What is it with the EU and completely unnecessary regulations?

What is it with the EU and completely unnecessary regulations?

Consumers choose to buy Apple, they can easily just buy an android

Attached: EU regulations.png (844x758, 624K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_external_power_supply
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you can thank the EU that Android phones don't use their company proprietary charging cable anymore like in the days of flip phones.
EU does unnecessary regulations, but also good ones here and there.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_external_power_supply

Are you really that desperate for (You)s?

microusb is stupid.
EU is stupid.

Due to EU bullshit, USB-C will never take off, since the EU won't ever allow it.

Why did you make this fucking thread again fucking faggot

What's with reposting stupid threads?

This.
AND This.

EU Regoluation on phone charger ports was a great idea and it literally did save us from a plethora of weird proprietary connections and voltages.
BUT in typically EU fashion, running like a bull at a gate, they were too rash and didn't actually think about the future when planning out their new regulation, so now we'll be stuck with MicroUSB for the next 60 years where we could and should be using USB-C.
If the EU had the forethought to allow MicroUSB *AND* future USB-IF standards, we'd be alright, but they mandated MicroUSB ONLY. So we're fucked.

Lighting >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Microusb.

If people aren't sensible enough to be able to choose between only 2 cables fuck them and the EU for this shit. I understand not having 5000 different charges like the older ones of us here remember but there's nothing wrong with 2. What type of commie shithole only allows 1 outdated charger.

Why is this thread full of retards pretending that all the new phones use USB-C instead of micro-B? Now it's time to drop apple's connector as it has no advantages anymore.

Why won't they allow it?

EU is one giant beaurocracy. If they didn't come up with retarded laws, they wouldn't know what to do.

They should worry about all those rapefugees that are raping, robbing and killing people there instead.

Anyway, fuck the EU and fuck all these eurotards that constantly shitpost on here.

they do allow it.
EU citicen here, posting from a Nexus 6P bought in EU, with USB-C
manufacturing microusb is just the "lowest standard" for budget smartphones.

>Lightning

oh look its Firewire 2.0

Keep Jow Forums shit away amerimutt. Your nigger combined with the gun problem is beyond much worse than any refugee issue. I'm swiss and own more guns than you and also am free of refugee scum. You're powerless against me, mutt.
Braindead shitposter. All new phones use USB-C.

Attached: 1462805836134.jpg (1361x768, 192K)

Go to bed and make sure your battery doesn't die. My 6p developed bad battery issues warranty replacement twice.

JK on the go to bed, thanks for the input. Can't imagine they'd choose micro USB over usb-c

It's almost like we've had this thread before.

Attached: 0e66f825ddbfede1549b3e2b5581c3f8.jpg (2149x3035, 770K)

Yes, i'm aware of the device's issues.
I'm in luck, it's a first wave device. It does occasionaly shut dows at ~5% already, however no bootloop issue or significantly degraded battery yet.

Some would consider Apple not using the universal standard to be a predatory business practice. They are using the size of their company to prevent competition in the peripheral and add-on markets.
This is of course given that you are already disallowed from adding your own ports.
Are there other regulations you hate? The US is dogshit trash at regulations btw. Regulations are bad unless they help to maintain the monopolies of big business ~ USA.

>They are using the size of their company to prevent competition in the peripheral and add-on markets.
How is that? MFi is a thing.

But all phones I know of at the moment use USB-C, what's the issue?

Are you sure about that. USB-C has been a new standard in high end smart phones for at least 2 years now.

so eu niggas are "stuck" with micro usb even though all phones now have usb c? lol wut

> you can thank the EU that Android phones don't use their company proprietary charging cable anymore
That’s taking more credit than necessary. The manufacturers were already heading in that direction, the EU just hastened it a few years with blunt government force.