Just a reminder

How does it feel paying $900 for a mid-range card in 2018?

Attached: nvidia the way you're meant to be played.png (825x981, 346K)

note the generation when AMD threw in the towel for RTG and nvidia was given full licence to start jewing people

i blame raja more than jensen

ALL THE LEAKS ARE WRONG ITS ONLY 3000 PAYMENTS
SO WE INVERSE RAY TRACING WE ARE TRACING RAYS THROUGH THE EYE THERES NO REASON TO TRACE THE LIGHT IN TRIANGLES WHEN YOURE REFLECTIONS
AND THATS BECAUSE OF OUR GIGAJIGGARAYS PER SECOND
BUT THEN OF THE TEN BOXES OF TEN BOXES I CAN IGNORE THE ONE BOX WITH THE OTHER BOX IS ANOTHER TEN SMALL BOXES OF MY TEN TEN EIGHTY TEA EYE BOXES OF TEN BOXES WITH BOXES OF TRIANGLES AND BOUNDING BOXES SO WE KNOW WHAT BOUNDING BOXES SO WHICH ONE OF THE TRIANGLES IS IT
ITS VERY QUICK MATHS
WHICH IS REALLY REALLY HARD PARALLELISM WHERE WE CREATE INCOHERENT THINGS AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT
GOD THIS IS HEAVY DEEP LEARNING

Attached: 1534795878209.png (1199x773, 559K)

I'm still using a 560Ti.

This image screams /v/eddit. You have to go back.

When was that? r9 200?

Im not going to pay it. Woyld have to buy a 450 dollar monitor to even make use of it. Im keeping my 970 forever

yeah I'd say the 290x era. they simply had nothing good to respond to maxwell cards

just stop, even intel didn't increase prices that much on their consumer line

>980
>1080
>2080
>mid-range
Good joke, OP. Make another one.

They really are given they aren't even cut from the fat die.

see it that way
>third most power card of the lineup.

Absolute fucking retards.

this user has been bukake'd by Jensen Huang so hard and so many times he's oblivious and blind to common sense and very public knowledge.

>980
>980ti
>1080
>1080ti
>2080
>mid tier

Attached: 1530558517213.jpg (330x315, 23K)

We're talking about chip codenames and die-sizes here. You know, the attributes that nVidia themselves use internally to differentiate the cards.

Back in the day an x80 card was a full size uncut chip with an xx100 codename.

now that is reserved for the $10,000 quaddros and $3000 titans.

meanwhile what used to be a $250 560Ti chip is now a $9000 2080 chip.

I think what user means is that you have grades and then tiers within the grades. So there is consumer grade and professional grade. The VAST MAJORITY of what gets discussed on Jow Forums is consumer grade (to 1080, 2080, etc.). So when someone comments mid-tier they mean mid-tier of Nvidia's consumer grade cards.

Attached: 1513751054671.png (712x484, 384K)

Nigger, r9 2xx series were competitors to gtx 7xx, the amd cards were better all the way

It's based off die codenames you autist

>What is DIE size
Pls fucking kill yourself reddit

Only reason for prices being so high is that Nvidia knows that AMD can't compete in the high end. If AMD put out a decent high end card for less then Nvidia would instantly drop prices

yields get progressively worse

you are retarded aren t you ? 104 chips ARE CUT down chips . nvidia makes you think the 1080 is high end when it is not

would they ?? in the past we saw how people kept buying NVIDIA despite AMD being the same or even better than AMD . nvidia has good marketing and a loooot of fanboys

So you're saying you're comparing cards meant for workstations and bitcoin mining to cards someone like you are meant to buy to play Counter Strike on?

Either you've always been smart and have always bought midrange, or you're a retard who is complaining that the shiniest possible object you could buy is out of your price range.

all AMD has to do is put out a half decent GPU and the market share will pour in. Gsync is already a fucking ripoff, so if you get a RTX2080 with a decent Gsync monitor you're already at $1500. Freesync + a decent AMD card and you'll easily only be at half that.

>I believe arbitrary product naming instead of actual technical specifications
780 was the last time an x80 product used the top-end GPU, and even that was cut down from the already cut down original Titan. The last time an x80 used the full-fat top-end GPU was the GTX 580.

x80 is midrange now. Prices and branding don't change that.

But the number in the chart increased from 60 to 80.

Pretty sure I didn't do that.

104 are mid ranged cards, 100/102 are the high end

I paid $340 (In burger land) for a new 1070ti.
Feels maximum comfy.

Attached: 1406223970166.png (349x360, 155K)

why bother? statistically everyone plays an old non visually intensive MMO/FPS/MOBA anyways. are you buying a $1000 graphics card to play the new tomb raider or whatever the fuck for five hours?

>what is DIE size
>what is branding
>what is jew marketing

The vega 64 is a half decent GPU, they just fucked up by giving it HBM2, which prices it outside of its competitive place. If it had used GDDR5X or GDDR6 and came in at $350-380, it would have totally dominated the market.

