Nvidia's RTX 2080 Ti struggles to hit 60fps at 1080p in Shadow of the Tomb Raider with raytracing

twitter.com/PCGamesN/status/1031865337434783749
pcgameshardware.de/Grafikkarten-Grafikkarte-97980/Videos/Nvidia-RTX-2080-Ti-Performance-in-Shadow-of-the-Tomb-Raider-1263244/

So much for being 6x faster than the Titan Xp

Attached: tomb32987342.png (1321x725, 1.35M)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgameshardware.de/Grafikkarten-Grafikkarte-97980/Videos/Nvidia-RTX-2080-Ti-Performance-in-Shadow-of-the-Tomb-Raider-1263244/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

AMD FUD
Downvoted

Maybe remove raytracing tho. Don't even know why the fuck they advertised it.

vega 64 does 144+fps on that title

NVIDIOTS ON SUICIDE WATCH

This comment is more intelligent than this one
How ironic can that be?

No one ever said you were going to play at 4K 144Hz with raytracing on.

lmao

The state of nvidiots

Driver is new, game is new.
Perhaps they'll improve, given time.

Attached: 1437578430536.png (622x600, 188K)

>rebranded nGreenPaper doesn't work as advertised
Hmm, who knew.

Fucking LMAO, m8.

If a card advertised to do raytracing, is not doing it properly or in a smooth way, you only need to take that away and the games'll be much faster. Not my fault they advertised something that no one in the game industry is actually using because requires too much horsepower.
Or, you know, you can actually buy AMD cards.
>inb4 they a shit
The choiche will be underpowered cards but cheap and overpriced cards but with average power.

Yes, they will improve just in time when they will be ready to release the 3xxx series of RTX cards, goyim.

A momentary dip to 37fps isn't necessarily even the GPU's fault. With a card that fast I would assume the dip is from the CPU, RAM or Storage.

Then buy 3xxx series.

Attached: original_graphix_cat.jpg (808x728, 194K)

Not even in the history of nvidia did a drive actually increase performance. Every single game ready drive is a downgrade.

[citation needed]

Spoken like a tru basedvidiot

Attached: 1509642488134.png (1064x698, 337K)

nvidia doesnt have finewine like amd does.

what you see is what you get, i hardly doubt nvidia updates their driver to games

How many FPS does your AMD card get once you enable raytracing?

gaytracing is a meme. can't wait to enjoy this game at 1440p 144hz on my 1080ti

those shadows tho

Fps never goes above 55, wanders between 37-50 the entire time

If Nvidia brought a test rig to their GPU reveal that was otherwise hardware limited, they're either hiding something or really really really fucking stupid

>not buying 2x 2080 Ti if you really want to be the gamer pro*
What's the matter with you, goy??

...on a game that hasn't even been released?

Why did the emergence of VR have to coincide at the gayest time in the history of graphics cards? First the miner bullshit and now this. I just want to upgrade from my 960 so I can run VR but gayvidia won't let me.

What is currently the best driver to go with a 1060?
Monster Hunter world runs way worse on gtx 1xxx series with the dedicated driver than the previous one. Tried first hand.

Nothing is fucking stopping you from buying a 1080ti on black friday or a used one inb4 it's a miner card, exercise due diligence.

Oh yeah, also The Witcher III when released on PC run worse with the dedicated drivers than the previous ones with a gtx 7xx series

>can afford VR headset
>can't afford video card
u w0t

This is the face of true next-level thinking

Attached: 1382703052284.jpg (334x397, 42K)

So? It's still too computationally expensive and raster based current stuff is (good enough) I don't even care
Maybe in 3-5+ years when 7nm and mcm stuff comes out we will be able to use this but as of now its just retarded.
Can't wait for amd to swoop in and make a fantastic DXR rt card for gaming as nvidias rich and stupid enough to force this instead of letting it happen naturally like with dx11 and gpu based particals and physics
This is literally physx gimpworks 2.0 fucking dumb sheep

Then don't use dedicated drivers.

>tracelets coping this hard

That's exactly what was trying to say you fucking mongoloid.

He's right, though.
NV is historically poopoo at coining working standards.

Paying 400 for a VR headset is nothing. Literally less then a console.

Paying 600+ for a single fucking pc component however is retarded.

What if all this is just a marketing move to sell all the 10 series overstock, ah?

>Monster Hunter world runs way worse on gtx 1xxx series with the dedicated driver than the previous one. Tried first hand.
And so did Nier Automata's dedicated driver
And Dark souls 3
And Dark souls 2
And im sure many other games i didnt play.

