Is he the typical 30 year old boomer?

is he the typical 30 year old boomer?

Attached: 4WnVMhg.jpg (620x248, 101K)

Nope. Some of us sold our games years ago. Grew up. May have Finished college in our 30s and got a decent job. Some people in every generation never grow up, and bask in escapism for as long as they can. Its called the homeless birthing ritual.

>i'm le mature because I don't have fun

You do realize he started collecting only after making a YouTube account?

Now THIS is a typical 30 year old boomer.

>baby boomer
>born in 1987
The guy would have to be a good 35-40 years older to be a baby boomer.

>making youtube videos isn't a decent job

This meme has been around for three or something months and people still don't recognize the fucking thing?

Cut some bacon off his cheeks, give him more pronounced baldness, and he is literally me.

t. 29 year old boomer

It's a meme, moron. It doesn't mean literal baby boomers.

>boomer
>Clint
What are you talking about? He don't even have kids.

Give this guy something other than basic consumer gear (eg. a Sun workstation) and he has no clue what to do with it.

>He don't even have kids

Yeah I'm pretty sure the last time he was in a vagina was when he was born.

You just come off as incredibly pathetic and depressing.

It is entirely possible to achieve and maintain a healthy relationship to games without resorting to puritanical self-suckery of how you're *so* beyond just the mere act of playing games.

Tons of people read history or philosophy or program or play games or browse Jow Forums in their spare time, just to have fun, without it being this huge negative weakness.

You faggots are loses, Im 31, have a wife, kid (seriously dont get married and have a kid) a house and a great job. I play vidya 4 or 5 times a week for an hour or two depending.

You can have both.

in america? sure
here in slav lands we are tall and thin

>(seriously dont get married and have a kid)

Attached: 1526417179446.png (1368x1026, 1.86M)

not even meeming.

It's too retarded for recognition.

t.redditor

You mean exactly like consumer gear?

>much games argument
So use an emulator, if hardware is the difference, than enterprise gear would be just as interesting to play around with

But who really wants old enterprise gear like that? It's just a tool for getting work done and once it becomes outdated, you throw it away and buy the next model.

Yes, you can have both. But that isn't the point. The point is that playing with video games and other toys is a fruitless endeavor.

Oh please, look at this guy. He got a 200lbs of pussy and fine ass for dinner.

But then you could say any hobby at all is a fruitless endeavor and humans exist only to eat, sleep, and reproduce.

Are you saying you gain nothing from every hobby? No knowledge? No skill?

I have fun. I made my own compiler and a language called Satanic C. Its like Holy C but better.
*Cracks Monster*
*Sips*
Now let me tell ya about the history of word perfect
Doesn't matter when escapism starts, its what happens when he has to allocate the time to play his collection. Or he can make $0.12 per ad rev until kids move on to a better youtuber.
>It is entirely possible to achieve and maintain a healthy relationship to games without resorting to puritanical self-suckery of how you're *so* beyond just the mere act of playing games.
I used to tell myself this until I got into robotics. There is nothing more rewarding than passion. Fight me.
>people that think youtube has benefits such as medicare and a 401k
You can't retire on youtube money unless you save it, making yourself stuck in a strict budget til death/homelessness.

You guys are alright. Optimistic yet unknowing.

what's so bad about it?

That settles it, then. He's a boomer.

Look at him. He doesn't deserve to live.

Medicare is not tied to employment, and you can start a solo 401k. You sound like a bitter 19 year old zoomer.

It's a meme, retard. It doesn't mean literal baby boomers, it means aging Millenials being replaced by Gen Z as the young upcoming generation.

Lemme think:
>Having a job pay a portion of your 401k to ensure you retire happy
>Having to pay completely out of pocket
I'll even add:
>Having to file a 1099M to report your jewtube earnings as income, so uncle sam doen't rape you.

I'm gonna go to the quick mart to get some strawberry milk. By the time I get back I wanna read your retard logic on why you think losing money is fun.

>have wagecuck job that pays 50k with a 4% 401k match
>be a self employed youtuber pulling in 300k
>b-but the first job is better because it has a 401k!

But it doesnt matter, as long as it brings you joy during your life. Once youre dead. Youre dead.

The fuck do you benefit from gaming? How does sitting on your sweaty fat ass mashing buttons bring you enlightenment or improve you as a person?

Lmao, if you think jewtube pays that much for the average jewb, you must be 12. Its roughly $2000 for every 1 million views. Show me your channel, I know you're losing more than that.

