SELF IMPROVEMENT GENERAL /SIG/

SIG.

Go to the gym and don't be afraid to cardio or lift more than one hour.
These chad workout mixes will help:

NEU: youtu.be/TNtqqanO7Ms

TWO: youtu.be/7g5mWS8xtp0

Stop believing in memes like "lose all ur gainz after 60 minutes of gym". Not even close to true. Look at all the greatest bodybuilders.

Stop listening to degeneracy.

NORDIC HUWHITE MALE MUSIC

youtu.be/Pd7uc87w3J4

SOME DEUS VULT SHIT

youtu.be/Kstqumf4k64

SOME GOOSESTEPPING NAZI SHIT

youtu.be/-9ygK2xnSOc

BloodSoil - Sacred War

youtu.be/1nRddhRTDb4

Legionarii - Aristocracy

youtu.be/wYl4vqMOUu8

Across The Rubicon - Ghost

youtu.be/qLDF6pZ-Q24

Stop consuming too much carbs and fast food. Have a glass of good wine, no more cheap shit. Eat fruit. Eat fish. Eat your damn vegetables. Cut the carbs. Eat clean meat, no mystery fast food meat. Always cook chicken and pork very thoroughly. Don't eat feminized products. Don't breed with roasties. Find a wholesome waifu. Do cardio. Go running. Stockpile food and buy a truck/SUV to survive The Coming Ice Age. Don't do ignorant nigger things like stealing and acting like a monkey. Respect yourself and your race. Don't humiliate your women with the degenerate feminism.

Download a cryptocurrency app and invest. Even a little will go a long way. Invest in multiple different coins. Sit on them for 10-20 years. Brush off the haters and jealous cucks. This is your life now.

Comrades, remember THE POWER OF VISUALIZATION. Want to fuck some broad? Visualize you fucking her constantly. Her brain waves will respond and want to jump on your cock!! Trying to start a motherfucking race war? Visualize it constantly. Trying to wait for your bitcoin to reach ten million dollars? VISUALIZE IT YOU NIGGER.

Welcome to /SIG/ 2018.

Attached: an3.jpg (200x289, 12K)

Attached: download.jpg (197x256, 5K)

bro i work 50 hours a week, I have a house to maintain by myself and a dog to take care of.

I can only hit the gym every other day for ~60 minutes. I don't have all day/

>stop degeneracy
>consuming liquid degeneracy (wine)

I wake up at 6, hit the gym at 6:30, work from 8 until 5, then hit the gym from 5-6

Stop making excuses and take control of your life

I don't have time nor want to go to the gym.
How can I get a Jow Forums body at home?

What's the best routine to gain muscle mass with one 10lb barbell and two 6lb barbells?

planks and flexed arms hangs are the best thing i did for my strength from inside of my dorm room.

I mean, I'm already in good shape. 60 minutes every other day is plenty of time if you don't take 2 minute breaks like a bitch between sets.

If you can easily do a set without a break, you're not even close to pushing yourself.

>I prefer comfort over glory

Never gonna make it

>buying tulipcoins
thanks but no thanks. I’ll stick with white rice, 7.62x39, and water filters

I'm going to be brutally honest with you and tell you unless you go to the gym your athleticism and aesthetics will only improve marginally. It's not impossible to make gains but the time it's going to take you is orders of magnitude in difference. Now if you've gone to the gym for about a year and you know what your body responds to and already have an ok base to build from you can switch to something you can do at home but you have to go to the gym in your early days of strength pursuits

Thanks for being honest :)

Avoid onions-based products and alcohol. Bro, I workout everyday. Women love my body and the majority of men like alpha males and masculinity. I fuck the women who marry and date beta males because women do not like weak, undisciplined, and feminine men. If you are beta, men like me fuck your women without you knowing. It's your woman's deepest secret.

>Avoid onions-based products and alcohol.

Fucking autocorrect. It was meant to be onions-based products.

