1080p at 30 fps only for 1300$. Great deal

1080p at 30 fps only for 1300$. Great deal.

>gaytracing
>it just works
>the more you buy the more you save

Attached: HAHAHA.png (889x838, 483K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/videos/2018/08/20/shadow-of-the-tomb-raider-rtx-2080-ti-gameplay-1080p-60fps-gamescom-2018
pro.radeon.com/en/software/radeon-rays/
raytracey.blogspot.com/2017/07/towards-real-time-path-tracing.html
blenderguru.com/tutorials/secret-ingredient-photorealism
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The real question is, how can ray tracing be used in crypto mining?

Buy RTX coin goy

Let's see you make a card that can do raytracing at 1080p 60fps

ign.com/videos/2018/08/20/shadow-of-the-tomb-raider-rtx-2080-ti-gameplay-1080p-60fps-gamescom-2018

Attached: 1499479373631.png (741x568, 29K)

>activate raytracing
>huge performance loss
It's physics all over again I tell you.

my vega64 does 100+ fps on tomb raider

nivida btfo

kindly go back to /v/

Because it traces poo instead of light.

>No, it is not re-branded garbage
>Buy my overpriced V-Ram buffer
>t. Leather Jacket Man

I love nothing more than when companies spend more money on meme lighting technology than they do on making the interactive content in the game rich and varied accompanied by rich and varied gameplay.
I'll take Terraria over any gaytraced game any time of the fucking day.
The graphics jerking is starting to get on my nerves.
If a Dev gave me an option between having ray tracing in a game at the expense of 40% of content and interaction on the screen, and 40% more content and interaction on the screen at the expense of ray tracing, i'll take content over graphics any time of the fucking day.
This meme is only legit for those making computer generated movies, mainly modellers and animators. Games can only suffer in quality due to this shit over the next 2 decades.

Attached: 1436018185983.jpg (600x454, 20K)

Hahaha this is gold
Literally no improvements over the 6 year old ps4 version

Attached: Screenshot_2018-08-21-22-14-12-08-02.jpg (1641x1079, 496K)

Attached: image.jpg (3024x4032, 3.32M)

kek

good one, nvidiabro

it's not an either or situation, the devs pretty much just have to turn it on, they already have physically based workflows, which doesn't take much resources that would detract from gameplay, it can actually save work because there is less tweaking involved, it just looks right according to what the real world looks like

It won't be anywhere near what they claim I think it's all just a big joke and will inevitably fall flat on its face and forgotten like every other goy works physics middlewear crap

Why would anybody want to play at cut down shit settings with shit textures and other stuff just for meme shadows at 30fps when they could be playing 120fps 4k is beyond me

It's also only single pass so yeah it's gonna be nosiey full of artifacts and fireflies even with their meme denoising crapola

consoles manufactures paying them off to put out shit graphic cards

> If a Dev gave me an option between having ray tracing in a game at the expense of 40% of content and interaction on the screen
You don't get it. Right now level designers may spend more time to make everything right: light sources, reflections, I don't know what, to make everything look right. If RT will allow to spend less on design to get a photorealistic lightning, that means more budget will go to other means.

Lol sureee it's all amds fault it's never nvidia pushing shit tech nobody wants they literally have set performance back to 2012 with this bullshit

but amd isn't even making cards anymore

The problem here is that the amount of ray tracing a computer can handle is directly proportional to the amount of resources utilizing it on screen, therefore devs need to set a maximum cap on allowed resources to compensate for the maximum amount of gaytracing computation they deem performance-acceptable for maximum utilization that the hardware can take for a set period/generations.
That means setting up a balance at the expense of content to accommodate hardware utilization, and gaytracing takes an absolute shitload of computation.

>that hair

Even AMD know Ray tracing only good for animator or 3D graphic designer for now. And it's already available on their currect Pro class gpu.
pro.radeon.com/en/software/radeon-rays/

So then that means the end results on these first gen cards means it will look no better overall than traditional raster based rendering
Nvidias hybrid solution is fucking shit for games shit performance absolute joke mate

realistic lighting is worth it, maybe it will take a few generations to really mature, it's not like we were going for 8k 1000Hz displays anyway

The issue here is that they're still prioritizing graphics. Just make it look like half-life 2

Fucking deluded moron go play your ps4 grade shit cut down visuals with (((realistic))) lighting In Your basedsjw groaning queef simulation at 30fps 1080p on a 1000usd gpu
God knows the 2080 and 2070 won't even get 30fps lool

Attached: justfeel.png (312x390, 43K)

lol ok buddy OP is fake news anyway

Attached: 1454176825666s.jpg (224x250, 10K)

> The issue here is that they're still prioritizing graphics
Duh, people buy it.