>le don't blame nvidia, blame their competition!

Ancaps are seriously ill.

Attached: mccoy.jpg (740x557, 44K)

They came out like a half generation in.

In most places a xx60 or xx70 is mid range

But not on Jow Forums

Doesnt matter shill, nshittia shat their bdsm jackets when the r9 290x appeared, also the fury x could only be beaten by the 980 ti

1060, 1070 are low end chips, look at their die size nigger

Raja is an incompetent cry baby who was used to having his ass covered by Jim Keller and Apples OpenCL developers at Apple.

This is the face who enabled price gouging from leatherjacketman.

Attached: raja-koduri_fdek.jpg (640x426, 48K)

>Low end
x50
>mid range
x60
x70
>high range
x80
>top ultra enthusiast range
x80ti
x90

Not hard to understand niggers, this is how it’s always been from a marketing point of view, the end-user and nvidia marketing don’t give a fuck about die size. And just like every other generation of cards there is no low range to start off with.

This thread is full of r*ddit niggers like this guy
who simply don't understand that by midrange the actual chip is meant, not the nvidia marketing name for it. They don't even understand the whole concept of the full dies, small dies and cut down dies.
But that's what this thread is about. Back in the day you got a big 520mm^2 full die in your GTX580. The GTX1080 is a cucked tiny bitch die, 33% smaller than The full pascal chip. I could only allow myself to buy a 1080ti as it still uses GP102, although even this card is cut down. Top end chips aren't $500 anymore, they're $3000.

>GTX 680, 980, 1080, 2080
>Mid range

Attached: 550.png (207x243, 7K)

Another retard brainwashed by Nvidia's marketing team.

>Ohh hey my 2 series suddenly became a 5 series bmw because the manufacturer now calls it so
KYS subhuman incest product
Fucking vedditor look at the fucking DIE size the 1080 is half the size of the 1080ti its a fucking piece of shit midrange bdsm jacket card

>GTX 680, 980, 1080, 2080
>Mid range
Correct.

>haha whatever leatherjacketman says product segmentation is must be true! Die size? Dont think too much

>piece of shit midrange bdsm jacket card

Attached: 1350501039.jpg (563x393, 89K)

Nvidia's branding to retards like you with those names

FUCK YOU LEATHERMAN

Only in the retarded shitposter world that you live in. None of those products were marketed as or thought of as "mid range" by the community at the time of their release. Nvidia's "mid range" for the longest has been the x60 and x70 being the "low mid end" and "high mid end", at no point was a x80 card been considered mid end. I won't bother replying again because you're pretending to be retarded.

Who cares, they are obviously doing a lot more with the smaller die since the 1080 isn’t THAT far behind the ti in benchmarks. And the ti wasn’t even there at pascal’s launch, so are you telling me they used a “mid-range” card to show off a brand new architecture? I’m sorry but are you actually retarded?

Attached: 6EFD9272-7265-4997-B1EE-47443EA14F46.jpg (625x773, 70K)

Checked and copy pasta.

People who defend this garbage in this thread are only pretending, right?
Right?

Attached: 1348635013249.jpg (283x300, 21K)

Shut up goy

This is what happens when you have literally zero competition.

Their die (the chip, you retarded inbred you know, the thing under the big heatsink) is mid range. It used to be top end for xx80. Not anymore. And that's the point of this thread. If you don't understand that you're browsing the wrong board.

>he replied
i trol u L M A O

i don t get it .. are you stupid or pretending ? you say it yourself, MARKETING POINT OF VIEW! in reality the chips are not full sized . in the past we had G"X" 100 OR 102 for the very high end , now we have 104 and 106s . i bet the 2070 is 106 chip

Attached: nvidiabrain.png (255x198, 6K)

Do you also think displacement is the only thing that matters when determining the power of a gasoline engine?

Holy shit how can someone be so fucking dumb, are your parents siblings? Please tell me, i bet they are
>not understanding even the basics of microelectronics
I said kill yourself
Never come out of /v/ ever again incestoid

and just so i can be clear the problem is not with nvidia using cutted chips for the xx70 and xx80 series the problem is the pricing.they price mid range chips at HIGH end prices . from a logical point of view the 1080ti is a better deal than a 1080 or 1070 considering the price
but hey they have a monopoly they can do whatever the fuck they want .

Yes retarded nigger, theres only such amount of hp you can take from a *cc

Funny seeing seething AMDrones calling 2080 a mid range card when it shits on Vega 64. If 2080 is mid range, literally the best AMD has to offer is budget tier garbage. The STATE OF AMD, according to AMD FANBOYS LMAO.

Cool, guarantee my turbo 4 would thrash your v8 btw.

>b-but turbos are cheating!
>b-but a turbo v8 would beat a turbo 4!