>>Avoid onions-based products and alcohol.
ONIONS-based

If it's important enough to you, you'll make it work and won't let excuses bog you down.
Keep at it and keep doing what you do. 60 minutes is fine, if it works for you, you're already lapping the faggots sitting here shitposting and not lifting.

welcome newfriend

Stop being a degenerate faggot. Improve yourself to stop nigger-tier behavior. You act like an animal with impulse control issues.

I love filters

>onions fed poster detected

Lmao. Remember, you're here forever.

Buy more weights and stop trolling

It starts today! 45 minutes on the elliptical. Don't forget to stretch after anons! Already got my lifts picked out for tomorrow morning 5am!

Attached: SIG.jpg (275x183, 11K)

Body weight exercise can build extremely functional strength.

Barbell routines are good for strength and size.

Dumbbells and machines are purely for vanity.

Kek

>Cut the carbs

Will you idiots stop telling people this. Carbs do not make you fat, they provide enerhy for the body. What you need to cut out is bread and pasta and switch to a diferent alternative like brown-rice pasta. Carbs, like in fruit adn helathy foods are good for you.

*energy

Lmao.
Brown rice or whole grain pasta just has more fiber and more hunger satiation but essentially the same amount of carbohydrates as white rice and pasta.
Fruits are just sugar.
Consumption of excessive carbohydrates creates insulin resistance and stored fat.
It’s ok to eat carbohydrates in moderation but it’s extremely easy to over eat them due to calorie density of carbohydrate foods.

This is gonna come off as a little pussy bitchboy concern and I'm absolutely not proud for feeling this way but I figure if I put my worry into actual words and let someone deconstruct it then it will hopefully just seem silly. Here goes:

A gym just opened up down the street from me, ten minutes walking distance. I've been wanting to go to the gym to get Jow Forums for over a year now, drive and motivation aren't a problem. The problem is I'm a tall lanky fuck and... well... what if people laugh at me? I know it's a fucking retarded thing to be worried about but I keep getting this mental image of all the buff guys laughing at me as I try to do a set of deadlifts and it's actually holding me back. Help me Jow Forums

Attached: anigif_original-grid-image-17399-1415264449-16.gif (501x303, 1.24M)

Do it for you.

No mention of Calorie counting and macros here? It's super easy to do with apps like myfitnesspal. Anything with a barcode can be scanned in to log what you eat. There is also a large library of foods already put into that you can search and log in your food diary. It can actually be hard to hit your daily calories when you cut out, most sweets, salty snacks, and sugary beverages.

Attached: liftingpepe.jpg (1100x1100, 46K)

i`ll help you anons....soon....maybe

i'll ask here since on fit it takes eons to get an answer - i started 5x5 starting strenght program 4 months ago. i also got in touch with a nutritionist. overall 90% is good. i started from 62kgs at 1.70m height (5'7 i believe) and reached 70kg. will change the diet at the end of the month for stabilization and not gain. the problem is that i see differences everywhere except the belly. its still round, i see no difference there, what the fuck can i do? it's not big by any measure but big enough to contrast with the rest of the body. whenever i go to the checkups, the fat% decreases slowly but steady, however i can;t see any change with the fucking belly. pls help.

You should do 1hr m/w/f

Belly fat is one of the last places to leave.
Men store fat in the lower torso due to hormones, and the production of cortisol in the kidneys and proximity to the waistline area keeps this fat longer than elsewhere.
It will go if your total fat level is below 15%.
But if you’re doing 5x5 for muscle mass you should be eating a reasonable calorie surplus.

First of all, no one gives a fuck. The only buff dudes that will laugh at you are the ones in your imagination.

Second, even if it were true, why would you care what some random idiot at the gym thinks?

Thirdly, even if you DID care, that should be further motivation to get Jow Forums and prove those morons wrong.

