wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/mpv#General_settings_-_mpv.conf
github.com/wm4/mpv-scripts/blob/master/auto-profiles.lua
0x0.st/syT4.mkv
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Efficiency_Video_Coding#Version_2_profiles
mpv.io/manual/master/#options-sub-file-paths
youtube.com/watch?v=bIbfDxpzs7Y
github.com/rg3/youtube-dl#format-selection
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

To the homie that was helping me with the video-sync=display-resample frame drops.

With audio=no it didn't drop any frames.

The rest of those options didn't seem to help.

# High quality video rendering for fast computer.
profile=gpu-hq
deband=no

What should I add?

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/mpv#General_settings_-_mpv.conf

This is a good place to start

Why disable deband?
#Video
gpu-api=d3d11
gpu-context=d3d11
hwdec=d3d11va
profile=gpu-hq
video-sync=display-resample

#Audio
alang=eng,en
volume=100
volume-max=200

#Misc
force-window=immediate
save-position-on-quit=no
keep-open=always
border=yes
ontop
msg-module
no-osd-bar
resume-playback=yes
loop-file=inf
cursor-autohide=200
priority=high

#Screenshots
screenshot-template=C:\Users\user\Pictures\%F_%p_%n screenshot-format=jpg
screenshot-jpeg-quality=90
screenshot-high-bit-depth=yes
screenshot-tag-colorspace=yes
#screenshot-png-compression=7

#Streams
ytdl=yes
hls-bitrate=max
ytdl-format=bestvideo[height

What happen to the auto-profiles script? It's moved. I liked it...
github.com/wm4/mpv-scripts/blob/master/auto-profiles.lua it gone

So what do i need to make my animus run at a smooth framerate and look really good? i tried putting the FSRCNNX thing but i don't see a difference whatsoever

Attached: pump.png (488x888, 429K)

what is the difference between ffplay and mpv?

It's only based on it, but anybody using IINA here? It looks nice, but I'd like to hear from people actually using it

Deleted, obviously.

but why?

pls halp. I want to remote play pause and get current playback time from some interface, preferably as a python wrapper

but I can't get the IPC socket to bind, is there a particular service I ought to be running?
>Debian 9

$ mpv --input-ipc-server=/tmp/mpvsocket
[ipc] Could not bind IPC socket

Modern anime looks like complete ass and no meme scaler will ever change this

Thanks for the hot take chief.

I recently got a Lenovo WMR headset and VorpX, and VorpX had an MPV profile built in

Does anybody here have experience with it and know how to get it working?

Attached: vorpx.jpg (776x566, 298K)

I'm having an issue seeking with this clip
0x0.st/syT4.mkv
its an hevc2 and mpv seems like it's not finding the keyframes or something because when I do keyframe seeks instead of exact seeks it looks fine. mpc and vlc seek it fine.

What the fuck is hevc2

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Efficiency_Video_Coding#Version_2_profiles

main 12 i think

How do you disable DASH when watching youtube on mpv?

What does this mean? Youtube only offers video data in DASH chunks and mpv will always seamlessly concatenate them when you're playing it back.

Yes, but you don't get the remaining time, nor you get the instant seek.

Your only choice is to enlarge the cache to allow the entire video to download before playback. mpv can't do anything about what's being sent from the server.

I've set the cache to 2 GiB.
It's because I've set the video resolution to be 1080p, with mpv default resolution of 720p I could get the whole video, correct remaining time -currently I get 5 sec chunks- , and instant seek -currently I can't seek more than 5 sec-

that's because he is wrong. youtube does offer premuxed files just not in 1080.
youtube-dl -f 22 'url'
is the the 720 mux for most videos (if it has it)

What version of mpv are you on?

I know that, how do I make it so I get the premuxed files?
and falls to the DASH when it doesn't have it?
mpv-git 0.29.0

Attached: 1515511929966.jpg (1024x576, 53K)

Have you tried any of the demuxer options? There's also the --cache-backbuffer option. You should also set the to 2 GiB since the default is 10 MiB. Even with thout this, I could seek more than 5 seconds forward but not backwards.

--ytdl-format=best

>t. turbo autism

Already set to 2 GiB as well.
ytdl-format='bestvideo[height

post mpv.conf

Sure but i think he actually wants it the other way around:
ytdl-format='best[height

# Audio Options
alang=ja,jpn,Japanese

# Subtitle Options
slang=en,eng,English
demuxer-mkv-subtitle-preroll

# Cute styling for unstyled subs
sub-text-font="Source Sans Pro Semibold"
sub-text-font-size=48
sub-text-margin-y=36
sub-text-color="#ffffffff"
sub-text-border-color="#ff262626"
sub-text-border-size=3.2
sub-text-shadow-offset=1
sub-text-shadow-color="#33000000"
sub-text-spacing=0.5

# Streams
ytdl=yes

he wants it to use the mux first, if it is not available then use dash

that said:
ytdl-format='best[height>=720][height

Does anything change if you move your cache settings out of the profiles so they're always active?

