/ag/&/am/: audio general & audiophile shills

How does this image make you feel?

Attached: polk_signarture_series_component_speaker_family_001-(1).jpg (1300x867, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

simplyspeakers.com/acoustic-research-replacement-midrange-12100103.html
finn.no/bap/forsale/ad.html?finnkode=126869953
stereophile.com/content/klipsch-palladium-p-39f-loudspeaker-measurements
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Or this?

Attached: download.jpg (318x159, 4K)

Maybe this is more your style

Attached: download (1).jpg (225x225, 6K)

>How does this image make you feel?
Like I want to puke on my vagenerooni.

Attached: wharfedale_diamond_11.jpg (790x470, 66K)

No chinese crap below this line, please.

--------------------------------------------------------

Attached: 8fd64d5fc89059fab3736f19541fca86--loudspeaker.jpg (529x499, 29K)

Attached: 045D2772-CF7F-4010-92F9-63D36A7B2F13.png (1024x485, 777K)

Sony new vinyl pressing plant

Attached: IMG_1621.jpg (640x524, 110K)

Attached: IMG_1622.jpg (640x418, 324K)

What a coincidence, I was just commenting to my gf right now how we should obtain more peripheral gear since more is obviously better. Pic related of my gf and I in our loft warehouse home that I took a minute ago. The soundbar is just putting out such excellent melody.

Attached: g714RSB8-o_lifestyle4.jpg (489x342, 32K)

Does the soundbar have a horn? All Klipschers have horns don't they? Is it just a vuvuzela in a box?

Attached: rb-51-1-klipsch.jpg (1375x1007, 105K)

My dear fellow! We are talking about style! Klipsch understands that good audio is entirely about looking good! Good audio is ultimately about imagination! Style over substance, appearance over capability! The most powerful acoustic organ is the Mind. The NEW Vintage brings out the highest fidelity through Nostalgia! The ultimate speaker doesnt need real components! It must only give the impression of sounding good -- AND THEN IT WILL!

Attached: f5288b82361fb5d879ba7cb9dbf3c9d1.jpg (1024x765, 145K)

Just got my first Hi-Fi™ speakers (Wharfedale 11.1), and was wondering how they should be placed in my room? How far away should the back be from the wall? Heard some people talking about putting egg cartons behind the speakers to make the bass sound better, is this right?

Attached: guttagutta.jpg (471x960, 76K)

RREEEEEEEEE

RREEEEEEEEE

OW MY EARS OW OW

WHY DO I NEED ALL THIS MY ROOM IS ONLY 10X16

WOULD

Attached: what in the fuck.png (1003x711, 527K)

didn't realize the pic would be rotated, here, fixed it.

Attached: gutta.png (930x456, 637K)

egg cartons will do basically nothing. get them ear level, play with toe in to see what gets the imaging best, and away from the wall more

10x6?

You're gonna need floorstanders for a room that big

Attached: tan.jpg (580x428, 44K)

Attached: nigger.png (1010x783, 24K)

Looks like cheap shit
Looks like cheaper shit
Horn-design looks terrible
I know they make good speakers at least.
Looks like the cheapest crap ever
Feelings has a lot to do with selecting gear
Go big or go home
Wrong.

Attached: 1534882926003.png (1010x783, 14K)

Thanks user

>sub quit working
>contact klipsch
>they send me a new amplifier
>sub still doesn't work
>they're sending me a new subwoofer speaker
>have yet to find a single repair guide for it
Should I just take it to a certified Klipsch dealer and have them fix it once the replacement comes in?

speaker will just be two leads, it will be an easy swap. if that doesn't fix it then yeah just have them deal with it. I mean by that point you'll have replaced every part.

nice balanced set up

so i may soon be getting a moving coil cartridge for my turntable and i need help with my setup.

I have a old Rotel RX-604 receiver with a regular MM pre amp. So can i just by a step up transformer and hook it directly into my phono pre amp, or do i buy a MC pre amp and just hook it up to my Aux input?

Just bought a whole set of XLR cables from monoprice. Thought you'd like to know Jow Forums

The heritage one does. Has 3 actually because for LCR. Source: saw it in person at Klipsch facility

Klipsch sub amps have an unlimited number of problems and I don't understand why. Tjats the only Klipsch I would avoid

How do THIS make you feel?

Attached: 6ZFnD.png (999x752, 304K)

I want wireless audio in my house. What do you guys think of Sonos? Is there a better option for wireless audio?