Finally, I lost over 100 pounds and got Jow Forums with nothing but running shoes, dumbbells, a pull up bar, and an exercise ball, all in my room. You think you need to go to a gym to get in shape? Fuck off with that noise.

>tl:dr you're being a little bitch, stop making excuses

Fear isn't real, it's the wild imaginings of your own mind.
Forget what might be, go and see what is.
It's probably not nearly as bad as you think.

counting calories is beta

get that midsection tight with planks, roman chair, sit up, front levers

at the end of last month i had 16.66% fat. you say i will see results slowly after 15% and lower? will 5x5 help for those results or will i need another workout program? i had to eat around 2.7k-2.8k calories a day until i hit 70kg. i wanna stop there and refine what i've built up to that point.

Step 1: stop browsing weeaboo imageboards
Step 2: go outside
This is a good start I'd argue.

always drink before your workout bros

Attached: 1526679987534.png (1159x665, 231K)

Checked. Provided your diet isn't shit you can get fit. Get a Pull up bar for a doorframe. Do every variation of pull up, push up, squat, and sit up that you can think of / find. Do them a lot. Every day. I enjoy running as well. Working to a 5k or more a day does not take very long, even if you are a slob.

There are only 6 basic movements that truly matter in resistance training.

In order of priority they are: lift weight from the floor with leg & back power (deadlift), lower weight to the floor & back with leg power (squat), push out (bench press), push up (military press) pull in (row), pull down (pull ups).

Stop dumbbell curls and leg machines and crunches, buy a squat rack a bench, a pullup bar, a barbell and some discs. You only need to lift 3 times a week. You only need a space 8x4 for everything when working out even with a 20kg Olympic bar, half that to store it all.

You don't need to go to a gym, in fact, it's easier to stay disciplined and focussed at home. Invest in quality, don't buy sand filled 50kg dumbell and skinny barbell shit.

Bro go to Jow Forums and lurk until youbread that post and go "whoa i was an idiot"

Take creatine, caffeine and omega 3.The only supplements that work. Roids also work of course more evrn that actually going to the gym.
Lurk for ss training (starting strenght, its not nazintraining huehue) and with three times a week half an hour and PATIENCE DO NOT OVERLOAD GO STEADY. And you have it. Also praise the moon and scream to the open sky sometimes.

T.150 kg squat, 250 kilo didilift and 100 kilo ohp. Also vodka and hash everyday and I only eat at night.

dawg just embrace the suck

feel good in the feeling of "god fucking damn it work has me laid out, may as well go fuck some more shit up"

Humility is important. You can do it. Say they do judge you and that bothers you. Think of how worse they would judge you if you werent even trying. You have to try.

and mind you since when did the strong ever fear alienation from the weak?

the weight you lift is a number, the caliber of one's mind is the sourcepoint of strength in the first place

Volume is what matters. Longer rest breaks = greater volume overall

Thanks guys, this is exactly what I needed to hear

carbs also make you feel more hungry, which lead to eating more carbs, which makes you feel hungry again, etc.

It's a negative feedback loop that needs to be checked. Beware the carb jew.

2+ minutes rest is essencial if you want to lift the heaviest weights you can. Up to 5 minutes for the heaviest lifts that require lots of muscle groups like squats or deadlift.
Shorter breaks of 1-2 minutes for medium weights that you can do 6-10 times max and if you want to do endurance with lighter weights and big # of reps you do under 60s rests.

Dumbbells are good as accessories even if you are looking only for strengthw machines have their uses (rotator cuffs for example). I agree with you on bodyweight exercices: Pull ups are god tier, I've made lots of progress since I took them up seriously and it greatly affected my physique too. Now I'll have to get serious with my weighted dips and I'm sure I'll make the same kind of progress.

Once you fill out your tall frame you will look great, plus tall girls usually prefer taller fit guys so don't be worried.

>first post is literal shit pile of whiney negativity
Fix your attitude bro. Looks for reasons to succeed, not excuses to fail.

