Buy SSD to get rid of HDD noise

>Buy SSD to get rid of HDD noise
>*BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ*

This fucker makes a very annoying high-pitched voice.

For some reason I don't find much about this on the internet.

But are there M.2 SSDs that makes less annoying sounds?

Attached: 81eeasde+UL._SX355_.jpg (355x237, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1hp9Nm9xT2d
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why are you sure it's the SSD?

Are you a dog?

works on my machine

return it or its your momboard

it's not supposed to make a noise, there's no moving parts or coil whine. sounds like something else is fucked up with your PC

It started after I pluged in the SSD, before the slot was free. Also I tried locating it with my ear and it's 100% coming from the area of the SSD.

n-no

are you sure? Maybe you don't hear it because of your fans

I'm not sure. I also noticed it on an SATA M.2 SSD, but there it was only under load and much more silent. Perhaps it's some part that sits near the SSD.

>are you sure?
dead quiet, though mine's the 960

>high pitched voice
>voice
THE MACHINES ARE TAKING OVER

Attached: 96c740a21dcf945-a-nw-p.png (479x477, 489K)

>This fucker makes a very annoying high-pitched voice.

Attached: pajeettaxi.jpg (480x480, 31K)

>coil whine
>on something that doesn't have coils

user, that shouldn't be happening. It's possible that the extra strain, however small, is causing fuckery with your mobo or PSU. It's unlikely to be the SSD itself.

>being this autistic

The display on my APC UPS makes whine noises too.
It's not limited to just coils.

sounds like its making a cap whine on the mobo

Your display is not making a whine. Your UPS has internal components that are.

well I'd open it up to take a look but I damn well don't feel like it, and it only whines when the display is on
good enough for me and I see absolutely no reason for there to be a coil on a circuit that does nothing but controls some LEDs and some low voltage display controller crap

Jesus Christ the autism in this post... I'm going to need a shower.

It's not the SSD, there's a cap on your mobo making that noise. You could try to RMA it if it's still under warranty, but the SSD is not the cause.

I can hear my evo too especially during a TRIMM. I can also hear my mouse and EMI from on board audio.

It has more to do with your hearing than the hardware

how much crack cocaine have you been smoking?

>too old to hear coil whine anymore
*sip*

Attached: boomer.png (380x349, 70K)

Capacitors. Electrical issue. Replace SSD.
Bye.

Care to record?

>capacitors can't whine
>SSDs don't have capacitors all up in their business.
k

M.2 is a meme
they overheat like hell
better to buy SATA until it's fixed.

There are no capacitors on that SSD, it's on the motherboard.

I know that feel

You're right, not a single capacitor in the average consumer SSD. I thought it would be more common than it is. I made a bad assumption. Consumer SSDs are kinda shit aren't they?

>capacitors can't whine
They can't, no.

Whine, squeal, call it what you wish. But they do it before they die. Sorry to break it to you.

>he thinks M.2 is an interface
There's M.2 SATA and M.2 NVMe retard

Or a motherboard with a heatsink for the *NVME slot.
Holy shit that was hard

>heatsink on slot
wut?

You haven't seen one before?

Attached: product_8_20180412143940_5aceff2cd142e.png (1024x819, 640K)

The heat isn't bad enough for them to need fans. They literally just need a heatsink to spread the heat around, and that's it.

these don't work well, you still need to stick to sata or you're JUSTing yourself.

whatever niggers, you get my point, going by the OP pic he's using the NVMeme SSDs.

Yeah the msata ssd in my memepad heats up too. Really annoying

I'm glad I'm half deaf and unable to hear all the coil whine around me

Which motherboard?

oops

didn't say it was coil whine

How do you know when it's TRIMMing?

It is actually much more silent today, don't know why. Yesterday it was much louder during idle. Still tried to record it, but moving the microphone makes sound too, so... vocaroo.com/i/s1hp9Nm9xT2d

Yeah. I feel it could also be the MB oder part of the power supply since it lies close to the SSD.

Good idea if the sound really originates from the SSD, which according to people ITT might actually not be the case?

ASRock Z370 Extreme4

i would say mobo or power supply, probably mobo

Ok I looked into it again and it was indeed a lower part of the Power Supply making the sound.

Weirdly it gets more silent when I lift it up. I first thought it's vibrations but the FAN was not spinned on and the sound still was hearable so it must be coil-while that's perhaps sensitive to the position the power supply is in.

With pic related fix it's not hearable anymore outside the case. :3

Attached: noise.jpg (1920x1280, 631K)

woah...

wow nigger, that's some sherlock shit right there. case solved watson, let's go home.

My NVME SSD also makes a high pitched noise when fast read or write operations are occuring. The strength of the vibration is even listed in its specification

I read a notebookcheck review that blamed coilwhine on one of those. Jow Forumsentooman obviously know better though.

Seasonics are great overall, but some of them do get coil whine and it depends largely on which components you use.

lmao. i was thinking about posting something like this.
All these boomer too old to hear high frequency pitch. I bet they can't tell if their old CRT tv is on from outside their house anymore.

If it actually comes from the SSD, you should RMA it. This behavior isn't normal

Mine is silent. And I'm usually very sensitive to such noises.

Rma