Why aren't you using Falkon right now? It's lightweight (written back-to-front in C++), fully open source...

Why aren't you using Falkon right now? It's lightweight (written back-to-front in C++), fully open source, based on QT instead of dead and bloated GTK. It doesn't have a lot of extensions right now, but adblock is included by default and you can install greasemonkey to rice Jow Forums. It might just be the firefox killer we've been waiting on

Attached: falkon-web-browser.png (200x200, 29K)

>Falkon (formerly QupZilla[3]) is a free and open-source web browser. It is built on the Qt WebEngine[4][5] which is a wrapper for the Chromium browser core.[6]
Oh, it's another chromium reskin episode.

Attached: u4w8jv8mgt911.jpg (400x496, 25K)

I use it, but it's only semi lightweight and it becomes an incredible resource hog when watching high resolution videos on YT.

yeah its a huge piece of shit and i routinely have to kill my whole xsession when it devours all available ram and everything locks up but im hoping if i shill it someone will make it a better browser. because i dont want to install gtk on my laptop

>It's lightweight (written back-to-front in C++)
>based on QT instead of dead and bloated GTK
nani

Attached: 1530874486492.jpg (418x394, 27K)

Attached: Untitled.png (396x733, 124K)

>C++
>lightweight

Attached: 1526231168610.jpg (1214x725, 243K)

Having been written in C++ doesn't guarantee being lightweight. By that logic, almost every browser is lightweight. Post benchmarks if it really is that good.

Attached: 1469542110861.jpg (670x503, 36K)

because it, like all Chromium-based browsers, are still locked at 60 fps for some reason on Linux

seems alright otherwise, though

>its just chromium again
What the fuck, OP? Why bother?

> dead and bloated GTK
Ahem.

it is compared to qt

more thorough qt integration i guess

No it isn't

Like anyone gives a shit what widget toolkit or whatever a browser uses

Maybe if it could use either chrome or Firefox addons, or both.

didnt compile

i do very much

Because I'm using qutebrowser.

If only qutebrowswr had proper adblock and a console it will be the only viable browser

I agree. The only thing it's lacking is extension support. I need my ublock origin.

>tfw there are no better alternatives and we are eternally subject to be torment of either firefox or chromium forever

no macos build