Nope, still the same.
Disabling this line ytdl-format='bestvideo[height

>The first option makes it so that if audio and video go out of sync then instead of dropping video frames it will resample the audio (a slight change in audio pitch is often less noticeable than dropped frames).
>change in audio pitch
>better than dropped frames

Why would anyone do that?

it says slight change, user

Don't watch videos above 720p

What? DASH audio is only used on 1080p and above.

How do I save a livestream to a file while watching it with mpv?

>all that time wasted on config files to get almost the same quality as MadVR
I guess it's fine if you're on Linux
Kek

It's as good as madVR by default. You have to configure both if you want to get the best possible quality.

Pls tell me how to put a sub downloader in mpv

Put this in input.conf
ctrl+d show_text "Downloading ${filename}..."; run youtube-dl "${path}" -o ~/Videos/%(title)s.%(ext)s

Thanks senpai

Can youtube-dl download a cached stream as you're playing it though?

I was looking into that, and I even asked here several times, all I got was keks and lols.
To be honest I'm very interested in that as well, mainly because of certain services that offer one download only.
My work around is to use --cache-file

I know how to download cached part of the stream, you can use record-file command, make sure the output file is has .ts extension. (you can remux it into mkv later)

Is there a way to make mpv load subtitle files from specific location?

Attached: 1464831051771.jpg (500x746, 80K)

I tried using mpv, but the moment I open a video file using it, a blank space just appears and freezes my laptop. What gives?

He probably doesn't have a good system?

Laptop specs and OS?

you men this?

Why d3d11va can decode HEVC 10-bit but it can't decode AVC 10-bit?

Attached: [Nii-sama] Eromanga Sensei - Creditless OP 1 [1080p][BD][HEVC][10bit][AAC].mkv 00_00_35.786.png (1920x1080, 1.96M)

Just use MKVToolNix and merge the subs inside the file.

All consumer cards are not made to decode 10bit h.264. It was primarily conceived as a format for professionals so putting the capability on consumer cards didn't make sense at the time.
>inb4 niche professional-oriented decoding card
proves my point

Both DASH video and audio is offered in all resolutions and all bitrates. Youtube wouldn't be able to dynamically switch between 480p 9and lower) and 720p (and higher) otherwise.

HP Pavilion 15 with Windows 10

Not exactly.
Because the subtitle file are not named the same as the video file because the subtitle file name are static.
Is there a way to add a keybind for mpv to force loading a subtitle ?
like ctrl+l loadsubtitle ~/subtitle/subtitlefile.ass

So a Quadro or a Radeon Pro can decode 10-bit AVC?

2018 model?

is hardware accel (vaapi, vdpau) a meme or is it actually good?

something like this? try using "all"

No. you buy Quadros and Radeons for their FP64 capabilities. They use the same exact media engine as consumer cards. I'm talking about niche cards that are solely dedicated for video codec use and not 3d rendering.

Attached: m264.jpg (650x433, 34K)

Yeah, but this will make subtitles load regardless.
I want the subtitle to load only with the keybind.

vaapi is only for intel igpus(correct me if I'm wrong) and vdpau is for amd and nvidia gpus, if you have a good cpu you will not gain any advantage for using hwdec(software decoding is always more precise) but if your cpu is weak(example, struggles to decode 10-bit HEVC is real-time) then is worth the try.
One advantage that hwdec can provide is deinterlacing, the deinterlacing methods available on some hwdec platforms are better than the mpv's default(yadif).

Intel broadwell i3?

you mean you only want to load a single sub file? in that case you could just drag and drop the file into mpv. or use this.
sub-add

i have a pretty good cpu so I'll stop using VDPAU, thanks

vaapi is for both amd and intel. Only nvidia needs to be the special snowflake that needs to use vdpau. Also, it's a misconception that hwdec is "less precise" than software decoding. All hardware decoding should output the same exact frame as software decoding. The real problem with hardware decoding is the fact that the video engine pipeline is almost always a black box and no one knows what's exactly going on inside it. One can avoid most of these problems by not using a --vo=vaapi (which is not to be confused with --hwdec=vaapi) option that uses the integrated video rendering engine and instead use --vo=gpu which feeds the decoded frame directly to the shaders for rendering. Even then, it's not guaranteed. A common problem that still remains is the fact that hardware decoders either do a poor color space conversion or change the color space flag to something slightly different. For example, a video that uses the yuv420 color space becomes labeled as "nv12".

i5

> Also, it's a misconception that hwdec is "less precise" than software decoding.
>A common problem that still remains is the fact that hardware decoders either do a poor color space conversion or change the color space flag to something slightly different.
You're are contradicting yourself...

