Anybody have any experiences with this Acer...

Anybody have any experiences with this Acer? Thinking about getting it for uni however it'll be about 465usd to get it in my country instead of the 380usd it's priced for

Attached: Screenshot_20180821-090836_1.jpg (1060x1054, 128K)

Acer are usually good value with good enough quality in my experience. Also typically solid linux support. But I think you can get an i5 one with 8GB RAM for a little more.

If I didn't have to pay import fees I would probably get it

well, it cant be worse than a modern thinkpad, that's for sure

Kek

if you are poor then yes Acer is the way to go.

DON'T

I should go and fish the thread I opened some days ago to rant about Acer but it'd be pointless, but trust me: DO NOT BUY ACER.
I have a e5-575g, it's riddled with problem (also the i7 version), performance issues (even with fucking linux, it's really hw issues), and for what concerns me, when any consumer revolution will happen, they'll be the first against the wall.
They're fucking incompetent cunts, if you report issues about any piece of hw that may involve having to replace the MB they'll just replace the HDD (or pretend to) and send it your way.
Last time I tried for the 4th time to get it fixed (among other things, it's got an issue with gpu coil whine), they lied about replacing the MB and disconnected the fan so to demonstrate the ""noise is fixed"" (and it wasn't anyway).

Stay away from them like they were plague.

Just save your money/ get an used, better laptop/ go for another budget friendly brand. Acer is shit.

Well yes ass hole I have other expenses
Well Damm it just seemed really bang for your buck guess I'll find a used ideapad

I'm using an eight year-old Acer netbook. It's been treated like a cheap whore its entire life. Apart from two of the case screws stripping and falling out from the uncountable number of times I've dropped it, it still works just fine.

Don't, they are notoriously cheap and have shit tech support.

How about this for about 400usd?

Attached: Screenshot_20180821-163322.png (1080x1920, 446K)

lel some gamer kid needs to run fortnite on his acer

(╯•̀□•̀)╯︵ ɹǝɔɐ

PIECE OF SHIT
I
E
C
E

O
F

S
H
I
T

Just remember that Acer bought Gateway, who had just bought eMachines.
That's the legacy you are buying into.
"Never Obsolete".

In its price rank acer is ok, better than asus. Basic computers that are easy to repair if something happens.

I have the acer aspire e15 i5, 256gb ssd model from 2017.
Colors are bad, wish it was IPS. Everything else feels fine. I'd pick a 256gb ssd over a 1tb hdd though.

Attached: 2018.jpg (768x1024, 127K)

It's shit
Stay clear of acer
Except it is. A T480 is still miles better than any acer you could show me
>inb4 that meme one they made

Thinkpad
Ideapads are as shit too

Into the trash it goes
It's an acer

What is with all the Acer shilling now?

>uni

I'm assuming you're too poor for a Mac in which case get a chromebook. You'll want something low-profile that doesn't make noise during class.

Get a low profile Dell instead, preferably at or around $300 so you can swap the HDD for an SSD.

Macs are a meme
How's this one?
I'm not even in the states everything's expensive here

Attached: Screenshot_20180820-210104_1.jpg (1068x1425, 90K)

I have the i7 version. Performs really well. I had no problems installing Ubuntu on it.

I found your thread