Also you can still make way more as a salary man. Fight me.

Assuming you're the same guy who the other day was saying "Real men collect old business software, not gaymes", how is that any better? How does LARPing as an 80s office secretary sitting in front of WordStar make you any better than a retro gamer?

$2000 per 1 million views is plenty. If you have 100k subscribers and upload daily, that's around $80k a year. Linuscucktips has 5m subscribers and runs a company with 50 employees.

You get paid to entertain children and man-children for 12 cent per 1 non repeating view.

You act like improving yourself is worthless because you'll die some day.

Yea, I'm not doubting that there aren't a few successes, but lets talk about the average. If youtube was more profitable, more people would choose making some gay video about their shit stain lives than working a simple salary (oh by the way, healthcare, dental, and vision are often included for your entire family). Lemme see that you tube benefits package. Lemme see that security when another trend gains popularity. I know you have high hopes, so lemme see your earnings. Post your channel.

Yeah but when you're a 90 year old boomer you'll hate knowing that you wasted your whole life gayming and collecting worthless soi-points and unlocks.

This was never about me. The guy in the OP has a channel with 900k subscribers. He's making more than you ever make at your "real job". Enjoy that 401k match wagecuck.

Attached: 8487484784.jpg (575x386, 151K)

subscribers doesn't mean views. It may mean returning visitors, but thats rare. The average youtuber is a broke mother fucker.

Do the math. He makes 2/3 of what I make. My job has benefits too.

*is a kid
*making minimum wage

And good riddance to floppies.

Attached: gotek_a600_2.jpg (1024x661, 67K)

I never understood why Jow Forums and /vr/ are so bad at Amiga discussion.

Because no one on Jow Forums cares about it and /vr/ is full of obsessed Americans who will complain about anything that was popular in Europe.

But the Amiga was an American computer unlike the Spectrum or Amstrad.

Are you stupid?

So lets say his channel looses popularity by the time his kid is 12. After his wife leaves him for being broke, and he can't afford basic living because most of his viewers move on to another "HURR VIDYA" channel, how will he afford his child support? There's a reason cuckoldry exist.

>Jay Miner joined Atari in the 1970s to develop custom integrated circuits, and led development of the Atari 2600's TIA.[4] Almost as soon as its development was complete, the team began developing a much more sophisticated set of chips, CTIA, ANTIC and POKEY, that formed the basis of the Atari 8-bit family.[5]

>With the 8-bit line's launch in 1979, the team once again started looking at a next generation chipset. Nolan Bushnell had sold the company to Warner Communications in 1978, and the new management was much more interested in the existing lines than development of new products that might cut into their sales. Miner wanted to start work with the new Motorola 68000, but management was only interested in another 6502 based system. Miner left the company, and the industry.[5]

>In 1979, Larry Kaplan left Atari and founded Activision. In 1982, Kaplan was approached by a number of investors who wanted to develop a new game platform. Kaplan hired Miner to run the hardware side of the newly formed company, "Hi-Toro". The system was code-named "Lorraine" in keeping with Miner's policy of giving systems female names, in this case the company president's wife, Lorraine Morse.[6] When Kaplan left the company late in 1982, Miner was promoted to head engineer[5] and the company relaunched as Amiga Corporation.[7]

>A breadboard prototype was largely completed by late 1983, and shown at the January 1984 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) with the Boing Ball demo. A further developed version was demonstrated at the June 1984 CES and shown to many companies in hopes of garnering further funding, but found little interest in a market that was in the final stages of the North American video game crash of 1983.[6][8]

>Nolan Bushnell had sold the company to Warner Communications in 1978, and the new management was much more interested in the existing lines than development of new products that might cut into their sales. Miner wanted to start work with the new Motorola 68000, but management was only interested in another 6502 based system. Miner left the company, and the industry.[5]

I personally don't understand how any company could be this stupid. Why would you deliberately handicap yourself like this instead of looking to tomorrow's technology?

The Ray Kassar management were from non-technology backgrounds and they were only interested in trying to milk existing designs for as much money as they could.

It has more to do with the Amiga having a lot of bad software that people defend because of nostalgia.

Most Americans on /vr/ have never even used an Amiga. They're just easily upset.

True.
Still, it was fucking fun.

