Why does Gnome design looks so horrible?

Why does Gnome design looks so horrible?

Attached: overview.png (1320x1181, 144K)

Because its your choice

my choice is kde

looks pretty decent. better than windows

it's almost as if that's just your opinion.

Its a shitload tidier than KDE, it has consistent padding, it doesn't vomit every single button and toolbar out by default and the icons aren't bad.

>using gnome on the desktop
Has anyone ever used gnome on a tablet or a 2-1 lappy? That is Gnome's purpose not the desktop.

I use it on an X201t.

It's the trend-whore copycat 'flat' bullshit and completely soulless colourless white default theme that they want to force down every linux user's throat. Pared with bullshit 'innovations' like csd and hiding menus behind that stupid button with three lines on it, like it's some stupid mobile phone, and making the window titlebars twice as tall as they should be, etc

lmao so angry
i agree that hiding menus suck, they should just copy the macos menubar

yes I am angry. I had to completely rewrite my custom GTK theme more than twice since 2011 because they kept breaking the theme API. and they keep removing configuration options I used, like being able to choose if buttons had human-readable text labels or stupid fucking picture icons that you have to guess wtf they mean, and now they're going to remove the option to disable the retarded auto-hiding scrollbars in GTK4.

I would love it if I could have absolutely no gnome/GTK shit on my system whatsoever, but more than half of the desktop software for linux uses GTK. I don't even use gnome and haven't since before gnome 3 came out and they've still caused me a lot of trouble. gnome has too much influence and control over the linux desktop

>I had to completely rewrite my custom GTK theme more than twice since 2011
Good news for you, they're going to remove theme completely.

not a big fan of those super thin / hiding scrollbars either
i use gnome because i can waste cpu cycles on modern shit but i would probalby use lxqt or xfce otherwise

this meme again lmao, it's even harder to ise something like kde or xfce because nothing is in order and spans different panels. If you fill your dock enough it gets small
what wm is even this? I want to use gnome like that

no window manager, gnome software draws its own window controls now

the compositor JS interpreter & user shell are all in the same OS thread

only UX rejects would touch gnome

Because Gnome devs are brainlets without taste

Scaling is different, blur is cut off.. someone just aligned screenshots in an image editor

GNOME dropped theming, they offer no choice.

Still a fuckton superior than win10's extreme flatness

lmao, could it look any more S`oy than this?

i have never seen a solid UI on linux that isn't proprietary

MATE