What do you do with your old devices when you upgrade?

What do you do with your old devices when you upgrade?

Attached: NexusS.png (600x800, 260K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time-based_One-time_Password_algorithm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Throw them away. I don't "upgrade" until my shit breaks.

Usually break open the battery and throw it in the lake

Make it into a webcam.

Recycle it at a tech waste facility

Keep one as a backup, gift the others to members of the family.

I completely obliterate it. Can't have GLOW IN THE DARK CIANIGGERS invading my privacy.

based and redpilled

This

I still using my first android phone, an moto g falcon.
Why i need to upgrade?

Consider suicide no matter if it's bait or not.

Sell it for almost as much as I bought the new one for.

I can upgrade my phone for about $100 every year.

Feels good not being poor.

Give to other family members

I keep them in my filing cabinet
I don't know why

Attached: 20180820_141723.jpg (2466x1380, 1.79M)

my nig..... i mean "my cia nigga"

I only downgrade, old shit was better.

You sell em to me dumbdumb

They're all locked to Tracfone, I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy

Ty for the consideration

Why can't you root TracFones. I've been trying ever fucking exploit.

Keep the last one I had in case my current phone fucks up, or sell it cause I want/need cash. I've also sold some old phones at a discount to people because they needed it worse than I ever would, and I've had a few I kept because I thought they were neat or I was going to get fuck all for them.

I still have my Alias and my Droid Turbo. I would still have my Alias 2 (which by all accounts was a much better phone than the original) but I had a friend who desperately needed a new phone so I hooked him up. Not sure what else I have lying around but I sold the fuck out of my iPhones because once I broke free from that grasp I have never looked back.

If it's usable, if I don't have a backup, and it's market value it's less than something equivalent I keep it as a backup
If It's better than my backup I sell the backup
Though I can't be arsed to sell some of them so they're crunching away WCG or SETI@Home, I'd wish this things could easily run a real OS so I could use them as micro servers
I should really sell the ones that are usable, my old (and my family members) Moto G1's can run LOS 14.1 perfectly fine and do basic tasks, even though you can't get something equally good at it's current value

put them in my pooper duh

>Those phones
>TracFone

I see I have found another fine gentleman who partakes in the sale of pharmacuticals

I usually lose them but in a rare case I don't, they end up in the drawer aside my bed. They may forever sleep with the memories we had together...

turn them into security cameras

had one of those, good times

Take a bunch of dick pics and put it in my hot neighbor's mailbox.

Attached: 1520141234372.png (720x960, 1.05M)

fuck man, this phone is awesome. I still have mine and the only thing that keeps me from using it as my daily is the missing sd slot

Also, own the Moto G 1st gen. If you want a Moto G 1st gen with a sd slot, look for LTE version (XT1045 for North American version). This give you the SD slot but a smaller internal drive.

>Why can't you root TracFones. I've been trying ever fucking exploit.
If you can't figure that out you don't belong on this board because every fucking phone forum has the same answer which is correct

Nigger these were used to make normal phone calls, if they were burners they wouldn't cover five years' worth of progress

Depending on the condition of the device, I'll keep, throw away, or donate. I still have my Galaxy Nexus laying around. It works and it's enough for playing around with basic android stuff.

this

Is cryptocurrency mining feasible on old phones?

No

fug

You might be really bad or really good at hiding your tracks I dont know.

>Is cryptocurrency mining feasible
no

play with termux,xposed, custom roms
install shit apks
two factor autentication
i2p node

It's not feasible on a high-end desktop

I'm not trying to get rich you fags.

mining is the art of turning $100 worth of electricity into $20 in altcoin

we know

If by "devices" you mean phones, I usually sell them. But I typically don't upgrade unless the phone becomes borderline unusable for most of what I need it to do. I was still using a Samsung Galaxy SII until a few months ago, and that itself was an upgrade from a first-gen Blackberry Curve.