Bump

Just go to the gym at the morning, at my gym there are only like 2-3 guys up at 6 AM in the morning and the best part is no thots. Focus on yourself and remember that if some guy came and attacked your gf/wife/mother/whatever they can't defend themselves and no matter what you have to do it.

t. lanklet

Reminder that jannies delete these threads if theyre just about lifting.

This can be (AND SHOULD BE) about becoming the best man you can be so you can create a better world politically.

Larp, but true message.

How do you guys prevent women in your own family from being single 30 year old cat ladies?

My older sister is nearing 26 and she's...too put it lightly, a feminist cunt with nothing to redeem herself. (Despite being a feminist with a STEM degree she doesn't have a job nor bothers to) She's always out partying until 2 AM and complaining about how hard a woman's life is when she doesn't get everything her way.

She was the complete opposite of this until college and I genuinely don't know what I should do. The only lesson I've learned from this is to never send a woman to college.

Attached: 1525965507854s.jpg (125x120, 3K)

when a discord server or something similar?

anyone read Epicurus? it pisses me when it comes to being apolitical but criticizing the politics of Athens. Still haven't found anything that even remotely comes close to stoicism.

I haven't had gay sex in six months. I'm gonna snap, hnnnnnnng

Noone likes the very few retards who laugh at lanklets or fat fucks. I was a fat fuck when I started working out a year ago. Still a fat fuck but can bench 90 kg and squat 100 (I weigh 150kg at 6'2). The only thing I ever heard was "hey man youre doing good" or "nice progress" along with friendly firm handshakes. Never any negativity. It's the same for lanklets. I'm actually trying to get my thin af friend to start lifting with me right now. Also don't feel like you have to push yourself really hard unless that's your thing. I made decent progress only going twice a week with breaks cause of school/uni/whatever.
You probably want to get a coach or an exercise plan if you want to stop being lanky though and eat more to bulk up a bit.

tl;dr most people who lift at the gym are friendly and want to help you in my experience

Guys. I need to find a way out of my shit job. I hate it. What should I learn or do as a side job to live a comfy life? Should I learn to code and make apps? Should I start a YouTube career?

What else can you do to improve besides lift? I've begun writing.

Today I’m doing OHP, bench, and diddlies. Oh and face pulls. Then some HIIT after if I feel up to it.

It depends what brings you joy. If you hate being cooped up don't go for an office job. You gotta ask yourself what you value too. If you value you freedom you're not gonna wanna work for a big company, for example.

Try meditation

>Go to the gym and don't be afraid to cardio or lift more than one hour.
I run for 20mins at 4.5mph, then I lift weights for 15mins, 2 to 3 days a week. I don't have much more time, tell my job to increase my wage by $15, so I that I don't have to work any over time.

Can confirm. The only people that are judgmental are younger thots in the gym (I'm not stating the mid 30s+ mothers that hit the treadmill to lose weight) and >caring about a woman's opinion.

I went from a 110 onions induced lanklet who couldn't even bench his own weight to 140 lbs who can bench 180 lbs and am only going further thanks to a Chad willing to get me over the initial step.

Main thing though is if you're extremely skinny like I was is to eat non stop. The only supplements I take are calorie intakers in which I have 2 scoops per day. We're going to make it lad.

My friend's dad has a programming hobby where he codes some sort of stock market bot every few months, lets it analyze data for a month or 2 while he is out to sea and sells it for a few grand when it's done.
That's what I've been told at least, programming is a good hobby to take up if you like that sort of thing since you can do shit in so many different fields

I don't have the money to eat so much ;_;

>4.5mph is running
Go 10 mph or go home

That's what I need, a shot side hobby that earns me extra income. $20/hr just doesn't cut it, I feel like I have to work lots of over time every week to afford the things that I want. I've been mauling the idea of getting into stock trading but Jow Forums is such a shit show, that I worry about doing what they suggest.

read the classics & philosophy

how do i get over social anxiety? i've had it my whole life. i can talk fine to people if i know them but my mind just goes blank when meeting someone new. are (((medications))) the answer? therapy?

the reason i care about this now is there's a girl at work i'm actually interested in. it's hard to talk to her not only because i'm socially retarded, but because we see each other maybe 5-10 minutes a day lately.