>The computer Jay designed was released in 1979 as the Atari 400. A more powerful version, the 800, was also released with a better keyboard. At the time, most of its competitors were awkward, clunky machines, often large, heavy and temperamental, and if they created any graphics at all they were either in monochrome or, in the case of the Apple ][, limited to a palette of only eight colors. The Atari 400/800 machines had a maximum of 40 simultaneous colors, and featured custom chips to accelerate sound and graphics to the point that accurate conversions of popular arcade games became possible. Compared to an Apple ][ or a TRS-80, the Atari machine seemed to come from the future. The same thing would happen with the Amiga a few years later.

Unfortunately, the Atari 8-bits and Amigas, cool as they might be, were not cut out for getting work done so they were always also-rans compared with the Apple II and TRS-80. Having nice, sharp 80 column text was more marketable than the Atari's custom chipset.

also he is extremely liberal, and is the type that can not let go of the past and wastes a lot of money and time on it, that person that thinks the past was better always. possibly because that sob story of his sister dying while he was young maybe caused some issues or it was just a lie.

I watch his shit when I eat and somewhat enjoy it but really sucks he is a libtard and a bit autistic and stupid.

/vr/ is a gaming board. They justly criticize the machine from a gaming perspective, duh.

Yes. The Amiga didn't get enough support from American devs and most European devs made low budget garbage.

They don't criticise it at all, they just spout memes. Americans only like Japanese shit.

t. zoomer

>you act like there is some point to it.

>They don't criticise it at all, they just spout memes. Americans only like Japanese shit.

Attached: 70.jpg (480x359, 13K)

you are the only child trying to force it on /b/ and Jow Forums, its a dead 9gag meme. most here didnt even realize that and started posting it, but once they realized it came from 9gag, they stopped posting it. lol@(you)

You know you can quote the post exactly if you highlight it, right? You should have more substance to your posts than just a botched quotation. You could be banned for such low quality.

No shit you mean I can copy and past on this computer. Fuck me you are smart.

Then why didn't you do it?

Not sure, in hindsight I'm glad i didnt, you're fucking seething.

some eurofag seething over americans not respecting their culture of clusterfuck europlatformers and aimless euroshmups.

You can never have a conversation with a yankee. As soon as you point out their flaws with them they accuse you of caring too much and are easily offended. What a failed race.

Wrong hemisphere.

Then why do fail at quoting like a yankee?

You seem to have some kind of vendetta about ameircans. Might want to seek therapy.

>about
Try again.

Jesus.
Fucking.
Christ.
If I see one more FUCKING person post this god damn retarded ads phrase, boomer, I will fucking lose it. Stop with the summertime bullshit catchphrase nobody is fucking using except idiots, it's fucking annoying, you little shits. This is the same exact thing from a couple of years ago when fucking cuck was just being flung left and right and used so incorrectly, it generated a fury in me that was rivaled by no others. I swear to god, you people want to make me shove rusty nails through my god damn fingernails lengthwise, than hear one more person fucking say boomer
Fuck sakes, I hate this place...

boom

>inb4 t. boomer

What happens when youtube disapears or its policies change which make it impossible for most to make money?

LGR just needs to be taken away and shot.

t. 30 year old boomer

What's the matter? your hobby is not an elite secret club anymore?

Nice bait boomer

Are there any retro-tech channels that aren't just entirely focussed on games? I remember finding a guy who was looking at POS software for the C64 and it was oddly fascinating.

I'm a fairly omnivorous guy and I can find as much interesting in Wordperfect as I can Ultima.

>spare time

Attached: image.jpg (600x284, 151K)

I wish some of them focused on real computer stuff and not generic consumer machines for playing children's games.

I have a copy of this sitting next to me. I also found that there's a PDF online of the TI-99/4A edition which is practically the same thing, but with a few minor modifications for TI BASIC, mostly just adding commands to clear the screen and seed the random number generator (none of the programs do disk I/O or anything like that), so you can just look that up if you're interested in the programs. Mostly boring application stuff, but there's a pretty neat crossword puzzle program.

Apparently there were also editions for the C64 and IBM PC, which again were probably the same thing but just with an added clear screen command and maybe 1-2 other little adjustments.

Attached: 51-D+rDqEsL._SX361_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (363x499, 37K)

Neat, I love old BASIC books. So bad and so spaghetti code.

This book has pretty clean, structured listings for readability. It's not like 101 BASIC Computer Games.

This guy is the ultimate obnoxious Millenial hipster manchild.

Unit on the right would destroy me.