If by "devices" you mean laptops and computers, I have a room filled with hardware, everything from a Macintosh IIsi to my college laptop.

Maximum capacity?

I do miss the old android, when it wasn't garbage that was just meant to collect your info and copy the most retarded iShit fad.

Give them to my mom.

normally I'd sell them if they still work, but I have one that isn't even worth selling simply because it doesn't have 4G service where I live. that's what I get for buying a chinkphone

so instead I'll be using it to test things like lineageOS before using it on my new one

My last android is still in my car glove compartment. It has a map program with all maps downloaded for syncing to GPS and can still be used in case of emergencies for dialing 911. My iPhone 4s sits in a dock I got 3 of got for $10 and is used for free music streaming in room, kitchen or garage.

>Recycled
>based and redpilled
They pull out anything worth $ and ship the rest to China for cheap "recycling" which turns around and either dumps into the ocean or dumps in poor african nations.

2fa backup devices

I usually use them until it breaks, but my 1st gen Zenfone 5 lasted over 4 years without breaking, the battery was starting to show it's age though along with Android 5.1.2 not being supported in some applications so I replaced it.

It still get occasional usage as an offline GPS navigator though.

I live in a third world country, so i use it all the time when i go out and think the probability of being robbed is higher that day.

Attached: corpsediedintheofficeskeletontrappedinacubicle_no1dcksx_F0007.png (1920x1080, 1.65M)

This. The only time I ever upgraded before the device was broken was when I switched from Windows Phone to Android. I loved Windows Phone but the lack of support for it really ruined it.

>dumps in poor african nations.
Am I the only one who removes the CPU and carefully replaces the heatsink to troll dumpster divers in the the third world?

Good boy.

Ah, that's really smart. 2FA on a seperate phone, in case your smartphone gets hacked your 2FA still isn't compromised.

>when i go out and think the probability of being robbed is higher that day.
on what does this probability depend sir

>root it
>install cerberus on it
>go to some shitty ghetto bar or park or whatever
>leave it next to you while you have your back turned eating a sandwich or reading something
>wait till tyrone takes it
>go home
>use cerberus to gaslight tyrone into total insanity

Endless entertainment at no cost

Use them for cancer fighting apps like BOINC or DreamLab.

I also have it on my main phone. It's just if i lose my main or it breaks. But using it only as token without networking is a actually a good idea.

yeah you gotta keep those CIA niggers out

this desu senpai

it depends on where i go and when I go.
If i know I'm gonna be walking the streets past 8pm or/and i'm gonna be passing through places with a bad rep for theft and violence, then i bring my old phone with me.

Old dumbphone for two factor auth.
Old smartphone hidden in desk at work, torrenting.
Old everything else goes into the trash, because it's broken.

I only upgrade when stuff brakes, I save all my old devices.

I have all them in a drawer going back to 2011

you take the effort to remove the CPU? They're soldered on pretty tightly you know. Pics or it didn't happen.

Depends. Phones? Usually keep the latest around for a while as a backup, should my new phone be lost or break. Otherwise I hand the phones down to nieces/nephews, broke friends etc. If not they go to recycling.

It's more or less the same for other tech. If I now it will have zero worth in the future, not rare or highly sought after, I ask around if anyone I know of wants some hand-me-downs. If not it goes to recycling.

I always keep my current phone until it breaks (usually between three and five years). When it's gone that far, I try to have it refurbished and if that doesn't work, I throw it away but keep the battery. I want to keep them in case I get the opportunity to recover the lithium with proper labware.

That sounds like a cool idea. Do you know any sites I could read about it? I have no idea about the topic and it would be great to know where to start.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time-based_One-time_Password_algorithm

Officially 32GB but it can go higher as I did test mine with a 128GB and it can read it without any issue (except a minor slow down).

throw it into the garbage can, maybe some niggers dig it out
how often do you upgrade?

>throw it into the garbage can
People like you should hang from a tree. You don't throw electronics in the garbage bin.