Attached: 1274069070991.jpg (530x402, 51K)

I do those six but also other things like power cleans, push presses and ball slams for explosive training; prowler sprints, battle ropes, bodyweight exercises for muscle endurance and conditioning; resistance band exercises for hip adductors, rotator cuff etc. The 6 make you very strong but leave certain weaknesses.

What do you guys think about kettlebells

You need to work out your BMR and then add the total of your exercise activity to it. From that, you need to moderate your food intake so you have a daily calorie deficit of about 500-600 to lose 1lb a week.

How much you can lift will plateau, then reduce. You should stay with the same weight for each, and reduce reps or sets, but never drop outright weight. If you're doing 5x5, you could add in some nasty drop set until total failure type stuff on isolated muscles like the bi/tri/delt to boost the pump. If you want a ripped stomach, you need to train heavy on abs when bulking to blow them up so they really pop when you cut - cable crunches and weighted incline crunches are best.

You can vary your intake so that some days are -200 and others are -800, better to have eaten more after lifting. Personally, I also found that the warrior diet approach helped me when cutting. Except for a post-workout BCAA drink, I only consumed calories in a 4 hour window before bed, starting with protein rich and ending with complex carb rich. This makes your body highly sensitive to insulin and helps you to sleep well. I also hate eating below about 2200 calories, so I simply added cardio in the fat burning range to make the deficit. You can use stimulant or non-stimulant based metabolism boosters before cardio to increase the burn, but I just favour drinking a lot of green tea before 4pm.

You need to consider the self improvement goal though. I cut to 12% body fat after clean bulking in my late 20s and became an absolute THOT magnet - but I don't really see that as a goal.

I'm 40 now and try to stay fit and strong, but I never bulk and cut now. I was running 1.45 half marathons at 200lbs before I injured my ITB. I get hit on less, but by morally higher quality 25-35 year old women, and they do it much more subtley. When I was in Chad mode some women would literally just tell me they were down to fuck. That's not what self improvement is about.

I take 10 mins minimum, but then I actually lift heavy weights to failure

You can’t. The hard truth to swallow is that family is outside your control, just like any random stranger. You can’t force anyone to do anything or change. If a person doesn’t care about themselves, it doesn’t matter if you do. The best thing you can do is just accept it.

It's a really shitty cycle to fall into. You work and work to buy shit and then you don't have time to enjoy it. My based boomer gym coach often works 12 or more hours a day and tells me how he can't enjoy vidya because he also has to spend time with his family.
The best way to avoid this loop is to have some sort of passive income but that's kind of hard to get without investing money.

You only need an hour every other day of weightlifting, don't listen to spergs here. Working out everyday is for athletes or if you're on roids. If you're doing it everyday for more than an hour, you're not working out correctly.

ty for the reply. my goal is to get to 70kg body weight and to lift 100kg for each of the 5x5 exercises except OHP which i'd be satisfied with 50kg. the closest one atm is the squat at 82.5kg. i will reach 70kg body weight at the end of this month and from there on, i want to maintain this weight - no more, no less. will eventually reach the lift goal and keep training with that weight from there on. the problem is the belly. i don't want six pack, but to at least be flat with some shades from the ab muscles at best. just to keep the overall aspect of the body, which i am more and more proud of desu. i was thinking that since i do 5x5 Monday, Wednesday and Friday, i should find a workout routine for tuesday and thursday that will only target the stomach. is such a thing even possible? i've heard that you can;t target precise body zones

10 mins is way too much. 5 is enough for your muscles to almost fully recover. Any more than 6 min is just being lazy or distracted.

