to see.

>My Acer has a numpad while these shits don't.
Yes. A device without a numpad has no numpad.
Buy a ThinkPad with that useless garbage if you want it...

Enjoy typing sideways, faget.

>thinkpads are literally acer hardware
you can't make this shit up. yet the cultists will keep buying this shit

I'd accept them if manufacturers didn't always put the fucking trackpad off-centre.

it would run something like puppy linux fast as fuck

I love shit laptops.

Attached: IMG_20180821_150346.jpg (3840x2160, 2.95M)

I've bought an x220 last year

>one day, i took it apart to clean it
>put it back again
>wifi doesn't work
>apparently the pci pins bent
>WTF, I didn't force it in or anything
>fuck this, leave computer in a shelf for a few months
>yesterday, grab computer, turned it on
>keyboard presses random keys while typing
>didn't hit it or anything

HURRR THINKPAD STRONK GUISE

Yeah, maybe the old models.

dude, there's two mpcie slots. also you probably spilled mountain dew and a key got sticky and stuck

At this point chinkpads have been surpassed by the likes of Acer.

My thinkpad isn't an overheating, impossible to maintain piece of shit made from 1 cent Chinese toys
The acer it replaced was
>t. T430 with the dgpu

I'm not an accountant
And yes they do

Laptop only /v/ nigger trying hard to justify his overheating acer that throttles while booting

Except there are? Are you legitimately suffering from brain damage?

I gave multiple non gaming alternatives as to what to do with such a computer, you imbecile

>a good keyboard is defined by *media buttons*
wow

lmao no we have a bunch of W-series that we love.
MAJCOM just did a tech refresh and bought a bunch of probooks, the things have fucking awful keyboards and are just overall shit

The 2013 mbp that I'm posting this from :-)

That stupid chiclet without key travel? Get off this board you belong somewhere else

I see you're a below average typist. Oh well.

>i7 x240 literally only cost $250
>good mix of portable + durable
>excellent linux support
>decent keyboard
>supports dock
>giant battery gives like 10 hrs of usage

My buddy's Acer, at a similar price point, features shit brittle plastic design, PENTIUM processor, and horrendous keyboard.

Used thinkpads offer good quality and performance at very low prices.

>My thinkpad isn't an overheating, impossible to maintain piece of shit made from 1 cent Chinese toys
the delusion is strong with this one.

Seething is strong with this one
And fourth degree burns on his lap

Did a Thinkpad steal your bf or something?
Buy a cheap one off of eBay and try it. You might end up liking it :^)

60 screws until you can see the heatsink on an acer vs literally 8 screws for a T430 for the entire thing
Damage control more Chang

>falling for the bait
Sorry I don't like ipads

>Damage control more Chang
Erm, you do realize Thinkpad is a chink brand, right? If anything people who shill it are most likely to be changs and chongs.

WiFi card doesn't work in the other port. The keyboard is clean.

You may be the victim of counterfeiting. Insist on genuine Thinkpad products with

Integrated
BIOS
Mallard

Technology

Attached: 9704ea4e-fcb3-4366-b7d7-ae1b972da581..jpg (440x360, 7K)

Sure but one brand is creaky irredeemable chinkshit and the other one is a chink brand trying to maintain what a western company left for them to make okay products in the long term

You don't need to shill a good product

>buying lenovo products

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-08-21 at 6.18.33 PM.png (1748x974, 263K)

The Apple Macbook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

>Break thing
>Complain that it is broken
No sweetie, nobody claimed that Thinkpad are "idiot who destroys his computer, by taking it apart without any clue what to do" proof.

If you buy them second-hand Lenovo doesn't get money from it. If you install Linux on it you're clean from their spywares. This doesn't excuse what Lenovo did but these things don't affect Jow Forumsentlemen.

I wish I could find a better laptop than X230 IPS but I just don't know which one it could be.

X230 FHD?
T430 WQHD?
X220 IPS?

First of all: Acer is dutch

Personally I prefer TPs because you can actually repair almost anything by yourself.

From what I understand the X230 cannot have FHD IPS without soldering an extra chip onto the motherboard that uses the dock's GPU lanes. I had a T430 but I just sold it, I like the X230 more. X220 IPS would have a nicer keyboard but otherwise it isn't really better as the CPU isn't as power efficient. If I'm upgrading from my current laptop I'm not going backwards. It should be newer but still better.

The x230 and t430 with fhd IPS are memes

The chink converters have been known to cause flickering

Just get a t440p if you're going to spend that money anyway, the panel swap takes 5 minutes.