Tfw my gtx 1070 that i bought just 2 years ago at $400 is now a fucking pile of garbage

>tfw my gtx 1070 that i bought just 2 years ago at $400 is now a fucking pile of garbage

Attached: 1496489455527.jpg (619x453, 28K)

I'll take it if you don't want it.

dont buy mid range next time then

Yeah i'm not upgrading my pc ever again, this time i'll stick to consoles.

Don't be sad, user. Nvidia wants you to buy their new video cards and expect you to pay up every two years!

The consoles determine the graphical performance of most video games and they lack fancy new graphic cards until the next generation.

The 2070 isn't going to be much, if any faster in non-ray tracing workloads. Why do you think that Nvidia showed zero performance numbers in regular games?

did you see that flame in BFV? my guess is they downgraded the flame cuz it would lag at max settings

Attached: ded.png (1109x675, 552K)

It's still fantastic, you're much better off than the cunts who bought a 970. I'm not buying a new GPU for a few more years.

it has 20% more cores and 75% more memory bandwidth do you really believe that

I still use a 750 Ti. What the fuck are you complaining about?

I-it's not fair bros what will I ever do without raytracing??? All the cool kids in the neighborhood are making fun of me because their shadows are slightly blurrier!

Using a MSI GTX 1080 and probably gonna get the RTX 2070 or 2080

The 2070 is $499. Any chance the Xbox Two could have a 2070 and the console be $599?

>b-b-based n-nvidia will release 2080 ti at $500. and 2060 for $300! H-hah! You'll see!
/v/tards absolutely btfo.

>$400 hardware obsolete in 2 years
I don't believe it, I'm still using a Thinkpad x220 and PS4 and it doesn't feel obsolete at all. You're being lied to.

you are pretending to be stupid
that's a very small upgrade unless you're into ray tracing I wouldn't bother
next gen consoles are all amd again
nobody thought either of those things

planned obsolesence.
you vote with your wallet.

What I KNOW is that Nvidia didn't show any performance numbers. If it's way faster than the 1070, why not crow about that fact? Comparing core counts between architectures is fucking retarded. The 780 also has 20% more cores (and more memory bandwidth) than the 1070. Does that make it faster? We know nothing about how Turing's cores stack up against Pascal's, and Nvidia's focus seems to be entire on shoving extra hardware onto the die for ray tracing.

I guarantee that the 2070 will not be much faster than the 1070 in non-"RTX" loads. Screencap this.

I bet consoles would get raytracing ASICs at best and there would be too much competition at making them in the following years.

You are so fucking stupid it hurts.

>is now a fucking pile of garbage
In what regard? Seems fine to me.

Im still not going to upgrade my meme70, which only costed 330 by the way.

>nobody thought either of those things

Maybe not, but I didn't see anyone predict prices as preposterously high as what Nvidia is asking.

Name 1 piece of technology that isnt made to be obsolete in the future

this
now we officially pay double for midrange cards
well done nvidia

Xbox 2 is gonna have a custom ryzen apu with gddr5x/6 and hopefully 7nm

Meanwhile my 6950 (unlocked to 6970 with a custom bios) will get 8 years old this december, and it not only made its price back twice over, but it's still capable of playing modern games at acceptable framerates. Yeah, I have to run them at low settings, but something like Wolfenstein ran at 60fps in 1080p.

The Z80 or 68000

FYI the ps4 is a piece of garbage compared to the 1070 you have.

Wrong

1070 is clocked almost twice as high as the 780
1070 is very bandwidth starved
2070 clocks the same as the 1070 and the tflops number they gave for gt102 fits almost no IPC change
worst case it's 20% gain screencap this

Yeah, people thought it would be called 1180 and cost $1180, but it looks like we were only half right.

Anything not made by Apple.

Except both pieces of technology continue to be used today?

I wish AMD weren't dead. Nvidia has total domination now. These cards are going to sell out for the first month+ and you know it.

Pentium 4 are still used today

brainlets /v/edditors preordering the new cards will inevitably come crying about how their fancy new RTX(tm) gpu doesn't perform as well as they hoped in raster.

enjoy your reflective eyeballs

If you are playing at 1080p 60fps you literally don't need anything more

Yeah I'm a bit worried that they didn't show any performance. Not a good sign.

Satan doesn't lie, folks. I mean, he lies, but not this time.

Also you might add the 6502 there.

the z80 and 68k are both still used as embedded hardware, the 68k even has a modern variant called Dragonball that powered PDAs in the early 00s. That's 20+ year old lifespan right there.

The 6502 was launched in 1976 or so, and sold hundreds of millions in the C64, NES and SNES alone (SNES used a 16bit variant), not counting embedded systems that still use it. That's also 20+ year old lifespan.

same here
usually after these keynotes I always had a feeling about what to expect in terms of performance, at least compared to the last generation
but this time for the first time they gave us absolutely nothing
that can't be too good of a sign

>but it's still capable of playing modern games at acceptable framerates.
whats that? 20?

What? I have a 1070 and it runs everything just fine.

Wolfenstein New World Order runs solid 60fps on low. I can pump up the graphics a lot and play it at 30fps, but the game is bugged as fuck and every voiceover gets out of sync if the game isn't running at 60fps.

Ryse: Son of Rome (best looking game I've ever played) runs fine too, but I have to lower the resolution for that one a lot for smooth frames. I've been meaning to re-play this with a new card, but even the shittiest midrange cards cost €500 for the past four years.

>Ryse: Son of Rome (best looking game I've ever played)
Are you meme'in me?

