Raytraced Shadow of the Tomb Raider runs at ~30-50 FPS at 1080p on a $1200 nvidia RTX 2080 Ti

pcgameshardware.de/Grafikkarten-Grafikkarte-97980/Videos/Nvidia-RTX-2080-Ti-Performance-in-Shadow-of-the-Tomb-Raider-1263244/

>Raytraced Shadow of the Tomb Raider runs at ~30-50 FPS at 1080p on a $1200 nvidia RTX 2080 Ti

OH NO NO NO

Tell me you didn't fall for the RTX meme

Attached: shadow-of-the-tomb-raider-rtx-2080-ti-gameplay-1080p-60fps-g_yrfh.620.jpg (620x348, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V0TyhQiY2pQ
hexus.net/tech/news/graphics/13883-amd039s-cinema-20-demo-promises-movie-like-realism-rv770/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How many FPS does your AMD card get once you enable raytracing?

How many FPS does (you)r nVidia card get once you enable raytracing?
Come on, tell me, I want to know.

A lot more than you would get from an AMD card, I can tell you that.

Then substantiate your claims, nSheep!
Post the resulting score of the current nVidia card in a raytracing benchmark/game.
DO IT!

inb4 you can't and you won't because nVidia hasn't paid you enough for the shilling, yet, to grab their latest meme

Attached: 1459186799586.jpg (601x508, 94K)

enjoying your buyer's remorse?

That's more than I expected, but still pretty bad for the price.
It would be nice to see some comparison screenshots.

delicious tracelet tears

Enjoy paying 1200 dollars for 30 fps.

For a mere 40 dollars per frame, you're saving money by spending more.

>Arguing like fucking childs over a garbage ass effect in a game.
Cancer like you are the cause they focus on stupid graphics instead of quality content. KYS

Attached: 1503334225443.jpg (479x592, 55K)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AAAAAH MOMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYY PCCCCHSSSFFFFFFFFFFTCHHHHHHTTTT

Enjoy looking at shitty rasterized or pre-rendered shadows.

>raytracing
it still looks like normal graphics you retard

>no arguments
>inane comment

Attached: Smug.jpg (400x400, 22K)

Attached: 1483098456303.png (1508x835, 259K)

G I G A R A Y
I
G
A
R
A
Y

nice derail faggot

Actually. You don't know that. Amds compute cards might do well here.

Attached: 1534275303101.png (549x936, 830K)

MODS
Move this garbage to /v/, its pathetic and cringe as fuck.

Only the most retarded of Nvidiots ever thought it would be any different. These cards will be obsolete jokes by the time it's viable to run this stuff at a real framerate at a real resolution.

YOUR EYES CAN'T SEE PAST 24FPS GOY WHAT DO YOU NEED 60FPS FOR? BUY IT NOW BUY IT TWICE.

what would anyone do without you?

Attached: 1526590179730.png (400x321, 16K)

fugg

Honestly Ray tracing might help developers put on actual good looking ambient lightning in the development emulating RTX ON, without it actually ON.

Attached: d2fa26cef10a6466b6f498ac3d9c4a37963a6afd_hq.jpg (600x600, 51K)

>Tell me you didn't fall for the RTX meme
Of course not, what sort of retard would buy a graphics card without seeing in-depth reviews first?

The same dipshits who bought kanye's plain white t-shirt.

I mean, you'll be doing it too, once you have to turn RTX off to get a decent frame rate, otherwise enjoy your pretty slideshow faggot.

>all these gullible posters who fall for NVIDIA marketing
kek

>30-50 FPS
>1080p
>2080 ti
>$1200

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Jewvidia strikes again. Nvidiots falls for it again.

Yeah I dont get the fucking shills.

They act like they dont make concessions for picture quality already for frame rate, like they are going to suffer possibly teen level FPS drops for ray tracing.

Obviously fortnite gamers up in here

Comfy on my 1080TI sli set up. The games I play support it and Xb271HU looks good with ips @165hz
>be me
>fell for the 4K 60hz meme
>fell for the 1080P 144hz TN meme
>goes on eBay.
>sees xb271HU for 400$
Ips165hz has never felt so good and 60hz and under is garbage, TN looks like shit and 1080p is a a smear fest

Jow Forums will argue away at their shitty system, but half of Jow Forums is either too old to notice anything past crt or too poor to see it person so think it’s snake oil. 2xxx series are dead on arrival. I’ll wait for Micro LED and 4xxx series when Moore’s law comes to a hault
>pic not related

Attached: B11C551F-50CA-411B-A8FE-DDFC816656FE.jpg (546x1576, 458K)

Nice blog post

It’s the truth you virgin weeb.

