THANK YOU BASED NVIDIA

THANK YOU BASED NVIDIA

Attached: DlDnNUUU4AE9law.jpg (540x800, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/directx/2018/03/19/announcing-microsoft-directx-raytracing/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>meanwhile at AMD

Attached: IR-side-card-RX-Vega64-.jpg (330x399, 68K)

xd

Finally the reference looks good. Hope the aftermarket clones it.

>$1000
>no current game benchmark comparisons
>compare cards on made up RTX-OPS
>fanboys will still eat it up

>$1000

Attached: AR9vKWBEGe5SxhP8.jpg (1288x605, 79K)

their cpu's are still amazing.the dream situation would be amd processors with nvidia video cards and intel dead and buried in the ground

link? want to see if I preorder de 2070

Why do they call it the 2070?
Because that's the year that the fucking prices will finally become reasonable

are those a pair of speakers

reasonable.
the 2070 nonchalantly got bumped into xx80 prices.
500 dollars for the third card in the line up.
Only retards can't see.

$499-599 (nvidia lied about the $499) for an GTX1080Ti is fucking nice.

according to wikipedia
gtx 1080ti msrp was 699
gtx 1080 was 549
gtx 1070 was 379

now
rtx 2080ti for 999 -- 1000usd
rtx 2080 for 699 -- 700usd
rtx 2070 for 499 -- 500usd

breaking those ones really makes one put it into a better perspective. This was a 200 price hike accross the entire product stack.

make that

rtx 2080ti for 1200usd
rtx 2080 for 800usd
rtx 2070 for 600usd

This is just absurd. A 2070 is 20% more expensive than a 1080 right now, with only 17% better performance

No one's forcing you to buy it, bitch nigger.

>implying any person with a brain actually buys founders editions

oh, yeah. the AIB prices;
and it seems the hype is real high with this new series they'll command a hefty premium.

do you know why the 20k quadros were included atop their first pricing slide? That's a fucking sale technique, to make the 999 look like a bargain. Unironically the oldest trick in the book.

NOOOOOOO!!! THE 2070 IS FASTER THAN THE TITAN XP!!!!!!! IT'S LITERALLY CONFIRMED!!

When is the nda for reviews?
I was udner they would be up today but it looks like today was just the announcement. (Technically another paper launch).

oh wait.
something fishy with the obsolete pricing slides.

Attached: 1534790605304.png (670x828, 129K)

why don't they make first-party water cooler blocks for these?

Wait so they're launching the Ti model right from the word go? Didn't Nvidia usually just chill out and wait for AMD to launch something relatively competitive before slapping them down with their Ti model. (i.e. their cut down Titan).

As someone on a 980Ti and 60HZ 1440p, would the 2080Ti be a good choice?

massive overkill with 1440p 60hz

Yea I know but for instance my 980Ti chokes a little with all the bells/whistles turned way up. So basically I'm looking for a card that will do 60FPS at 1440p ultra for quite some time. Especially in games like WoW I see dips as low as 39FPS.

Sure, just wait for benchmarks first

What does the chink runes read?

June 4th edition?

>wait for AMD to launch something relatively competitive
AMD dropped out of the high-end market for a while now. They don't plan to compete in it for a long time.

How much will current gpu prices fall? I've been on a 960 for years now and I wanna get something like a 1070.
Curious what I could get for $250-350

another fishy thing.
there was no direct comparison against the gtx's in gaming. I do fully agree that Ray Tracing is the holy grail for next generation graphics, but I also don't think they'll become ubiquitous overnight, yes there were 30ish titles for upcoming games with some form of it, but even so, we will still be playing many games that won't and can't be patched with the new stuff. And I believe that this was the only presentation, be it from Nvidia or AMD, that we didn't see a direct comparison of the new cards on at least one triple A older title that everyone can relate to and make educated guesses.

>meanwhile at Nvidia

Attached: aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9HL1EvNjA5NzIyL29yaWdpbmFsLzAzLUlSLUZ1cm1hcmsucG5n.jpg (355x307, 32K)

F U C K

can't wait to hook those badboyz up to my KryptoRig for some badazz bitcoins laddies......

>build hype for new unprecedented stuff, and impossible to benchmark against, for 30 days.
>grab the goyim by the balls crashing their site on pre-orders.
>reviews came out on the september 20th and the cards are -5% to +5% perf increase on popular titles.
>r&d costs for 10 years of ray tracing research covered fully in under one month -- with undelivered goods to boot.

2070 is faster than a titan xp/gtx 1080ti
that's why

The fall will be negligible considering this disappointing announcement. I'd say early next year when the new line is up and going we could see a slight decline in the 10 series. That could all change when we see REAL benchmarks and comparisons though.

>in ray tracing.
watch the semantics carefully, Jensen knows how to play with words quite eloquently.

Showcase was good but I still have to reserve hype until after Sept. 20.

you should be more explicit.
benchmarks without ray tracing shenanigans. on games that are a staple of benchmarking suites and that we are already currently playing.

Rotterdam looked awfull. Muddy textures all over the place. Look at the fire animation.

So no meaningful VR improvement huh.

Good goddamn luck 8k headset developers.

I'll still buy a Ti unless rumors appear that they're moving to 7nm next year already.

yeah I did notice that antialiasing doesn't seem to work very well with RT. Or maybe it was the upscaled low pixel density of the presentation monitor. Kinda hard to believe that Nvidia would cheap out on the display used to showcase their brand new toys, but we've seen many oversights such as this before. So I'm not really sure.

BASED!!!!

Attached: benjamin-netanyahu.jpg (968x681, 43K)

oh that fire right by the first tank looked like it made of cardboards. maybe it's the nature of area light inherent to Ray Tracing techniques? Adding volume and density to light sources might be a challenge they're only starting to figure out.

You litterally have to be retarded to buy a amd gpu
has nothing positive over nvidia

variable rate shading

Fucking based? Leather jackets for the win amirite, goys?

it also looked like that more than 2/3rds of die space was used for the tensor cores (highlighted to the right, upper portion) and Ray Tracing cores (highlighted to the left, upper portion) leaving the bottom portion for the cuda cores (that appeared to have less total square footage than either of the other cores).

OMG a new GPU! Quick every sell all your 2 month old hardware and buy it, like the autists that you are

...there's a tradeoff
RT cores can't do pixel shading but compute engines can do Ray Tracing

>You may have noticed that DXR does not introduce a new GPU engine to go alongside DX12’s existing Graphics and Compute engines. This is intentional – DXR workloads can be run on either of DX12’s existing engines. The primary reason for this is that, fundamentally, DXR is a compute-like workload. It does not require complex state such as output merger blend modes or input assembler vertex layouts. A secondary reason, however, is that representing DXR as a compute-like workload is aligned to what we see as the future of graphics, namely that hardware will be increasingly general-purpose, and eventually most fixed-function units will be replaced by HLSL code. The design of the raytracing pipeline state exemplifies this shift through its name and design in the API. With DX12, the traditional approach would have been to create a new >CreateRaytracingPipelineState method. Instead, we decided to go with a much more generic and flexible CreateStateObject method. It is designed to be adaptable so that in addition to Raytracing, it can eventually be used to create Graphics and Compute pipeline states, as well as any future pipeline designs.
blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/directx/2018/03/19/announcing-microsoft-directx-raytracing/

>60c is the highest temp on the card
It's literally nothing?

>tfw a Vega will obliterate a GTX Pascal in Ray Tracing

Attached: c353539eaa.png (646x554, 616K)

Most burgers probably can't into celsius.

tensor cores do everything cuda cores do.