Having surpassed Denial and Anger, the Nvidia fanboy begins the bargaining stage of grief,

half-life 2 was in itself basically a tech demo to show off the source engine graphics and physics, it's not like it has particularly great gameplay compared to many of the more recent titles

fuck off back to Jow Forums amd bagholder shill

Lol I own a Vega 56 and 2700x and gtx 1080
Stay mad at your 30fps real time toaster ray
Kek

OP is a jelly and butthurt AMD fanboy.
See

Why are AMD fanboys so butthurt? Is it because they're poor?

>vega 64 100fps
Oh non onono

Attached: untitled-4.png (682x758, 53K)

No it's because I own a gtx 1080 and a Vega 56
This new turing card is a absolute joke
Oh dear it wouldn't be like nvidia and ign to lie would it?
>unironically linking them
Kys

>pcgamesn
literally who
maybe there are some frame drops if you want to nitpick but it's not 30fps average

8k 1000hz within 20 years nigga.

>This new turing card is a absolute joke
You mean the card that is much faster any card you own? The 2070 will rape both of your cards and cost less.

WATCH
THE
FUCKING
VIDEO LYING NVIDIKIKE

>No it's because I own a gtx 1080 and a Vega 56
You don't own either sweetie, stop lying online.

They still have to make regular lighting and shit for non RTX users (majority).

i would also like to see them doing cubic interpolation (with a high refresh rate to minimize latency) rather than sample-and-hold

But that's the price you pay to play something as beautiful as this

Attached: file.png (1065x560, 613K)

Attached: 1509642488134.png (1064x698, 337K)

It literally looks worse than the last game and the xbox x version
The fuck?

>inb4 every game from now on becomes glossy raytracing show off
It literally makes no difference with mostly diffuse reflection.

ofc, this once has kikeworks.

>tracelet cope

Oh nooo I don't have to spend 1200usd on a 300watt heater to run games at 1080p 30fps with console settings to make my tech demo ecred lit as fuq I'm so sad

Attached: file_5-01-01-01.jpg (1065x560, 143K)

Witcher 3 looks far better without ray tracing

LOL this reminds me of the ugly prerendered demos from around the year 2000 or so.
That's hilarious.
10/10 bait.

>raytracing: off
yikes

Give me a 5 billion dollar budget and you'll have it in 8 years.

They claimed that the cards will do it in 4k. fuck off shill

Accept they have to do all the work anyway because they need to sell their games to those without raytracing.
So ya, it saves nothing, it just more developers time wasted doing Nividia only content.

The Virgin Ray Tracing VS The Chad ENB Mod in GTA 4

Attached: ENB GTA4.jpg (1280x720, 110K)

>mfw these cards will be just as slow as big pascal/volta @4k
The salt is gonna be glorious
No fucking way a paltry 2tflop extra will give the extra headroom from a 1080ti 4k 60hz on turing
14tflop that's literally titan xp oc levels perhaps slower

le epic gamer for the win \m/

>graphics tech has literally gone backwards in 10 years
And here I thought that they'd never top crysis 3 guess I was right lol

>capturing video at 60fps means the game is running at 60fps
Is /v/ ever going to leave?

Attached: soygasm.jpg (283x324, 20K)

All that money for those cards but no money for a tailored suit.

retard, it's a genuine improvement, amd has similar tech on their pro cards, maybe they will be able to offer the same functionality in their gaming cards one day

it is tailored. that's how his body be like

shadows look faker than fake, and reflections are all baked, it has nothing on ray tracing

Like the other user said, those shadows are awful. It's actually shitty ambient occlusion.

Doesn't Titan V has more memory bandwidth than the 2080Ti? Then yeah, it should be faster in 4K.

These RTX cards are literally just a scam to increase margins on Quadro HPC and development cards that'll be used for future games of which these cards are too weak for.

>maybe they will be able to offer the same functionality in their gaming cards one day
I really don't think Vega 14nm has the power to.
However it appears that Vega 7nm does from the instruction sets I've been seeing.
Hopefully Navi has the same functionality.

It's not. Notice the armpit and the way the arm comes out from the shoulder with the indent.

Pretty much but "let's give them a chance" since they claim that they achieve good image quality compared to competitions.

raytracey.blogspot.com/2017/07/towards-real-time-path-tracing.html

>While the premise of the paper sounds incredibly exciting, the results are disappointing. The denoising filter does a great job filtering almost all the noise (apart from some noise which is still visible in reflections), but at the same it kills pretty much all the realism that path tracing is famous for, producing flat and lifeless images. Even the first Crysis from 10 years ago (the first game with SSAO) looks distinctly better. I don't think applying such aggressive filtering algorithms to a path tracer will convince game developers to make the switch to path traced rendering anytime soon. A comparison with ground truth reference images (rendered to 5000 samples or more) is also lacking from some reason.

