2080ti

>2080ti
>1200 dollars
>2080
>800 dollars

AMD will be the savior.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 73K)

AMD will sell yet another card to run fortnite on and boomers will choke on nvidia's dick for the next 2 years giving them even more monopoly.

>Gaming optimisations for Vega canceled
>Vega 7nm will be datacenter only
>Navi is literally "RTG as a service" sold to Sony for their PS5
>Negt-Gen won't be out for at least 4 more years
>All likely due to shit Polaris sales and the once again proven fact that gamers won't buy AMD, even when their GPUs are good
AMD won't save you now, /v/
Embrace the Nvidia monopoly you have allways dreamed about

The 2080Ti is $999, the 2080 is $699, and the 2070 is $499. I think those prices are high still, but why lie?

But that's wrong, slut. Those aren't the prices.

go buy the fanboy edition then you retarded cunt, meanwhile the msrp are the prices most people will be paying

>buying noisy, hot reference cooler edition of any card ever

WHEN user, WHEN?

You guys over exaggerate how loud reference cards are. I've been around a lot and they're quiet as fuck. Maybe the older gtx 500 series or so had loud ones by 700 series and up have been shockingly quiet.

Didn't Polaris had amazing sales thanks to mining? I understand that long-term it would have been more beneficial for AMD if gamers would have bought, but I don't think they lost money on Polaris cards.

We need to pray 7nm Vega is beastly & hopefully Nvidia wasting die space on the tensor core will allow AMD to compete with the 2080 Ti.

literally every 2080 Ti is retailing for >$1200 USD right now

Next year

straight from Newegg in the email today

Attached: 2080 ti pricing.png (1147x1951, 1.38M)

>meanwhile the msrp are the prices most people will be paying
How fucking delusional are you? Nvidia did this with Pascal too and the third party cards were almost universally priced above the Founders Edition. Retailers are literally already listing third party Turing cards priced higher than the Founders Editions. You're truly retarded if you think that Nvidia's "suggested" price for AIB vendors is going to be met. Why would they sell their much more expensive to manufacture cards with huge coolers, upgraded components and RGB out the ass for less than Nvidia's basic model? It's literally a marketing scam so that Nvidia can claim the price is lower than it is.

Asus is selling an air blower 2080 ti for $1200
Not even joking, we are being charged 1200 for an air blower non titan card that's not even on the latest 7nm node

>here's our new cards available for pre order, only 1100 dollars
>ow that's a bit steep, got any benchmarks?
>benchmarks? what you need those for? you not trust us? it's got shiny reflections
>pre order it for only 1100 dollars and stop asking questions
>man_with_big_nose_jumping_out_of_window_and_running_away_over_a_hill.jpg

Eh even if AMD released a better card, people still would end up buying Nvidia

Consoles seem like the better option nowadays

honestly these were the reasons that I just preordered the 2080ti FE. waste of money? probably. but i will have the best video card available for 2 to 4 years and i'm not poor so

$1200 isn't much to spend on your #1 hobby

Stop being poor. Only the pa/g/eets of Jow Forums think this.

/thread

PC gamers are hypersensitive snowflakes at a base point. Even the slightest noise over a certain dB level triggers them.

No? Go check them you retard. All the 2080ti non reference are 1200

i dont need raytracing i need 600 fps in 2010 fps games

playing video games is not a fucking hobby lmao

What is it then ? How is it any different than playing chess ?

Jow Forums - gardening

Link me to a single card that is priced at $999. I'll wait.

Yes it is

Are you too poor to enjoy it?

probably

How can average PC gamers afford these prices? I get the 2080 TI being expensive, but a 2070 for $500+ is retarded. And crypto is dead. Surely these prices cant stay this high for long.

I have a feeling nvidia is going to get fucked by benchmarks with this card - it sure looks like pascal with two other chips bolted on

Jow Forums - not video games

It depends on how fast they actually are. If they are as slow as their FLOPs suggest then the prices will probably fall to reasonable levels.

RX 580 & 1060 are 200ish & offer good performance

Why do Console fanboys like yourself pretend only $1000 PC GPU's exist

I don't play new games anyway, not worth upgrading for me, I'll be better of if MShit will bring years later dx13 as marketing tool for new winbotnet.

