Cheap laptop for programming

>read title

alright, does anyone have a recommendation for a very very very very cheap notebook/netbook for just simple developing stuff on the go? would use it with linux, needs to have 4GB ram if possible and a CPU thats not shit, GPU is irrelevant for me. any advice?

Attached: think.jpg (125x113, 2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/corna/me_cleaner/wiki/me_cleaner-status
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Go to thinkpad general. That's what you're looking for.

What this guy sais or just buy an x220 and coreboot it

thinkpad

Thinkpad, Elitebook/Probook, Latitude are good

>Pick a Chromebook with the specs that you want.
>Throw Linux on it.
Done.

>16gb internal
gross

You're on Jow Forums so everyones gonna recommend a Thinkpad which are actually really good machines for the price. Look for the /tpg/ post or go to the wiki and look for the post on thinkpads. That'll help out

You literally can not go wrong with a Thinkpad x220.

That's why they make SD cards.

thinkpad x230 up to 16 of ram

Yeah, you really need more than 4GB of RAM when all you'll be doing is running a text editor, maybe an interpreter and occasionally using a compiler.
You're a fucking fool.

OP, get a Thinkpad X220.

That's even worse.

Attached: 1529525393761.png (904x401, 646K)

>muh x220 doesn't support 16gb
>what is coreboot
stop spreading fake news faggot

when did i say the x220 didnt support 16gb?
and you can coreboot a x230
also if you want to debate which thinkpad is better, the x230 has.
Better screen
better cpu
less temps
less weight
and the x220:
better keyboard if you are an autistic fat fingers american

sd cards have a lifespan of like a week

You're so full of shit. First off, the x220 weighing more indicates that it is OF HIGHER QUALITY & LIKELY TO WITHSTAND MORE ABUSE.
You CANNOT neuter ME on the x230 like you can on the x220. The libreboot development team is WORKING on getting it COMPLETELY disabled on the x220, not the x230.
You DO NOT need a better revision of the Intel i7.
Less temps? Last I checked the x220 is using a superior copper cooling system... and doesn't even get hot.

You could also use something like s3 and mount it as a filesystem

im going to ignore the first sentence because it looks like a bait, it has to be
iidk what you are talking about in the second sentence pls grammar
You DO NOT know shit about my life or for what i use my pc for or how powerful my pc needs to be
Well, you checked wrong, try harder (and it dosnt matter if the x220 get too hot or not, but still gets hotter than x230)

Attached: 1533210125739.gif (252x204, 300K)

Thinkpad helix or x220. x220 is cheaper by about 40 burgerbux and is modular, but the helix is more aesthetic, has a touchpad, and smaller.

Good luck.

why would you recommend the Helix? is ARM shit

Some people actually go outside with their laptops and don't have a box fan and power outlet to keep their i7 from going nuclear/dying.

>tfw my thinkpad x230 only hits 65c under full load
lmao so is a poor man version of a real laptop, i gotcha

>65c
>on your lap
Do you want to have kids ever?

normal people dont have the cpu directly touching their laps, there is usually some milimeters of air + some milimeters of hard plastic + the heatsink already dispercing 40% of the heat
idk if your shitty 20$ laptop dosnt have a case or a heatsink, i wish you luck, get a job

no im a crossdressing faggot

>samefagging this hard and late

HAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

Attached: ass.png (710x172, 17K)

>implying

Attached: Quick Reference.png (800x600, 12K)

Old thinkpad. Or like the cheapest new one from the E series.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: ass.png (832x64, 7K)

Modded bios w/whitelist disabled or coreboot

>he pays more for the muh tablet meme
>he cant use it as a tablet because of the cpu burning his fingers
also, stop being so poor and get a real laptop, if you ever had a laptop you will know, the heat goes to the sides and the back, the heat dosnt go down.

trying this hard to defend your poor man "laptop"

Attached: ass.png (630x136, 10K)

Attached: ass.png (724x414, 31K)

Don't buy the fucking i7 version then.
Mine sits at a comfy 60c.

Also it wouldn't surprise me if it got hot while playing games. Its not supposed to play games, its built for productivity.

>he buys the inferior version
>still gets 5c less than a x3 faster real laptop
also
60c on your fingers? you cant masturbate with burnt fingers and no female is going to do it for you

>minesweeper gets your "laptop" at 70c
>poor fags will defend this
oh, you already did

>implying im not gay
better than paying 2000 for an epic rebublic of gaymen craptop thats 20 pounds and has fans that could propel a boat for thirty seconds before the battery dies.

when did i talk about gaming laptops? im talking about the thinkpad x230 the pinnacle of price/performance and durability also temps

so yeah, nice strawman you got there, try a little harder
and having to compare your "laptop" to a gaming laptop to make it look "not so bad" is just sad

x220 with debian

For 150~ burgerbux the helix is a good ultrabook. You can't argue with this.

I have an HP 11 g4
Im thinking of putting galliumos on it but im worried the hardware will be a limitation. Can you swap the ssd?

>You're so full of shit.
No u
>First off, the x220 weighing more indicates that it is OF HIGHER QUALITY & LIKELY TO WITHSTAND MORE ABUSE.
Same chassis. Same parts. You could swap every part of a X220 on to a X230
>You CANNOT neuter ME on the x230 like you can on the x220. The libreboot development team is WORKING on getting it COMPLETELY disabled on the x220, not the x230.
github.com/corna/me_cleaner/wiki/me_cleaner-status
>You DO NOT need a better revision of the Intel i7.
It's called I want a gpu that doesn't choke on it's own spit when I try to watch 1080p or better vids or when I try use a monitor that's high res than 1080p. I think you've never head about it
>Less temps? Last I checked the x220 is using a superior copper cooling system... and doesn't even get hot.
Are you literally high on your own farts? They're literally use the exact same part.

Attached: Cooling-fan-for-IBM-thinkpad-X220-X220I-x230-CPU-fan-with-heatsink-NEW-genuine-X220-laptop.jpg_640x6 (640x640, 75K)

>t. Bought a dead 9 cell that does not hold any charge and though this was normal
I think you should buy a new battery