>shadows look fake
I think you need to go out sometime and see what shadows look like in the city

So that's why it looks so fucking dull
More control and better graphics my ass a much better use of this tech would be shadows reflections ao and aa only and leave Current lighting engines in place thereby saving shit tonnes of performance
It's like 2k-16k digital cameras all over again its like the devs didn't even colour grade this shit

Attached: file_5-01-02.jpg (1065x560, 135K)

>gaytracing

raytracing offers a much finer level of details than rasterisation of triangles. only a tech illiterate wouldn't know that.

Attached: brainlet.jpg (1218x1015, 212K)

>It's like 2k-16k digital cameras all over again its like the devs didn't even colour grade this shit

God, I totally forgot but you actually paid good attention. For the image to be rendered more realistically you need bigger dynamic range which is probably the reason why picture looks so dark and "without color" which will add overhead.

blenderguru.com/tutorials/secret-ingredient-photorealism

Yep and as we know hdr is fucking broken on Windows 10 and killed about 15% performance on pascal (Vega had no problems lol) fundamentally both in hardware software the os itself drivers and on a per game basis there is no standard unlike consoles where literally every game that gets hdr cert works
Same goes for panels and tv/monitors its a fucking mess
So not only will gtx 2080ti rtx owners have to put up with 1080p 30fps at medium settings but also a washed out as fuck image unless they have a hdr gsync screen

You don't really need HDR monitor but you actually need bigger words to pass more lighting information for more realistic image which will make the thing in a way slower than how the games are done today unless you make the gap bigger between 2 close values in color space.

Doesn't look as pretty when it's not a still screenshot.

this will be great in 10 years

Which brings me to my next issue even the best ai can't add detail that's not there it's not magic
Oh boy I can't wait for 5-10 years of washed out rtx crap on nvidia!

doesn't RTX use hybrid instead of full on raytracing in games?

>fill gaps between pixels with some nn filter
yes, finer details, sure...

Tfw capturing is done on cpu.

That's the fucking previous game, you retard.

>The very simple FACT of how good ray tracing is for lighting realism is now a point of argument on Jow Forums because the board is filled with AMD drones that must alter reality to defend their favorite corporation.

Well to Nvidia's defence, you should look at it like the Youtube videos. They look stunning even through they are HD lossy videos packed in 20 something megabytes. It mostly has to do with Google big data mining what kind of compressing algorithms are most pleasurable to the human eye. I think it not a bad idea to explore denoise effects but the results for now are simply bad.

>HE DOESNT KNOW ABOUT THE GIGAJIGGARAYS PER SECOND

Didn't he say it would run at 4k with like 70/80 fps?

Yes, it will run Overwatch, Team Fortress 2, the original Far Cry and Jazz Jackrabbit at 4K without ever dropping below 60fps.

that is amazing. it shouldnt be a selling point because the performance isnt 400 fps @ 4k like the zoomer 80 iq gaymurz expect though.

Do you guys think that prices on the 10 series will come down? Not super impressed by this release. I want to get a 1080ti now for deep learning, but want to time it right in order to get the best price. When do you guys think I should buy? Do GPU prices come down during black friday?

I'm getting tired of shitposting so much since yesterday. Anyone wants to come to my place and fuck me in the anus?

Lol I'm still going after 20 solid hours with no sleep and diariiah get on my level
We won't be able to mine the salt after next month

>durr durr durr raytracing is bad
Swear to god all of you are retarded. Its like tesselation all over again.

that screenshot was taken by a tard, it doesn't look THAT bad

it runs the infiltrator which is a heavy graphics demo, it's safe to safe it will run most games quite well, OP is a fucking retarded shill, wait for real benchmarks

it's even shooped, look at her mouth, pathetic shill

>deep learning
Why would you get a 1080Ti instead of Vega for that?

Your bait failed, m8. I enjoyed the post, though.
It's hard for me to be tired when there are so many salty tears to feed off of, especially from those faggots who said they screencapped my posts and were going to post them after I'm BTFO by the announcement.

I actually only got 5 hours of sleep. Too hungry for more tears.

You're retarded. They gimped the 1080Ti in that demo with 4x TXAA to make the 2080Ti look better.
You don't run 4x of some of the most demanding AA in 4k, you fucking moron. With that many pixels, you only need light AA.
Don't post if you don't want to oust yourself as an idiot.

JUST fuck my haircut and blood pressure UP

>With that many pixels, you only need light AA.
t. delusional amdpoor who doesn't understand what he's talking about or who sits so far away from the screen he'd be fine with 1080p

>Your bait failed, m8. I enjoyed the post, though.
>It's hard for me to be tired when there are so many salty tears to feed off of, especially from those faggots who said they screencapped my posts and were going to post them after I'm BTFO by the announcement.
>I actually only got 5 hours of sleep. Too hungry for more tears.
clearly an underage nolife summer kid