Jow Forums, what's your favorite linux distro that not only looks nice as hell...

Jow Forums, what's your favorite linux distro that not only looks nice as hell, but also can be used practically for modern daily use?

Attached: 1534833034857.png (700x529, 241K)

dragonfly bsd

Linux distros don't look like anything. The desktop environment or window manager provides the look and feel, along with a GUI toolkit like GTK+ or Qt. You can build your own themes if you aren't a total retard. A window manager theme consists of image files that make up the window borders and buttons, as well as images for highlighted or pressed buttons. A theme rc file can specify the order of buttons, where the title text goes, the alignment, etc. GTK+ widgets are similar. For all themes you name your image files something specific, like "top-left-corner". This stuff is detailed in the developer documentation for all window manager and GUI toolkits.

Attached: Screenshot_20180820_200606.png (1280x1024, 221K)

Linux mint

Debian.

>Linux distro
>looking nice
Are you retarded? The GUI is handled by the DM, WM, and DE. A distro isn't designed to "look" like anything. I imagine you're thinking of a distro that comes with a DM, WM, or DE that looks nice - but these can be installed and interchanged between distros pretty comfortably.

If you're looking for a nice out of the box install, I'd recommend solus or something I guess. But if you're looking for something like in your picture, you're not going to achieve that without a robust amount of rice.
Tldr; stop being a fag

Font on the title bars ?

Helvetica Bold Oblique size 11

Not linux (however its binary compatible with linux, which is extremely nice)

Deepin.

Since I know it well arch has been the most stable distro for me. Being able to have only what I need is nice. And if you mean looks wise you're thinking of desktop environments, which kde is really good or xfce for lowends

Mate
Mint
Lubuntu

Good luck changing window manager, file manager, or menu bar without fucking up megabytes of scripts used to stitch those things together. May the Lord watch over you while crawling through myriad of nodes of conf files brought forward by careless mash of the different looks together.

gentoo unironically

Attached: scrot5.jpg (600x450, 268K)

Gentoo

OSX

retard

>Good luck changing window manager, file manager, or menu bar without fucking up megabytes of scripts
Imagine being this insanely incompetent

what is this? is it practical? it's cute as fuck

Damn you're dumb

>I'd recommend solus
fuck off Kevin

> megabytes of scripts used to stitch those things together

Slackware.

Been using solus for over a year now. Budgie is probably the nicest DE out there.

ubuntu

>muh stitched together scripts
You fucking what? I made that theme with one GTK+ theme, one xfwm4 theme, one icon and one cursor theme, a wallpaper, some fonts, and less than 100 lines of dot file edits.

Retarded nigger faggot.

Attached: courageous.jpg (1200x1200, 58K)

/thread

DE is CDE, Common Desktop Environment. It was the standard for years on Unix workstations so I assume it's practical enough (or at least was back then). It's been ported to a few distributions and does in fact look comfy as hell so I will probably try it on my next install.

What the fuck am I looking at

Windows 10 w/ WSL.