Comp sci

>comp sci
>2018

Amazing how fast things deteriorate. From the best degree to a meme pajeet degree in 2 decades.

Attached: Vqr4p1E.png (1515x663, 116K)

Most things go to shit after a while. As soon as anything opens up to the general public and tries to lower the IQ barrier to be more inclusive, it goes to shit

nobody could ever be possibly retarded enough to program like that, it's a low effort bait made by some pajeet codemonkey

EE master race

On a serious note, what's the best way to find if a user input is a string or integer? Asking for a friend

Attached: Screenshot_2018-08-20-14-38-48-1.png (1080x967, 333K)

parse it

Everything is a string unless you are looking for a specific numerical pattern

tl;dr duck typing

\d+

Your language has a built-in for it unless you're writing it yourself for homework or in assembly. The language built-in will do a better job than you ever will, brainlet

College is a joke anymore. Used to be worth it to go so you'd have a leg up on those who didn't but now "everyone and there mom" has one in "something" so now it's like, why? Only useful to tell HR Types "hey I went and spent 4 years of my life and now I'm drowning in debt. Plz help me" The down side to all this is that pretty soon every fucking job, no mater what field/industry, will require you to have a college degree in "something" at very least before they'll even consider you. The exception is Farming and your basic Military Grunt type cause those occupations, bodies count more than how smart you are. Even some police depts require you to have a degree first before you can enter the academy. (which is sad). Think the national debt is sky high now, just wait till all Americans have sky high college loans to pay back on top of regular expenses, cause you know college costs will only go up.

lol @ all the unemployed retards in this thread dissing on cs, nice math degree

All programming languages have a function that checks a memory space's data type. As a matter of fact its why in most programming languages you must declare a data type of a memory space before allocating it.

This! Everything else, besides physics, is brainlet tiet.

Attached: 1519571568783.jpg (850x566, 477K)

just go to a non-shit school faggot

Damn it. I meant tier.

You have never seen code written by chinks have you?

Comp sci is just a math degree but worse and has never been anything but that
Regex or by checking the ASCII code within a range as letters and numbers are grouped together with their own kind

>wrote my own kernel
>never graduated

Whatever dude. I'm gonna get an internship in college and get a cool job in Silicon Valley

holy shit the fucking irony

Attached: 2fe82efc410d96228d199109b4f74c83.jpg (640x480, 40K)

pajeet detected

>muh degeneration

Attached: core_dump.png (289x289, 41K)

Butt hurt computer science major detected.
>hur dur typos disproves your point!

medvefags need to swallow a razor. kys.
alina and even yulia is much better than this yellow fever loving bitch

in python:
user_input.isdigit()

Or do the pythonic fast way and try to cast it to an int/float.

Attached: 1531225414249.jpg (409x618, 58K)

Thenks fren

Attached: 876241013721951319512695copyImage_1.jpg (640x548, 108K)

in python just do type(x)==int with x being the input

thank god 95% of normies are retards and hate the industry that enables the production of their lifestyles, so my petroleum engineering is all good

all memes aside, are CS programs really this bad nowadays? Most of my CS uni staff are hardasses but they at least know what they're talking about, even the pajeets.

It's what you make of it. The industry is thoroughly corrupted, as an era of low achieving 'entitled' programmers from liberal campuses have changed the dynamic of the workplace.

So when you succeed, expect to A. work harder than previous graduates, B. face stiff competition in a saturated market, C. work extra to make up for diversity hires, including Tyrone who I'm sure is a swell guy and friendly to boot - but he'll always be subpar and you can never admit it but will resent it sooner or later. Is this what you really want?

>All programming languages have a function that checks a memory space's data type
Yeah but it's input data so you will still have to parse it.

if you expect the input not to be a number it'll be faster to check than to try

That's your amerilard problem

> ""
< That's a number and a word!

Kek