The point is its not about the size, it’s how you use it. Thought you dicklets might have heard that a few times in your lives?

idk I bought an 8 month old 1080ti for $550

OH boy... This whole car analogy is as stupid as it is funny. But if you think the old adage of no replacement for displacement is even applicable to ICs you need to just kill yourself.

It's not even applicable to cars anymore as they can bolt on increased displacement.

This is widely acknowledged. AMD gave up on consumer graphics, we know this.

Vega 64 is actually top end equal to what the Titan Xp was.
The 1080 is midrange. It's just that the AMD top end is crap compared to even nvidia mid range.

So what turbo does the cut down nvidia chip have that they justify asking for more shekels?

I'll wait. Take your time.

You seem to be getting a bit flustered over this. I’ll be enjoying my ‘mid-range’ card which is still gonna outperform your top range card from years ago, thanks, see ya on /v/

To be honest, it is actually good that Nvidia started jewing so hard
Because of that there is still a chance for AMD to comeback.

Because Raja is an incompetent fuck up.

>IT'S BETTER BECAUSE THE DIE SIZE IS BIGGER
So the ENIAC is better than a modern computer because it uses more power? Is this what life without a brain is like?

Enjoy paying more for less.

That's why you're so mad lol, you're using a cucked virgin mid range chip in your marketed as high end card.
t. GP102 1080ti chad

You missed the argument by a mile. And you are calling others brainlet?

If they have bigger, faster chips then that's how it is. Vega 64 is the full, uncut high end die. GP104 of the 1080 is 33% smaller than GP102 of the Titan Xp. So vega is top end and the 1080 mid range. The 1080 is better though.

Probably all the tech they’ve put into getting real-time raytracing to actually? And no one has seen benchmarks yet, no one is going to buy it for those prices if its barely better than pascal, they aren’t fucking stupid.

Better go buy a Vega 64 then lol

So they have nothing to justify charging more for a cut down chip. That's all you had to say. Which makes the whole car analogy moot.

Are you legit retarded? Whats the cc of your turbo4 and the v8? What if i put a turbo on the v8? Fucking retards theres a reason why gasoline only hypercars are using more then 5litre of displacement. You can only ask a certain amount of hp of cc, you can only pressurize till a certain limit until it gets insanenly unreliable
Fucking wannabe basement dwellers want me to teach on how a motor works
Get fucking lost

You guys realise these are founders edition cards pricing right?

>implying you would be able to buy cards for MSRP
dumb goy

>Nvidia's RTX technology adds new ray-tracing cores for high-quality, real-time rendering with global illumination, and the Tensor cores will speed up creating image detail quickly where there's none

Did you think it cost NVIDIA nothing to develop this new tech?

No one buys graphics cards en masse for coin mining anymore, if that’s what you are inferring.

Aftermarket cards available for preorder now are around $1200 as well. The $999 number will never be reached it's a fantasy MSRP just like the $499 of Vega. Jen-hsun could've named $100 for the 2080ti yet you won't ever get them at that price.
While this time around you're still getting the mid range cut down chip for the 2080, the die size has increased by a lot thanks to additional segments for raytracing which unironically kind of justifies the price due to yields. The 314mm^2 1080 for $599 was a scam. I can see the 750mm^2 2080ti chip justify $1000+ cost.The last 4 generations were plagued by mid range dies for high end cards in terms of marketing.

Considering my job is as a mechanic with a history of hotrods and tuners you might want to shut the fuck up and listen.

This argument is retarded.

VEGA 64 has 12 gflops , the 1080ti has 11.34 . ye the 1080ti is better for different reasons

Do you think the cost of the new tech is commensurate with the increase in price?

Is it being made on 14nm like the 1080/to? No? Then what the fuck is the price hike for except to dick consumers in the ass even harder now that AMD is finished.

>$900 for a fucking mid-range card
>horrible value
>AMD still can't compete
While the sun shines on the CPU market, the GPU side of things is in deep darkness.

>I fucked you all and don't even feel bad about it

Attached: RDeGEtPc8oIw1t1z.jpg (1000x675, 112K)

Spastic
>hotrods
Amerifuck thinks he knows shit about building cars
Go play catch up to a bmw 3 faggots

>poo in the GPU
Fuck you, Raj.

>Insecure brainlet eurofag response.
Why am I not surprised? Would you prefer a turbo four that makes double the horsepower per liter of a koenigsegg One:1 to satisfy your insignificant, inept, inadequate manhood for trying to equate ICs to an internal combustion engine?

>calling eurofags brainlets
>is from a country with objectively worse engineering in nearly every field
>wants to teach me on motors, because he worked on obsolete hemis from the 70s
I want to see your 360 psi 4 cylinder shitengine living even 10k km fucktard

>680
>980
>1080
>2080

>mid-range

kys

>goyim thinks he got caviar and not shit cause Corporation said so

>he still can't understand it.

Attached: 1530657294739.gif (778x648, 2.13M)