I just experiment with drivers versions, although its a bit boring.

Attached: 1534621404152.png (653x726, 35K)

>they can't even do 1080 60 raytracing on a personal computer in a game that's still in development!!!! NVIDIA BTFO

No arguments?

Attached: 1534717204191.png (181x309, 59K)

Did I accidentally click on /v/? Oh wait no, it's just the children talking about the GRAFFIXX KKKARDS again.

ok

Attached: ss+(2018-08-21+at+08.12.33).png (830x491, 29K)

>not understanding dependencies

Attached: 8d6.jpg (645x729, 81K)

LOL 30FPS MIN 35FPS AVG rtx mode
Lol I knew this was snake oil watch the video on this page it never goes above 60fps and hovers between 30-55fps @ 1080p pcgameshardware.de/Grafikkarten-Grafikkarte-97980/Videos/Nvidia-RTX-2080-Ti-Performance-in-Shadow-of-the-Tomb-Raider-1263244/
>b-but it's not finished Bullshit no wonder they didn't demo or give out real benchmarks it's just green smoke blowing out Jensens braaapper

Attached: Screenshot_2018-08-21-22-14-12-08.png (1920x1080, 2.02M)

Iktf.
I had to roll back on previous version because not only Monster Hunter was running like shit, but so did many other games. I'm currently trying to find some drivers which make my 1060 runs smoothly but I'm stuck on the previous one, as of now.

>paying 400+ dollars for a 3 year old card when the 2070 could be 499 in the future

What's the point. Any investment you make right now in a card is going to be a waste.

>IT JUST WORKS
>NOT THE GPU FAULT
>PROBABLY THE HARDWARE
>PROBABLY THE STUPID GAME DEVS

top kek

Then buy a 2070 when it's 499 in the future.

>pcgameshardware.de/Grafikkarten-Grafikkarte-97980/Videos/Nvidia-RTX-2080-Ti-Performance-in-Shadow-of-the-Tomb-Raider-1263244/
whats the performance in non RTX mode thou?

if RTX mode reducing your fps from 100 to 30 no one will use it. but if the game is already running at 40fps with AA and 4k and ultra and it just drops it to 35 that's not so bad.

>40fps
>not so bad

Attached: 1264512868881.png (228x180, 22K)

desu 40fps is actually un-fucking-playable.

> just drops it to 35 that's not so bad
actually neck yourself.

Attached: 1 - 2R2yZSt.jpg (753x724, 55K)

If i'm not gonna use ray tracing then why in hell would i bother getting this pos card? Tbh i think they're just blowing this conference just to move those surplus cards.

We have a long ways to go before we can do 4k 144fps on crap like monster hunter world or GTA5

>in the future
So 1 year after release?

>struggles to hit 60fps at 1080p in Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Wow. It's much, much, much better result than I've anticipated.

Paying one thousand dollars more for a high frame rate card to run at low frame rates.
OK.

Yes my options right now is to get scammed by gayvidia or wait for 1 year.

Thanks jensen.

It's unironically fantastic.

why I thought the prices are dropping again because of the crypto fail

Both shit games you mentioned. Rainbow 6 siege is well optimized for sli and 4K 144hz is achievable on it
I would know running 1080TIs in sli

Attached: 60EB7805-882D-4BCB-9646-0CBFB95958B6.gif (349x165, 1.94M)

Then why the fuck bother buying anything other than a gtx 1080ti or 2060 then?

first generation RTX cards, game not built for Ray Tracing

Microsoft DX12 is supporting Ray Tracing

Craigslist has 1080ti for $600, now is the time to buy.
>b..but it was a mining card
Doesn't matter, it will still likely work just fine.

Timing seems suspect.

They had to advertise it because ImaginationTech has a 10w discrete part, came out years back, that destroyed every high end GPU on the market when it came to rendering with ray tracing. It could actually handle immensely complex scenes at only 10w.

Ray tracing accelerators would change the GPU market entirely. Nvidia is probably just struggling since ImaginationTech has all the useful IP for it locked down with patents.

The entire point of rtx is that the ray tracing happens off the regular circuitry. A 2080ti will always perform better with Ray tracing on then the 1080ti with it off.

not defending nvidia ( currently own a rx 570 and ryzen based rig) , but the previous tomb raider title runs like shit on my current rig, regardless of the settings i use. crashes, frame dips and such. this is after the latest patches.

my guess they developed this with consoles in mind and just delivered a half assed port.