I'd rather have this than that fancy boomer garbage.

Attached: z906 true masterrace.jpg (4032x3024, 1.22M)

How much is a sonos kit

Anyone know where to get an AR-9 upper midrange speaker? AR themselves don't bother keeping stock around and the ebay roulette seems cancer.

My actual boomer father wants to relive the days of the 80's back when they worked.

Attached: file.png (1000x861, 291K)

you should probably call Rotel on this one

thanks

what am i looking at

go to a dealer and have him demo it for you

do you mean just the driver?
pic related

if you like them thats all that matters

Attached: 1176832-oem-great-condition-original-ar9-speaker-towers-all-woofers-have-been-refoamed-by-parts-expr (1100x825, 572K)

yeah just the driver; the woofers need foam too apparently but its less of an issue. The main problem is that the driver cone itself has a dent in it, he's tried everything to get the dent out, so if you've got a suggestion for that it'd help too.

(your pic doesn't have the cloth covers on)

Should've posted this here instead of it's own thread: Anyone here have Polk S15's? Are they too big (depth-wise they are 10.2") for using at a computer desk?

Attached: 919vkTH1SjL._SX425_.jpg (425x319, 17K)

simplyspeakers.com/acoustic-research-replacement-midrange-12100103.html

this place or madison sound
good luck

Attached: 12100103-6.jpg (1280x960, 77K)

Attached: studio-monitor-wall-mount-bracket-lovely-keep-these-s15-speaker-mounts-polk-audio-of-studio-monitor- (3024x4032, 1.94M)

I wanna have a nice setup 5.1 preferably to watch movies on. I already got my amp.

Budget is about 225€ and i live in belgium.

I dont really care if its used or not .

whats the amp

Attached: eess.jpg (1000x664, 93K)

A sony

renting so don't want to wall mount :(

we dont know how big your desk is or what you have on it
you could always put a shoebox on the desk as a mock up
or get stands

plebs

Attached: 1520222571956.jpg (1080x810, 549K)

Sonos is really good. The integration and the control is great, they also sound surprisingly good. Don't bother with the play:3 or play:5 the One and Play:1 are great.

timestamp

>center channel with tiny drivers
Doing it wrong.

christmas

for me, it's vaporwave on vintage tapes.
just got a 3-head Denon and this little guy, shit is absolutely radical.

Attached: DSCF0112.jpg (3072x2304, 2.18M)

I have 5.1 with smaller but good quality speakers in my office setup. Is an upgrade to 6.1 or 7.1 even worth the effort of upgrading amplifier and finding a somewhat matching speaker?

enjoy your placebo "fidelity".

no

Still overkill, but then you look each stack and there is a different guitar per. Becomes more reasonable. Lots of boxes for a four mix. Would still be fun to mix though. The top cabinet without a mic is just a waste. Unless they're totally deaf and use it for additional monitoring

>Unless they're totally deaf and use it for additional monitoring
they absolutely are
the stage is louder than you can ever imagine and unless it's a huge open air every sensible foh engineer would leave all the guitar channels way the fuck down and try to somehow make the vocals audible over that mess
I mean being a drone-y feedback-y super loud mess is the point after all, but you sure don't need a PA for that in most cases

Get on my level poorfag

Attached: 810_Ultimate_layout_810.jpg (810x306, 39K)

Attached: 6a00d8341c5dea53ef017d407a0f20970c-600wi.png (600x586, 367K)

Is this the place to ask about mics and audio interfaces or are you guys just all about speakers and cable risers and audio crystals.

What about this?

finn.no/bap/forsale/ad.html?finnkode=126869953

~$30,500

Attached: 953_1527363422.jpg (960x720, 96K)

the latter

Terrible horn design on the Klipsch.
McIntosh is nice as hell.

>palladium
>bad

Attached: 1305225075813.jpg (400x400, 37K)

The horn for the tweeter and midrange is of a bad design. Cabin seem somewhat resonant and the timing seems somewhat off.
stereophile.com/content/klipsch-palladium-p-39f-loudspeaker-measurements

When playing digital music into my receiver to speakers, does it matter if the AUX is connected to my phone, or from my computer if I am just streaming it anyway? Is the audio quality from my phone any worse than my onboard sound card in my computer?

Also is the FLAC meme real?

Attached: kbskk.png (255x308, 147K)

Can you connect your receiver digitally to your computer? Via coaxial, toslink or HDMI?