Just imagine it's a 2060 since that's what it will rebranded as

I'm still on a HD7970 bro
Is it time to go in on RTX2070?

AMD CPUs and Graphics cards :)

>still have my old trusty GTX760
>Will skip this generation entirely because there's absolutely nothing to play

My R9 380 is going strong.

According to specs, the 2070 should be at least 15% faster than the 1070 in non-ray tracing workloads and costs 30% more. The difference will be greater because of memory bandwidth but even if it is 40-50% you've been using your 1070 for two years now.

These prices are fucking insane.

Lol, fag. I literally only have an i5-6600 and its integrated graphics literally perform at the same level as the ATI 4870 I had before that, minus the energy drain, heat and racket, and I can play pretty much every single game I want with it.

>forced to upgrade consoles yearly
>can't play old games
I have a gtx 760 and play every new game just fine. And when I don't want to be a toddler I also run a ryzen 1700X for real work.

good idea. PC is trash anyway

yeah faggot. entry or enthusiast. never do mid-range

Sure thing buddy. Let's just conveniently forget about all those shills shitposting about "muh 300 bucks 2060 will btfo ayymd".

Kek same card I have

this, fuck our lives all those stupid console niggers ruined pc gaming forever

Wtf is wrong with a 1070? It isn't as good as a 1080ti but it's still a strong card.

>bought 1070ti at the end of last year
>only games it wont play at 1440p ultra setting is DE:MD and nier automata at 55fps
If you play at 1080p a 1070 will still run everything on ultra settings@60fps

Attached: 1534362520703.jpg (812x850, 489K)

where I live the 1070 ti it's almost at the same price as an 1080 ti

I just bought a new one and plan to use it for 3-4 years...

based and redpilled

Founders edition still sell for msrp if you dont mind a little noise

>1070
>mid range

Attached: retarded-children-can-be-helped.jpg (1100x847, 332K)

People still target a paltry 60fps?

why does sad apu make me sad

Attached: helpmin.png (251x211, 72K)

90% of the games i play are dark souls so yes

GeForce GT 1030
GeForce GTX 1050
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
GeForce GTX 1060
High-end GeForce GTX 1070
GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
GeForce GTX 1080
GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
Nvidia Titan X
Nvidia Titan Xp

The 1070 is right in the middle of the 10 series you retard, that's what mid range means. 10 cards and the 1070 is at number 5. Of course it's/was a fucking mid rage card.
>the state of Jow Forums in 2018

Attached: 1529721233651.jpg (1275x1076, 328K)

The wheel

Attached: 1200-516323614-stone-wheels.jpg (1200x800, 236K)

>forced to upgrade consoles yearly
who actually believes this? xbone/ps4 launch was like half a decade ago and it's still going fairly strong, before that the previous consoles lasted like 8 years

>using an old power hogging shit card to game at low settings
just sell it and get a 1060 retard. Only a piece of shit with horrible vision can have at low settings and enjoy it. Do you also enjoy the shit frames you get?

>Tomb Raider 3
>Metro Exodus
>Serious Sam
>Doom Eternal

I bought a founders gtx1080 m8 and am still running a 6700 and 16gb ram.

my nigger

>>forced to upgrade consoles yearly
My little user can't be this cute

Attached: 1533228392235.gif (500x545, 263K)

i'm still using a 750 ti, i just wanted to share that

I might agree with the rest of that list but Nu-Tomb Raider is shit and I'm not into the new Doom games

Attached: poorfagstation.png (888x662, 676K)

FUCK YOU, YOU PIECE OF SHIT

TR3 is great, kys contrarian.

kys

btw is that rosé wine on the left?

560ti here

2013 Tomb Raider and the stupid constant fucking QTE and Ubisoft-tier gamedesign made me swear off the rest of the franchise
Boy was I fucking disappointed

Yes
t. French homo

Yes let's call good games shit and play weebshit like Persona and JRPGs by the dozen

2060 when?

Nice, I too love the taste of it.

>smokes
faggot.

Don't bully
After next pack I'll stop I fucking promise

Decent b8 but you forgot Assassin's Creed 21: the Odyssey

Henlo fellow French homo, good wine taste but too bad you smoke.

Smoking while drinking wine is Nirvana-tier you ignorant slut

Attached: 1378046607116.jpg (214x252, 39K)

Even I know Creed is absolute shit. Instead of improving the gameplay they add lgbt romance shit. Not even mentioning CoD or BF, can't decide which one is shittier this time, usually it's always CoD.

You're fine, just wait for the next gen, just because everyone in Jow Forums is saying they're going to upgrade (even though they aren't because they're still running i5-6600Ks) doesn't mean you have to. The 1070 will perform great for another 2 years, when brands release big step ups they literally have to wait for software to catch up to the hardware.

If you manage to live until the next pack, how do your lungs feel? Is jogging a hard task?

This might be the dumbest post I've ever seen, congrats bud

The lungs feel heavy when I wake up then alright the rest of the day
Jogging is alright too but for too long it makes my throat burn and makes me wheeze and cough
That's the price you have to pay to be the office's cool smoker guy tho

I promise you, there isn't a single person in your office who finds you cool because you smoke. You're not in a 1980s high school.

First off, joke on you I don't have a job
Secondly do I have to go full on redditor mode and add a "/s" at the end of overly obvious ironic phrases to to mâke sure the autists who dwell in Jow Forums understand what I mean
To conclude why the fuck has the thread about a new range of graphic cards derived toward my gay fucking life

Attached: Moot Business Meetings.jpg (668x486, 38K)

I kinda guessed it was sarcasm, but I wasn't sure, so I kept going with it.