This is a USA company.

In the USA our minimum wage makes it easy for anybody to afford this.

$500 is barely anything to spend on your #1 hobby

Blame your communist government, not Nvidia.

I have a 1070 and no console
But console games seem to have good graphics too nowadays and are less expensive than one gpu

And a console can't come anywhere near the performance of a 1070

Whats your point?

i dont even know if average gamers are that relevant to nvidia anymore
theres lots of companies investing in huge machine learning clusters
there are miners buying cards in bulk
of course gaming is a huge market but average gamers will be happy if they can afford the last gen for below $400

I think we've hit a point with graphics where a lot of people, including pc players, will argue that the $300-$400 range is "good enough" when the alternative is a $1200 monstrosity

Okay but console graphics are nowhere near "good enough"

Nvidia control over 80% of the GPU market. AMD is DOA, Hey, maybe Intel have enough muscle to take them down a couple of pegs however.

Or we can bet on the dark horse of S3 graphics.

The real dark horse is PowerVR

looks like ill be buying a ps4 pro in the near future, nvidia will kill pc gaming

If you are going to get a 1070, might as well go with console gaming, no difference.

Well, what do you define as 'console-quality' and why isn't it good enough? We've been at the point for a few years now where unless you're running a select few extremely high end games or maybe a VR headset, you're looking at really limited returns in 99% of stuff for high end PC hardware. Being able to crank up the settings from medium to ultra isn't the revelation it was a decade a go. Frankly it can be kind of hard to tell without a side-by-side comparison in a lot of games now.

WHAT ARE YOU POOR OR SOMETHING?

a 1070 can run GTA 5 on max settings at 1080p 144fps

A console can't

>nvidia will kill pc gaming
hows so?

Everybody is focusing anyway on 4K meme, 1080p isn't good enough for kiddies to play fornite

They arent as good as a 800+ euro costing 1080ti on ultra 4k
But they are about the same as anything else

I'm really sensitive to noise to the point where I always do liquid cooling in my builds. I like having my PC generate the same amount of noise as if there was no load on it. Even then, I'm surprised by how quiet stock cards are.

Oh you think consoles can do 4k?

upscaled 1080p =\= 4k

Jesus H., every release they are more expensive

It has no HDMI 2.1 .

WHAT THE FUCK NVIDIO, how will i play my 2d pixel art games and have productivity on my 4k120hz tv?

>Oh you think consoles can do 4k?
When did I said that?

and that right there is the proof that this isn't going to be the gamechanger nvidia is claiming

>people are focusing on 4k now

>consoles are "good enough"

They can't even do 1080p above 60 fps

So how nuch cost new RTX Titan?

I didn't said nothing about consoles you retard. Stop projecting.

$20k

Stop defending the xbox and ps4.

PCs are better

You lost. I won. Get over it.

>falls for the Nvidia MSRP scam even though we literally just went through this with Pascal and even though the same thing is already happening on the same day as announcement, before the cards even launch
>calls anyone else a retarded cunt
MSRP is irrelevant. What matters is how much money you fork over in the end, and with no competition until at least 2020, you can bet your ass - the same one you're inviting Nvidia to occupy with a baseball bat - that we're not going to see not one fucking RTX card at or below MSRP until at least then, and even then only if Intel doesn't wind up happily meeting Nvidia at these bullshit ripoff prices.

literal ni/g/ger

Nah, it's definitely a n/v/idiot

Kill yourself

>Next-gen wont be out for at least 4 more years
I hope you mean GFX cards, because consoles will definately be cycled into the next gen in the next 3 years.

I can almost guarantee that Sony and Microsoft will announce new consoles at E3 next year and we will see them for sale by November. Possibly another year back, but its going to be sooner rather than later. The "enhanced" consoles like the PS4 pro or the 1X are bandaids to get as much money as possible before the launch of the next gen, not a way to actually extend the cycle. We are already on year 5 of this gen, and the last one, the longest ever, was 8 years. I highly doubt we are going to hit 9 years before we make hardware improvements with shit like VR and 4k being a thing in the console space.

