Yikes

Yikes

Attached: 1503500838639.png (357x196, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@u39kun/titan-v-vs-1080-ti-head-to-head-battle-of-the-best-desktop-gpus-on-cnns-d55a19866b7c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What did I miss? why is everyone saying yikes lately?

What's wrong goy? Are you poor or something?

>poorfags

Attached: photo.jpg (288x288, 15K)

Yikes

>20% faster
>100% more expensive
Which brainlet wants to buy this?

Pay the way it's meant to be paid only on Novideo, goy.

>the top of the line gaming card costs a lot of money
Wou would have guessed?

Kikes

#BeForTheMoney

Lube up, goy.

It's the first consumer graphics card with dedicated raytracing which can be done in real time, Nvidia has all the right in the world to price it at whatever the fuck they want desu.

And if the market has a brain, nobody will buy these cards.

But most people are retarded and will encourage nvidia's practices and further stifle innovation and competition in the market.

Vote no with your wallet. Get a 1080ti if you have to be team green, forget it's in your system and you'll never know the difference for at least 5 years.

Yikes

Yikes

ITT: poorfags saying yikes

makes me kek, imma buy 2

>Unironically being poor

Attached: 1498268035937.jpg (1098x986, 105K)

>Yikes
sup reddit

I'm here because reddit is down.

Attached: trouble-afoot.jpg (500x350, 38K)

That's my plan - I'm going to wait for the 1080Ti's to drop about $75 more and then buy one. If I am somehow completely wrong and the 2080Tis blow it out of the water then I'll use the step up program.

>$
HAHAHA thats cheap
Its 1500 € here

same

you poor goy ? i already bought 4 for my gayming rig : the OYVEYTOR 3000
now go be a good slave and do your 8 to 5 shift so you can buy it as well

I'm planning to buy three, but not for gaming. The 2080 ti has all of the titan v's tensor cores but costs less than half as much. In my eyes, this is a 2x performance per dollar improvement compared to Volta. Pascal's performance is so shitty it isn't even worth considering.

Remember when you could buy a decent PC for $1200?

>Pascal's performance is so shitty it isn't even worth considering.
Should....should someone tell him?

You still can with the power of Ryzen™ and Radeon™

my first PC was $2500

So the fabled $1180 Ti finally appears. Most impressive.

medium.com/@u39kun/titan-v-vs-1080-ti-head-to-head-battle-of-the-best-desktop-gpus-on-cnns-d55a19866b7c
With 16 bit precision, there's anywhere from a 50%-2x performance gap between the titan v and 1080ti, depending on the exact workload.

poorfag here, I'll just nigger this from one of you rich faggots places, you love to post this shit online.

I don't disagree. However, the 2080Ti is a pascal chip with tensor cores and ray tracing ducttaped on. So the same issues will be there for your use case.

Underwhelming. I think AMD might be able to do something with 7nm. At least make the 2070/2080 pricing drop.

aib $200 less

get on my poor level

Binned down housefires.

0/10

Attached: 1512592315010.jpg (480x480, 30K)

>tfw $2500 was top of the line HEDT territory just a few years ago
i've wasted my life...

Yikes.cunt

Attached: 91A71EAE-F706-4FAE-AE96-CC9D4BC897E2.png (1242x2208, 290K)

no it wasnt
I paid $8,400 for my top of the line HEDT back in like 2011

how much does rent cost in straya? does that shit literally cost as much as a month of shelter over there?

dafuq was your build?

Yeah pretty much. I pay $300 a week for a shitty 3 by 1 in the Perth suburbs.

pick up a tripcode and give us a receipt proof of you buying this thing

>My Titan Xp was $1,200
>the next Titan will probably be over $1,500

Come on, AMD. Free us from this evil.

Attached: 1519232685620.jpg (840x700, 96K)

That's car insurance money. I can either have a fucking car or I can have a GPU. It's ridiculous.

12nm stopgap shit and overpriced as fuck
and nvidiots will still buy it

that's called inflation, user

AMD you are only hope and we're not very optimistic

This with about $2,500 in water cooling
SSD alone was like 580 bucks that much ram back then was 800 dollars IIRC

Attached: Reactor.png (672x595, 67K)

Fuck that’s cheap. Don’t move to Sydney mate.

Oof

Attached: 1534788409808.png (1038x794, 66K)

you are part of the problem

haha fuck man what even are you doing with your money

Remember when the 970 was $300? Now the 2070 is $500. I'm betting that's not inflation. It's price fixing. The mining boom jacked up everything and Nvidia is trying to make these prices the norm so they can take the profit margins back from retailers, who were the ones that enjoyed the profits of the marked up prices.