Im placing my speakers on my desk and need to isolate them. Do these metal spike things do the trick?

Attached: 61uqiB5LitL._SL1500_[1].jpg (1500x984, 73K)

Depends on the equipment. Phone might be better noise wise, since it is running off a battery. The aux out of your sound card might be pretty compromised. The best thing to do is connect your computer digitally from your computer to receiver.

FLAC is not a meme. I've done some A/B testing on my own. I'm able to tell the difference between FLAC and 320, 320 and 256v0 I can't. So I encode mp3s for travel as 256v0, and listen at home with FLAC.

For background music 256 is probably fine.

No. Spikes leads the vibrations away from the speaker into the surface. What you want is something soft that will absorb the vibrations.

No, those will couple the speaker to the desk. You want something soft like a mousepad to put them on, or buy something purpose built for decoupling. IsoAcoustics and Auralex have options.

Thanks guys, something like this? Or do I need those big foam pads.

Attached: 71FVmE8jVfL._SL1500_[1].jpg (1500x1200, 137K)

Are those rubber or similar? It looks like hard plastic. Depends how big the speakers are, basically the amplitude of the vibrations. If they are small bookshelves those should be fine.

I dont have any of those outputs on my computer, except for HDMI. I know HDMI also can do audio, but isn't it mainly for video?

Is using Coaxial and toslink better? Can I buy a soundcard with those outputs?

> The best thing to do is connect your computer digitally from your computer to receiver.

So what is the definition of connection digitally? Doesn't AUX cables count as digital connection?

What if I run it out of my Focusrite 2i2 DI? I'm pretty sure my audio is less compromised through that. The only problem I see is that I then have two amplifiers (the one in the 2i2 and the one in the receiver), which I suppose is kind of stupid

(im new to this so excuse my autism)

They're called gel isolation pads, they say they offer excellent isolation, but also claim they're made from an elastomer that 'permits coupling', seems contradictory?

>Doesn't AUX cables count as digital connection?
If they are digital. Lots of stereo analog aux.

>Focusrite 2i2 DI
Should be fine. you don't have two amplifiers as the term is generally used. There are two gain stages, which are typically made of operational amplifiers, which are amplifiers but that's not what you mean and that's not a problem.

Toslink is best because it electronically isolates the hardware from each other. Yes you can buy a soundcard or a usb audio device that has an optical output, and if your receiver is good and has a toslink input then you should go that way.

Is Opus 192 worth the bloat? Should I use 160 or even 128 instead?

do modern amplifiers use the better digital potentiometers or do they still use the shitty analog ones that wear out after few years of use and require soldering to replace? those things are so bad that they should be connected with a cable

opus sounds terrible even at highest possible bitrate and i tried it on a really cheap android phone with 10€ iems and a shitty fiio amp.

1. Depends
2. There are very very good analog potentiometers, and there are very very poor digital volume controls. (alps blue velvet, TKD 2CP range, then the whole stepped attenuator with metal film resistors thing)
3. I know the ones you are talking about, those things suck donkey dick, but no one uses that technology anymore.

Ask away, there are a few of us who do pro audio work.

>opus sounds amazing even at low bitrates and i tried it on a really cheap android phone with 10€ iems and a shitty pc mobo

Yes I been here before, but I am still not sure about it:
I am looking to buy a sound interface for an XLR microphone and my Beyerdynamics 990Pro. The XLR Microphone is mainly used for vocal recording either at my PC or out in the field with a camera.
I narrowed my choice down to the Behringer UMC22 and MIC500USB. Both have a similar price point and a metal housing. Does anyone have further input as to what their key differences are?
The MIC500USB seems to have Tubes and I know Jow Forums fucking loves tubes for some reason.
Also for some reason, I am absolutely bothered by the inputs not being on the front of the device.

it adds some codec noise to the sound that makes it identifiable

> There are two gain stages, which are typically made of operational amplifiers
What should my gain be through my 2i2 then? I imagine it will get distorted if I put it on too high

Yeah no

it adds the metal sound of a really low bitrate mp3 but on all bitrates instead of just the lower

The 2i2 has balanced line outputs in the back, that's what you want to use. You should use a 1/4" TRS to RCA cable to get each channel into an analog RCA input on your receiver. This signal will be a little low ~12dB lower than what you would get from a consumer analog output but it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

cont. The "monitor" knob on the front should be set about half way and go from there.