>Minimum wage is $7.50 nationwide
>have to work 66.66 hours to get $500 before taxes
>41.6% of what I would earn in a month
>"easy"

OK champ

Attached: 1472400468181.png (753x706, 869K)

When are the laptops coming?

can't even afford the rope

we NEED TO SPAM LISA SU EMAIL AND RELEASE GOD DAMN AYYMD CARDS

Why don't amd jus hire mor engineers to be better than nvedea?

ti models sold out everywhere fub

I bet a non-trivial portion of those purchases are idiots thinking the cryptobubble will inflate again

This along with a good capital infusion from rising stock prices and good margins on ryzen cpus, AMD should have had enough resources to throw at r&d for navi. No idea why they wouldn't make any gaymen 7nm Vega cards though since the only real complaint about them was muh power usage which a process shrink is probably the best fix for that. Can't wait for Zen 2 + Navi apus next year though, might finally make me replace my haswell laptop

>people defending high prices.
>defending.

you fuckers need to find another measure of self worth asap.

>apu
I was going to make fun of you until I read laptop. Carry on

is it even feasible to get any sort of ROI buying such expensive cards for mining?

No they're idiots who haven't noticed how small the gap is between new GPUs being profitable and ASICs being produced for the current popular currency.

Also want a desktop apu for a shitty htpc build that I'd probably only use for emulating up to GameCube and ps3/360 gen pc games but the 2400g would probably suffice for that anyway

DON'T WORRY GUYS INTEL WILL COME OUT WITH A GPU NEXT YEAR

>Be Canada
>2080Ti = $1600
>2080 = $1100

yeah, nope.

Attached: 1363423920889.gif (300x169, 69K)

I'm sure it won't be high end. It's going to be middle tier.

i dont get it why dont they just put an threadripper on a graphics card and win the game already

There's only one company who can save us now.

Attached: kekek.jpg (480x456, 52K)

What is this?

& scalpers

But really at $1200 it shouldn't be selling out, the price should turn people off, but maybe a lot of people are stupid & believe it's 6x faster than a 1080 Ti.

I wouldn't be surprised if 2080 Ti is at beast 20% faster than the 1080 Ti.

*2080 Ti is at best 20% faster

I think a lot of people are going to be upset at the 4K benchmarks, Metro Exodus is running at 1080p at Gamescom for example, if 2080 Ti was so great, Nvidia would demo it at 4K.

ITT: Brainlets who think the 2080 ti is a gaming card.
It has just as many tensor cores as the titan v. The price is only justified if you are a memelearning nerd. Gaymers should stick to Pascal and the mid-range cards.

Attached: 044.png (449x537, 533K)

You are like little baby qwokka watch this ya FACKEN CUNT

Attached: Screenshot_2018-08-21-09-37-20-32-01.jpg (1487x545, 72K)

For that price, I can get a 6 core i7 with Vega that gets me 1060 level performance, plus a 4k walcom display in a 2 in 1 laptop form factor.
Gaymers are retarded.

lul only 1386 USD.
Try 1527 USD in EU.

Lol our retailers cbf even listing them.
This is gonna be the biggest gpu flop since Vega

Attached: 1510865764246.jpg (403x334, 78K)

I make $30/hr (not much but not the worst) and $500 for a mid level GPU is too fucking much.

>Introducing the new RX [New naming scheme because it's not a full product lineup] it has performance between the 2060 and 2070
>Two years later
>Introducing the RX [Another fucking naming scheme]. It costs as much as a 2080ti but performs like a 2080 while consuming the power of two 2070s.
I'm a psychic but don't tell anyone.

/thread

>liquid cooling
Probly a AIO pleb with insanenly load pump plastic garbage

People who make less than like 15,000 a year pay no income tax. L2progressive taxation

The 2080ti uses the 750 something mm^2 die and even though it's cut down you're paying for that. The 1080ti was 471mm^2. Too bad it's not packed full of 6000 cuda cores but with rtx tech. In the end it's a good deal for people who can use tensor cores and not primarily for gaymers.

Maybe in 8 years games will actually use RT