>Maxwell? Only dumbfucks still buy 28nm
>Pascal? LOL Maxwell nodeshrink
>Turing? WOW stopgap 12nm shit

>they think wanting reasonable prices = being poor
Poorfag shills detected

You do realize its going to be ~25% faster than a 1080 ti only right?

2070 = 5% slower than 1080
2080 = 5% faster than a 1080 ti
2080 ti = 25% faster than a 1080 ti

>deciding how much you want for your product is price fixing

You're right, but not in the sense you're thinking

285 watts at 1350mhz ( RTX 2080 TI ) which means this will run at 312 watts at 1480mhz

250 watts at 1480mhz ( GTX 1080 TI )

Not him, just posting it to remind Kyle that he doesn't make the next mistake of preordering immediately.

When companies establish a monopoly on the market, it is the duty of the consumer organisations to make sure they get a fair price. It's as much a part of the market as anything else. Companies are normally only kept in check by other companies competing with them. But when it's a monopoly, the government can step in. Freely, too, because they have popular support to ream the ass of the company fucking everyone over.

Nvidia says 260 Watts for the RTX 2080 Ti Founder's Edition at 1635 MHz.

Whats reasonable is based on how poor you are. There are people that will think anything more than 50 bucks is a ripoff. Whatever your personal scale of "reasonable" is means fuckall.

Reddit went down

100% increase in price for maybe 20% increase in performance is not reasonable. do the math retard.

What does AMD need to do to pull another Ryzen and beat Nvidia? I think they just need to make something that's better value than the 1000 line. I doesn't matter if they aren't as powerful as the RTX line. So long as they have more value to performance, reviewer will love them and get everyone on their side.

At least I didn't buy Intel.

ssd pricing dropped fast after like 2012
i didn't know ram went to fucking $33/gb at one point

>60% is somehow a 100% increase

Radeon is dead

Oh nvm 260* 1480/1350 = 285w at 1080 Ti's base clock

and here I thought I spent an absolutely retarded amount of money on my 1080ti

Didn't even pay half that, feel bad for the dude like me whose going to buy one of those things on a whim and only ever play factorio and FTL on it.

Go buy a $70 gt630 jackass

Reminder that shelter isn't even a basic human right and you're here complaining about breaking up a gpu monopoly

NVIDIA is going to be harder to beat than Intel. Intel sat on their ass and did fuck-all except fuck consumers even more ever since Sandy. They stagnated and in their stagnation got caught with their pants down and wrecked by Ryzen.

Despite their own consumer-fucking, NVIDIA has actually been steadily progressing. They're not going to be a target just waiting for AMD to snipe them like Intel were, so indeed I think the best AMD could do is strike hard with very good price/performance. They did it with HD3000 when GTX 8800 were excellent cards in their own right and AMD couldn't compete purely on performance. That's probably what they can do and kind of what they tried with Polaris, but they'll need something much more impressive than Polaris to actually pull it off.

My car payment is that much and I wouldn’t drop it on a video card.

this
hopefully they'll get around to it when ray tracing games actually fucking exist
>inb4 battlefield and tomb raider!!!
those are games with ray tracing being ductaped on, they're essentially first generation implementations of it. will not be impressive when compared to games designed with ray tracing from the ground up.

Minimum wage is defined as enough money to live in shelter and eat comfortably. It's a right for anyone who works, which 95% of people do.

Intel have mobile hexacores that boosts to 3.9ghz on all cores. They basically put a HEDT Haswell-E processor and made it consume 50w. It's quite an impressive feat.

This is a fucking lie. I filled my Mac Pro with 32 GB of ECC ram in 2011 for less than that.

No they didn't. They topped at maxwell, Pascal is maxwell at 16nm, Volta is Pascal at 12nm+tensor cores, turing is just Volta for games where the tensor cores does the fake ray tracing. The increase in performance this time is very low and they are pushing more proprietary shit to consumers and developers. If Navi becomes something decent, we can see AMD getting traction to get close or surpass NVidia.

the problem with AMD is that crypto mining is killing them by selling every product they make

regular gaming demand AMD could match. But any more that that they simply could not, but Nvidia did. At the tail end of 2017 when all GPUs were sold out Nvidia had the resources to pump out more GPUs and AMD did not. On its own Polaris is probably the best selling AMD GPU of all time, but because Nvidia had the opportunity to sell to miners they ended up winning what should have been AMDs biggest win anyway

this is no different than the next $1000 new iphone

As someone who does deep learning shit on my home PC, I'm pretty disappointed. I was hoping for something with 16 GB RAM at least. Compute power is meaningless when you're memory limited.

