APPLE SERVERS BREACHED AGAIN

>An Australian high school student repeatedly hacked into Apple servers, succeeding in downloading 90GB of what were described as ‘secure files.’ The teenage boy also reportedly accessed customer accounts.

Yada yada boy wonder. Right, but here's the interesting part:

>His access is said to include ‘authorised keys [which] grant log-in access to users.’

This really shouldn't be possible. You don't see fuckups like this in small companies, how on earth can a company with a trillion dollar market cap do this? They can literally afford the best of the best whitest of the white scientists to make sure this shit is secure. And I'm supposed to believe a 16 year old broke through this? Look I was a smart 16 year old, half of you here probably are 16 -- some I assume are smart people, but a 16 year old still has plenty to learn, and with this guy's limited knowledge, still got through? This tells me it wasn't some sophisticated timing attack, or a cryptographic breakthrough, but Apple being insanely fucking stupid. Again.

But wait... there's more. So being a 16 year old, he got caught:

>Two Apple laptops were seized and the serial numbers matched the serial numbers of the devices which accessed the internal systems.

>A mobile phone and hard drive were also seized and the IP address … matched the intrusions into the organisation.

So there we have it. Apple is logging the serial numbers of its users on a periodic basis and maintaining a history. Everyone here assumes that, but here is your confirmation. Also note that it is clearly done frequently enough that the FBI were able to correlate it to the VPN he was using, so it's unlikely a once every week, or once every update. Moral of the story is, that if you're using a fagbook, at least do your "hacking" from a VPN running inside a VM that is running an OS you can trust.

>Amusingly, the downloaded material was saved in a folder titled ‘hacky hack hack.’

9to5mac.com/2018/08/16/melbourne-apple-hack/

Attached: 1519837873409.png (800x973, 988K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stallman.org/articles/on-hacking.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You think that Intel doesn't do this with their IME bullshit?
The only winning move is not to play

>But Apple doesn't sell ads, that means they don't spy on me!!!!

Attached: 7.png (645x729, 75K)

>So there we have it. Apple is logging the serial numbers of its users on a periodic basis and maintaining a history. Everyone here assumes that, but here is your confirmation. Also note that it is clearly done frequently enough that the FBI were able to correlate it to the VPN he was using, so it's unlikely a once every week, or once every update. Moral of the story is, that if you're using a fagbook, at least do your "hacking" from a VPN running inside a VM that is running an OS you can trust.

Ugh, I dunno how to break this to you, but when a device accesses a secure environment it's pretty common to log stuff like MAC address. OS X will actually retrieve the serial number from your Mac computer, and displays it in the 'About my Mac' section. It's really not unthinkable that this would be logged in a secure environment, by a company that literally depends on Mac computers.

The fact that a fucking 16 year old Australian was able to access this information what makes you think the FBI and the likes can't?
The whole not unlocking the phone debacle was just a ruse and iPhones being super secure is complete and undeniable bullshit

Please let it be another Fappening

Attached: 44b9cf468ed6be01.jpg (470x595, 44K)

2014 all over again

>dale

Attached: e327fd2917ef544b6d8c3052a9c754dc--pitbull.jpg (526x471, 22K)

Shut it down before I have to involve the autorities.

this is what happens when you give multiple idiots access to secure information. companies get hacked because employees are not doing what they are supposed to be.

>a literal kid broke applel servers '''security''
>applel collects customer data after all
fucking lmao

>secure servers
>a teenager can access it from his home
Doesn't sound secure to me

Attached: 1531342323860.jpg (996x868, 117K)

Apple are lucky that it was just a teenager who didn't mean any harm to the company. Were it an actual criminal then the customer records would be a goldmine for identity theft.

You can't get a mac address of someone who connects to a website. only the web browser's id.
Getting the mac address implies having an "exploit" sending it to you.

newfag

That should be referred to as cracking, not hacking.

Attached: 1517109490299.png (577x674, 439K)

stallman.org/articles/on-hacking.html

>ACKSHUALLY
>UHHHH MUH DISTINCTION
Yeah. We know the difference. Nobody gives a shit, nerd, shut the fuck up.

mademelaughprettyhard/10

Eat shit, dickweed.

Calm down, Jimmy.

Attached: 1523296522893.png (426x389, 204K)

Andrew Daly is the best!

>Australian downloading an annual quota of data during hacks

He could've used any Mac services. Doy. Apple makes their own stuff, so their incentive to track all their hardware can have a clear not-spying agenda that benefits them immensely. Other companies don't produce anything, so their penalty for bad hardware is "lie and use another vendor, *can't* be our fault"

H-how did you know my name?

I cracked you.

I wish people would take events such as this as a warning and stopped thrusting people to store their data that isn't absolutely necessary. Even having ones nudes stolen doesn't really phase anyone anymore, so I'm hoping people like this guy do some serious damage.

>'hacky hack hack'

Attached: 1525698136459.jpg (435x435, 18K)

ITODDLERS BTFO

>'hacky hack hack'
Don't talk back.

kek