This. RTX cores are gonna be just like the Physx card Ageia made in the early 2000's, it will eventually just be done through raw GPU horsepower in the not-too-distant future.

Closer to TruForm, just gonna be dead die space

I just cancelled my pre-order.
I fell for the hype so I'll take it as my lesson, I'll go buy something from the 10xx series and just wait for the generations of GPUs after that.

There's no point paying 70% more because of some gay tracing.

Is a 1080ti good for £600

Good work user

Could've sold it for 50% more profit as you had 30 days to return it.

The shipping date if you order now is in fucking December

I am going to buy an Evga version for the warrenty and step-up program.
How does this work? Can you upgrade a 1080ti to 2080 if the unlikely would happen and they work extremely well without raytracing?

>step-up
evga is still doing this shit? Back during the bad caps 7900 series debacle, I took nvidia for a 7900 GT with the old cross-shipment, cancel the card trick. Sold both cards with an SLI bridge for $300 and got an 8800 GTS.

You pay the difference between the ti and the 2080.

No reason to buy the 1xxx series now because it's going to feel bad when the price plummets even more.

You think you're smart buying the $600 1080 ti now but in 3 months it's going to be worth $400 and people will be still scrambling to get ahead of a rtx.

So if you have a 2xxx series card you have 90 days to upgrade and just pay the difference of the card you want

Is the game supposed to look better or something?
The game doesn't look that different to me in the video

literally just saw pic related in another thread, checked this one, and saw your post

the fucking geniuses

Attached: Capture.png (1196x172, 20K)

this so much. I do think it's cool that nvidia is innovating and moving forward with the RTX cards. But software isn't there and it won't be for a very long time thanks to nvidia's market segregation. Only the high-end cards get raytracing, the mid and low end cards everyone buys won't. Developers ain't going to jump on the bandwagon unless they are specifically paid to do so (by nvidia) when 95%+ of their user-base are running Intel/AMD/non-raytracing nvidia cards. Do keep in mind that the majority of steam-users are running a dual-core with a intel iGPU.

This means.. you can hope games catch up by the time next generation nvidia gpu's come out and that's if, and only if, they make it a standard feature on all their cards (including the low-end ones). Meanwhile select people will be vastly overpaying for a high-end card that can run the 5 games developed in co-operation with nvidia.

I said this before. They are doing their miners a favor and allowing them to reasonably dump their cards by inflating rtx prices. People that buy these cards for uses other than mining are getting fucked by nvidia so hard

miners aren't buying GPUs anymore, all the shitty altcoins have dropped in value and the ETH ASICs are out. The situation is the same as when people were mining Bitcoin with GPUs in 2013 and ASICs came out and AMD found themselves with a large stockpile (which, I guess, explains why there was a GPU shortage for a long time, they had been burned before and weren't willing to ramp up production too much).

ETH price has dropped like a rock. This combined with an ASIC that does the hashpower of 16 GPUs at 60W makes GPU mining ETH ... silly.

And this is why I wait for real user benchmarks. It could be likely the 2080 Ti won't handle raytraced 4K. I don't accept anything sub 60 FPS for that price.

Its their golden parachute dumping their reserves i meant

8800 ultra 830
2080ti 999
8800 gtx 650
2080 699

kek

So what, the increase in quality is worth it. Look at those shadows ffs.

In my day 30 fps was considered acceptable.

>its another gimmick feature

what a surprise

so wait
are you a gamer that actually spends your entire time watching graphic details and you will mesmerized by some shadows?

then why the dynamic lighting on star citizen looks x10 better and doesnt need some mumbo jumbo for them to work?

>How many FPS does your card get when you enable Novideo ROG+ Titanium Edition S.L.O.W. (tm) mode on your card?
>Oh you didn't pay an extra $600 to get a feature which makes games look the same but with 1/4 the fps?
>Fucking poorfags.
Jow Forumsing the "premium shit" comic.

>star citizen

Attached: 1528816515348.jpg (1280x720, 234K)

this one?

Attached: 1387837763096.png (578x712, 26K)

NOOOOO MUH GAY TRACING MOMMYYYYYYYYY *PFFFFFFFCCCCCCCCCCHHHHSSSSSSTTTTTTTT*

what if nvidia RayTracing cores are basically their version of gcn cores?
ray tracing is a compute op, guess what cards excells in those?

plis be true

Attached: GC181_80-IMS-en_IN.jpg (1250x775, 32K)

There's a IGN video of this demo, and I can't see anything of different or better.

hashahahahaha

delet
i repeat delet
youtube.com/watch?v=V0TyhQiY2pQ

>Ati Computex '08 demo - Over 10 years ago, Ati released this realtime raytracing demo running at 60fps on 2x HD 4870

Holy fuck that's my nightmare

>participating in gaymd vs nvidiot shill wars

> he thinks this is realtime raytracing.

leol

So Ray-Tracing is the one-button easy equivalent of the faggots who like to crank all setting to ultra, add a ton of photo realism mods, snap a fuckload of pictures, only to then turn all the setting back down and mods off, so they can actually game at a reasonable FPS.