I don't think I've ever pushed by 1080 ti past 65% usage because memory always caps out first. Nvidia Jews trying so hard to push industry people towards the Quadro line and they know that if they put out something with 2080 compute power with 32 + GB if memory no one will buy their stupidly price inflated P series.

Minimum wage is 15k a year, which won't even qualify you for an 1 bed apartment from a management company. You'll need to live like a rat with 2 other roommates in a 1bd apartment paying a shady landlord that breaks occupancy limits.

>t. stupid actual poorfag who will pay like $500 in credit card minimums until you die or go bankrupt

I think I was remembering the price I paid when I purchased the PSU and the ram

999$ Intel® Core™ i7 990X Processor Extreme Edition(6 Core/12 thread)
589$ ASUS Rampage III Black Edition Motherboard
899$ NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590 EVGA Classified Edition
899$ NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590 EVGA Classified Edition
369$ 24GB Corsair Vengeance Ram
359$ SilverStone Strider ST1500 1500w 80+ Platinum Power Supply
429$ Corsair 240Gb Force Series 3 SSD
139$ 1TB HARD DRIVE WD Black Series
139$ 1TB HARD DRIVE WD Black Series
189$ Pioneer BLU-RAY Re-Writer, DVD Burner Combo Drive Black
189$ Pioneer BLU-RAY Re-Writer, DVD Burner Combo Drive Black
229$ Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card

Custom Koolance Liquid Cooling:
99$ Koolance CPU-370 Water Block
79$ Koolance 450S pump
159$ Koolance GPU Water Block
159$ Koolance GPU Water Block
99$ Koolance Quad 120mm Radiator(30 FPI)
79$ Koolance 240mm Radiator
79$ Koolance 240mm Radiator
79$ Koolance 240mm Radiator (4 Radiators Total 30FPI As Well)
79$ Koolance Coolant Resevoir
267$ Koolance Compression Fittings For All Fittings
27$ Koolance Clear Tubing
24$ Koolance Tubing Wraps (Anti-Kink Coil)
15$ Koolance Drain Fitting
240$ Custom Made White Fans
500$ Prototype NZXT Case

399$ Sleeved Power Supply Cables(Every Possible Cable Single Braided Black)
12$ Sleeved LED Case Lighting
23$ NZXT Internal USB Expansion System With Bluetooth Module
41$ USB 3.0/Sata PCI-E Expansion Card
39$ 12-In-1 External USB Flash Media Card Read/Writer(SDHC Supported)
47$ NZXT Fan Control System
200$ Windows 7 Ultimate
0$ Killer 2100 Gaming Network Card/Xonar Audio Thunderbolt Card

8204$

That is the dumbest shit I've ever seen

don't forget to buy another 2080 ti with nvlink, goy.

Dam, so is this the corvette for the tech world? How much of this have you paid off or are you still paying the minimums?

Yeah all those normies consumers that wanna run Blender and shit...

Why get 3x 240mm + 1x480mm

Why not 2x1080?

159.99x2 ~ 320 as opposed to 336

Yeah, but they only did that after Ryzen bit them in the ass. They did fuck-all before that.

Pascal was the largest performance bump in like 5 generations of cards if not more. Sure, it was largely due to the node shrink but that doesn't change the practical result. There is more performance gained by going from Maxwell to Pascal (a single generation) than there is by going from Sandy to Kaby, especially if you compared OC results.

>The increase in performance this time is very low
I'll wait for benchmarks before making this statement. They claimed 1.5x performance increase per SM for rasterization workloads while the cards seem to operate at slightly lower clocks but have more cores and faster VRAM to feed them. Going by specs and their claims the performance gain should be significant, but once again everything on this subject is pure guesswork until we have actual benchmarks.

how long did that shit get outdated by a $1000 computer?

Yikes

Why the 990X with the ASUS board over the Gigabyte x58-oc? Q1, 2011 I think they came out not long after each other.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-08-20 22-52-41.png (151x50, 2K)

Until Ryzen got released

Gulftown/westmere actually were great overclockers hitting 4.5~4.8ghz easily. 4.7ghz 1st Gen i7 performs roughly the same as the previously $600 haswell 6 core processors at stock, but it consumed 2x the power. Lots of people are still running them because they can be purchased for like $20. Just Google x5650.

Yikes

1500 €
Probably almost 2000 $
get on my level

Correct