*You're contradicting

That comes after the actual frame decoding. For whatever reason, this color space conversion is still not part of the rendering section of the pipeline and is still in the hardware decoding part. It still stands that hardware decoding output is bit-exact and should output the same exact frame as a software decoder but the implementation always requires some weird shit to happen after the decoding that you can't disable.

From mpv's reference manual:
"Quality reduction with hardware decoding

In theory, hardware decoding does not reduce video quality (at least for the codecs h264 and HEVC). However, due to restrictions in video output APIs, as well as bugs in the actual hardware decoders, there can be some loss, or even blatantly incorrect results.

In some cases, RGB conversion is forced, which means the RGB conversion is performed by the hardware decoding API, instead of the shaders used by --vo=gpu. This means certain colorspaces may not display correctly, and certain filtering (such as debanding) cannot be applied in an ideal way. This will also usually force the use of low quality chroma scalers instead of the one specified by --cscale. In other cases, hardware decoding can also reduce the bit depth of the decoded image, which can introduce banding or precision loss for 10-bit files."

I don't understand how I'm supposed to choose the best settings for my config. I'm only on a laptop, CPU is Intel i5-6300U and the onboard graphics is an intel hd 520. Also I had a quick fiddle with interpolation but it actually looked worse when I tested it out, but I think I was used some busted settings there too.

Attached: 2018-08-19_14-14-19_.png (1221x861, 542K)

Up to date gpu drivers?

Most of the stuff you're going to play with mostly involves the scalers and a few denoising processes like debanding and anti-ringing. Anything more advanced, like pulling up a much better deinterlacing filter than the default YADIF, requires some cursory knowledge of ffmpeg and/or vapoursynth. Also, with interpolation, you need your GPU to be really fast. A dropped frame is enough to make the result feel "off". Interpolation also depends a lot on the algorithm use. In the end, it's just a much more sophisticated way of blending frames, a far cry from motion interpolations in TVs, SVP and BlueSkyFRC.

>sub-add
Thank you my kind sir.

How to make mpv play specific youtube resolution without using DASH?

Attached: 1502202124392.jpg (640x960, 66K)

Paste that on your conf file

Thanks, but why did this work?
and this doesn't

>ytdl-format='bestvideo[height

Not him, but how do I get the premuxed version?
For example
youtube-dl -F youtube.com/watch?v=bIbfDxpzs7Y
[youtube] bIbfDxpzs7Y: Downloading webpage
[youtube] bIbfDxpzs7Y: Downloading video info webpage
[info] Available formats for bIbfDxpzs7Y:
format code extension resolution note

17 3gp 176x144 small , mp4v.20.3, mp4a.40.2@ 24k, 4.39MiB
36 3gp 320x180 small , mp4v.20.3, mp4a.40.2, 12.01MiB
18 mp4 640x360 medium , avc1.42001E, mp4a.40.2@ 96k, 21.07MiB
43 webm 640x360 medium , vp8.0, vorbis@128k, 30.56MiB
22 mp4 1280x720 hd720 , avc1.64001F, mp4a.40.2@192k (best)

Have premuxed from 144p to 720p, I could get the 144p by choosing 17 code, but this would work only with youtube, is there a way to make it choose the qulity based on height? but ignoring the other 144p form the DASH?

The bestvideo[height

I'm trying to make youtube run on a toaster.
Using the DASH seems to make it very slow.

Are you certain it is DASH itself? Try adding [vcodec!=?vp9] . It will force youtube-dl to avoid VP9. You can also remove the exclamation mark to force the use of VP9. You can tell what it's using by checking the stats brought up with shift + i. Example:

It's not the DASH itself, it's just remuxing the video and audio parts.
I want it to use this
17 3gp 176x144 small , mp4v.20.3, mp4a.40.2@ 24k, 4.39MiB
However I don't want to use ytdl-format 17

lol
What are you using? A 90s thinkpad?

I tried [height

Pentium 2 connected to CRT TV.
Yes, it works, however it uses the DASH video and the best audio.

Just remembered I saw a setting for this once. Try [protocol!=http_dash_segments] . As for the audio, there is worstaudio , but if you want to be more specific about format and bitrate, refer to github.com/rg3/youtube-dl#format-selection .

Your youtube-dl must be really outdated because I haven't had that problem in years. I can seek just find in mpv streaming dash with ytdl.

can mpv auto mark for loop 1% for A and 99% for B
lua/js?

HAASN PLEASE COME BACK!!!
MPV NEEDS YOU!!!
WHERE IS MY VULKAN R3!!!!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Attached: 1492586951309.jpg (680x680, 26K)

bestvid+audio will always remux, use something like ytdl-format=best[height