Practice often. I used to be like that, then I got a job where I had to talk to groups of about 20 people for 20-30 min twice or thrice or more a day, 3-4 times a week. It completely rid me of social anxiety. (Then I quit the job and soon reverted back to my normal state.)

Faggot mods are going to move this thread to Jow Forums, they always do.

You really should do cardio at least twice a week. It doesn’t have to be bullshit 1 hour long cardio. Half an hour is more than an enough if you actually push yourself. None of that elliptical nonsense or jogging at barely a running pace. Go on a treadmill or go to the park and fucking RUN. Run so that you can’t keep the pace for more than 90 seconds at a time, then walk to recover for a minute or two, or three, depending on how out of shape you are, then run again. No stopping or breaks. Do this nonstop for half an hour, not counting warmup or cool down and you will see results quickly. This is for cardiovascular health and endurance. If all you do is weightlift, you will certainly be healthy but you will have absolutely shit endurance, if you ever need to run you will realize how out of shape you are in that regard.

What’s a good gym routine for basically starting at zero, preferable 3 days a week

Need sig help anons. I haven't had a relationship with a woman in a long time, mostly due to lack of desire. Not gay, just find myself becoming jaded towards women in general to the point where I just don't really care. I don't buy into that faggot MGTOW crap, but a lot of women out there really are a chore to deal with.

What are some words of wisdom you could pass along? I know a good relationship with a good woman is necessary, but I just need to get out of a toxic mindset that seemingly >90% of women bring. Suggestions?

pic related btw....

Attached: 1530997387504.jpg (993x505, 81K)

Newfag. Stop larping.

Depends on what you want, if you want max power gains but less overall definition and bulk, you do explosive workouts with heavy weights for shorter reps.

If you want your muscles to look bigger and more defined, while improving your endurance (and obviously strength and power just not as much as the other way of working out) then you do reps till failure with lighter/mid range weights.

why suck in the belly like that ? he'd look much better without that massive crease

Google "Starting Strength". It's a simple weightlifting programm mainly focusing on building a strong foundation

What this guy said but well structured. Pic related has worked for anons time and time again and it personally helped me come up in the top 2% of a big charity run.

Attached: emi is best girl.png (1288x2588, 197K)

i have to talk to people often as well. probably not as much as you and only for brief periods but i usually just mumble in a monotone voice the whole time while trying to think of something to say.

>hey good goy, why don't you go to fag infested sweat stinking, pleb shit tier hubs owned by kikes and pump some muscles and buy some our kike owned suppliments. bring us your money goy.
faggot working out is for fags. it's a literal waste of time and serves nothing but meeting other faggots with an intent to get buttfucked.

the more muscle you have, the harder for you it's gonna be in case of war. you'll need more food, you'll get exausted faster

work out only if you suck dicks and a faggot.

these "good goy improvement threads are created by kikes and CIA niggers"

----
you better concentrate on making money, setting up a business and getting ready your hidden bunker in the forrest where you can go in case niggers chimp out. also get ready your gear and train your body to walk long distances with at least 20kg of cargo on you. that's what you should do

remember.. working out is for faggots
you can just do some push ups at home, general physical activity is enough to keep body healthy, anything else is gay and kike infested.

also don't fuck more then once a week. better yet do it as seldom as possible or even only for child conception purposes. also don't show women your secret hide out. all these bitches are dumb and will tell their girlfriend coz they can't keep quiet. when the shit hits the fan, you can drag any girl into your bunker, lock her down there and put her on chains so she wouldn't be able to run away. this way you'll have yourself a wife. then grow children.

i expect a major chimp out in about 5-10 years. so prepare fast. extra weight and muscles will be a major handicap + you'll become a fag. do you know the real purpose of the gyms?? is to adore male body. who do you think goes there?? straight white men?? it's fag infested hives of most vile faggots