Attached: 1359430655863.png (590x335, 250K)

It's like 2010 tessellation all over again.

it is
hexus.net/tech/news/graphics/13883-amd039s-cinema-20-demo-promises-movie-like-realism-rv770/

you mean, something that used to be AMD's forte, which they abandoned because nobody gave a fuck, only for nvidia to pick it up force it down game devs throats and fuck amd with it?

RTX is proprietary tech, it is not real raytracing, it it just uses tensor cores to calculate lights, shadows and reflections much more pricise and faster than the cuda cores would be able to, but thats all these tensor cores can do, they don't do well with general graphics workload so thats why Volta was way worse than 1080ti.

AMD have their own aproach of ray tracing with OpenCL. But it is not aplicable for games.

At least AMD drivers work

tensor cores are simplified 4x4 mixed precision matrixes. They're great for ai, perf/watt, but can't do much else really.
RT cores, no one knows their special sauce yet. I'm betting it's a cuda sm engine more tuned for heavy compute, or as

>tuned for heavy compute

Modern GPUs are already computing beasts. Ray tracing is hard because rays are incoherent and hard to parallelize. It's probably got more to do with memory architecture.

ok.
>more tuned for heavy compute

>Ray tracing is hard because rays are incoherent and hard to parallelize
you really couldn't be more wrong there. there's nothing that could benefit real time ray tracing more than parallelization. Down the pipeline, for one single ray, yes, but think of billions.

That's it. Thanks.

Can you calm down with the idiocy over an unfinished game and a fresh card for premium prices ... and explain why the fuck shit looks so bad? The animations are worse than in GTA IV from fucking 2008 and Crysis STILL looks better. Why the hell does vidya still not look noticeably better after 11 damn years?

by the way,
tensor cores are used only for denoising ray traced scenes, post processing.
the rays are computed in the specialized brand new ray tracing cores.

I can't wait until AMD makes an affordable version of this tech

Attached: 1486613122301.jpg (1000x800, 40K)

Nice. I might pick one up used in a year or so.

It can't before Vulcan brakes through, and Vulcan doesn't brake through before AMD (Or somebody else supporting it) is over performing Nvidia.

You see the spiral AMD is trapped in, after Nvidia infiltrated DirectX with Game Works? And 64x hair tessellation and whatnot?

>People are complaining that brand new technology like real time Ray Tracing which was only possible on super computers a couple of years ago can't be ran flawlessly at 60fps on a consumer graphics card.

AMD shills. Every single time.

>after Nvidia infiltrated DirectX with Game Works
But didn't AMD pretty much design DX12 and Vulkan? That's why it has things like async compute

The Turing cards are a new architecture. Just because they run 30fps on Ray Tracing doesn't mean they won't improve everywhere else.

>you really couldn't be more wrong there.

No, you just misinterpreted what I said. Raytracing doesn't parallelize well on modern GPU architecture. Throwing more "compute" at it does nothing to solve that.

Why don't they keep their overpriced shit off of cards until its good and stop wasting die area

>RT brand new concept
it's from the fucking late 70's

GIGARAZE your house

So far the leaks point to around 10% improvements, definitively not worth it for the 80% price hike
At least it isn't a 1% improvement like Intel's

Just because it's overpriced to you doesn't mean it's overpriced to everyone else poor fag.

At least intel is giving more cores and soldering some of their non-HEDT cpus now

Yeah, but Intel has competition now, Nvidia doesn't have competition outside of the 2015 mid end

It's new for consumer level graphics.

t. mactoddler

As if I had the money to buy GPUs on launch anyway lol

No DX12 came just after Vulcan, as a respond to Vulcans innovations. AMD has a large influence over Vulcan, but has released into into a open source self owned entity or however you described it.

It's really obvious that they really want it to succed, because then Nvidia can't come with good ideas about making games, such as Witcher 3, with stupid settings like forced x64 tesselations of hair, and other wierd stuff, that'll hurt AMD.

"Nvidia is willing to take a performance hit, as long as it hurts AMD more" As AdoredTV said.

The new cards will improve overall performance though.

we were waiting for more cores, nvidia seems to have solved it with better cores.

Not an argument.