What exactly is it that prevents AMD from catching up to Nvidia in terms of GPU quality?

What exactly is it that prevents AMD from catching up to Nvidia in terms of GPU quality?

Attached: 1533989591123.png (561x686, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2yTOst_6tHw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Jews

Patents and Nvidia's technologies being all closed-source, as well as Nvidia bribing developers to include said technologies in new games.

money
or the lack there of

Attached: $.png (1268x353, 48K)

>GPU quality
Matching 1.7% yelds? WTF.

fpbp

That didn't stop them from catching up to Intel in the CPU market.

AMD are just trash at GPUs.

gpoou

AMD is a cpu company that bought a gpu company.

If gayme developers were not so fucking lazy, parallelism would already be a thing in videogames and nvidia would be having a really hard time because their architecture excels only at monolithic pipelines.

You're retarded. AMD essentially sacrificed their GPU R&D in order to focus on getting back into the CPU game (especially the enterprise sector). They do not have the resources to compete on both fronts at the same time, up against two companies that both individually dwarf them. That's why we're still stuck with the GCN architecture, which was fucking fantastic and ahead of its time back in 2011, but not so much in 2018, no matter how much they tweak it.

Now that Ryzen is done, out and set for the next five years or so, they'll veer back towards GPU development to get back into that sector.

Pooo
they just removed Pooo and i expect them to catch up soon

No one buys their shit, thus they have no r&d budget.

Attached: df.jpg (321x247, 18K)

Because AMD doesn't make GPUs. ATI does and ATI has always been a shit company. AMD has always been a top tier company. It's as simple as that. ATI will never make a good product.

Hello AdoredTV

mirin the good fight AMD is putting against giants like Incel and Nvidia.

damn even with so little money AMD is still fighting hard, i think im going full AMD in my next pc

/thread
t
h
r
e
a
d

fpbp this is what I thought when I read the OP from the catalog.

Boss lady allocated 70%+ of AMD resources to Navi. Poo in the Loo left to Intel to get them to license out and finish Vega to be released in 2020.

2020 INTEL GPU SUPERPOOWER LOL

>using 2017's net income

10% performance difference means 90% vs 10% marketshare.

Market is irrational and always goes for top end, even if its by 1% because it means having top of the line product as a status symbol.

Not a single novidia got remotely close to vega 64's 2100h/s on cryotonight
>muh gaymes
Kys

I dont think they're incredibly far apart for mid level GPUs
Nvidia has a nice software suite though

>ATI has always been a shit company.
are you too young to remember the HD5870 vs. GTX 480 holocaust?

The fact that all good engineers are working on Ryzen, and RTG is left full with retards and autists.

They used to be very, very competitive 5-10 years ago. Remember the HD5000 and HD7000 series? They were actually beating Nvidia in both performance and price per perfomance on a regular basis.

You know what happened in early 2013? Raja Koduri came back to AMD after Apple fired him for incompetence. What happened since he returned? AMD lost their competitiveness. Their GCN architecture failed to improve for 5 years. Vega was an abysmal failure. Then AMD also fired this worthless faggot. They are basically 5 years back from where they should be thanks to this dumbass pajeet. Hopefully things will get better now that he's gone.

Attached: raja2.jpg (500x335, 39K)

A lack of jewish tricks

nvidia aren't complete incompetent retards like intel are and don't squander their massive rnd budget lead.

Shieet bro those were the days.

?
Hawaii and Polaris were good.
Also no one bought 7k due to >muh pricing.

>tfw no stronger than me onee-san whos perma bored because I can never perform like her but she's still ok with me existing around her to keep her motivated.

You're a retard

AMD focuses on game technology instead of game experience.

They end up with half baked shit and under-supported features as a result.

Hawaii was the last good GPU AMD made and that shit is from 2013, yet it's still faster than the offerings on the shelf in 2018 (Vega is not on the shelf).

5 years of nothing sort of loses profits.

Am I wrong to think that AMD still and has ever provided the most cost effective mid range GPUs?

Pajeets
Inferior genetics

I WAS firmly AMD only since Nvidia killed 3DFX.
R9 290 will be my last GPU, but I still got a ryzen.

Now that 1080s are dropping in price, I'll likely get one of those.

Drivers, especially on Linux.

Damn I wish that were me

2017 was 6 years ago and a lot has changed

And did gaymers buy Hawaii or did they vote with their wallets and support Team Green?

Last I heard AMD has better open source drivers.

I bought hawaii after miners were done with it. It's an excellent miner and gamer chip.

Eliminating the 4 triangle per clock front end geometry bottleneck in GCN and nothing else.

They are halfway there by getting rid of king Pajeet.

Now they just need to invest in the engineering and software. Nvidia jewry will be their downfall just like it was at Intel.

>Less than 1% of the income
>Still manages to anally ravage Intel with Threadripper.
Holy shit. Rooting for the underdog has never been this easy before.

My old PC has HD6970 - it's still fairly decent even now.

GPUs are for games, stop pretending they aren't.
>Still acting smug about your dead pretend money meme
lol give up, it's over.

>lol give up, it's over.

>ATI will never make a good product.
lol Radeon 9700 pro

Attached: 1533340958989.jpg (998x1199, 265K)

Teach me, gramps.

No. If game devs made parallel stuff, Nvidia would make parallel friendly designs. They make what they do because that's what's needed to run real world workloads.

Nvidia might have just given them a chance with these god awful new cards.
Hopefully AMD was working on something while nvidia was fucking around with GIGGAGAYS.

Attached: oyveyman.jpg (1130x1062, 313K)

AMD is currently looking to fill 8000+ new engineering positions. Give it a couple of years

from the article:
>We have multiple reports on the performance of the new cards with RTX enabled and the game ran at around 50-60 FPS on average on a single GPU
youtube.com/watch?v=2yTOst_6tHw
I'm sure they're being honest about the other part though

We have two brand new api that reduce all the crap and spaghetti code introduced with prior versions of directX and OpenGL which also helps nvidia and amd because now they don't need to extensively fix the devs' shit by issuing driver updates.

Those new api also excel at parallelism but Nvidia is marketing raytracing while completely ignoring dx12/vulkan and parallelism. yeah that seems right.

why the fuck would a publicly traded company pay attention to basic features of a universally available api when they could add on something totally new, different, and proprietary? are we not living in dlibert-land?

$AMD long here, bought at $1.90
God bless you, Lisa Su. Keep giving 'em hell

Attached: 1437146258022.gif (314x314, 319K)

Isn't the Nvidia chink Lisa su's uncle?

god i wish that was me

That is fucking super duper impressive.

Attached: 1534673223533.gif (500x400, 999K)

Why is nvidia better at heavily parallelized machine learning then?
Protip: nvidia is fine for concurrency, it is just inferior for certain crypto algos due to architecture and memory bandwidth issues.

Those thighs are god-tier