What to do after coding bootcamp?

I'm currently in the final weeks of a coding bootcamp in London. I will go back to another year of university so will have more time before I begin job hunting. At the moment my stack is Ruby on Rails + Javascript/HTML/CSS. I will have built two different rails websites by the end of the course and have also created a javascript plugin (in my free time around the course. It was not part of the syllabus).
My plan is to move onto react and as well as pick up python for machine learning to make more complex shit and buff my portfolio.
What do you guys recommend? Also general thoughts on bootcamps.

Attached: Boot-Camp-1.jpg (459x327, 55K)

Attached: bump.gif (454x442, 926K)

There is no point learning python and machine learning if you plan to be a webshitter. It won't help much for landing webshit jobs as it's not relevant.

So instead I should...

watch yuru yuri

If you want to do front-end web development, then focus on improving front-end web development skills. Look up jobs in your area, see what stacks they are using, learn them. Webshit (aka frontend web) is for the cool hipster kids and companies are constantly using new hip frameworks etc, even react which is fairly recent is being replaced by vue. So just check what the frontend jobs in your area are looking for and learn that.

Learning python and machine learning then applying for a webshit job is like training to be an astronaut then applying for a job minding autistic children.

Except if you use Django, which is the white man's web framework.

Attached: 79bccb73364e471424dcacbae072f474.jpg (516x640, 29K)

What if I want to go into backend? I feel like backend development opens up more opportunities in tech outside of webshitting. Am I wrong?

It depends, some people actually like webshit work, to me it's soul crushing shit. Maybe getting into backend is a good idea, I have no idea what you like etc. Personally I moved from webshit into IT and work as a security analyst, which means I basically do nothing and get paid. Boring but stress free.

Yeah i fancy working maybe in tech consulting or for some company, hence why I want to do more advanced stuff with python. I am aware though that coming from a bootcamp I have a lot of work ahead of me in terms of building a portfolio and getting experience.

Yeah experience is the most important part for you right now, so you're probably better off just trying to land almost any job just to have it on your CV. Then you can learn python etc and try switch to a job in backend or whatever.

What about getting into data science? I could do a n evening masters in data science while working a job, or would the time be better spent on projects?

Where did you do your bootcamp course and how much was it m8?

Find out what type of city you are by looking at what all the major companies use.
I'm in a c#/asp.net city. Of course this is if you want to work for bigger companies that use established technologies.

If you want to work for a larger company prepare yourself by saying, "you are insignificant", every morning in the mirror.

I did it at lewagon london. It was about 6K

>6k
HOLY DAMN! wtf I thought the bootcamps were free? This is more than it cost me to do my degree

Ouch
I hate this country

I'm just doing The Odin Project. There doesn't seem to be a reason to pay for these things when it's all free on the internet, but maybe I'm missing something.

as somebody who tried numerous times to pick this stuff up on his own, doing the camp helped a lot.

I understand completely, but 6 thousand pound sterling for 2 and a bit months?

I get that, but depending on how well you work with others, the pair programming integration into their curriculum goes a ways to keeping people on track. It's not dead by any means in the forums nor new entries either -- probably as an extension of the Ruby/Rails community.

flask is nicer and less bloated

>nicer
Buzzword that doesn't mean anything.
>less bloated
Read: less features

yeah

Attached: bump4.gif (300x200, 21K)