So i acquired did obtain one of these bad boys but don't know what to do with

So i acquired did obtain one of these bad boys but don't know what to do with
what kind of Linux shenanigans can i try on it
Model is B+
>throw it in the bin
maybe

Attached: Piece of shit.jpg (1255x842, 552K)

Other urls found in this thread:

libre.computer/
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi
github.com/thibmaek/awesome-raspberry-pi
github.com/blackout314/awesome-raspberry-pi
github.com/samyk/awesome-raspberrypi
tour.golang.org
aliexpress.com/store/product/New-Orange-Pi-Zero-H2-Quad-Core-Open-source-512MB-development-board-beyond-Raspberry-Pi/1553371_32761500374.html
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>>throw it in the bin
You could probably get a tenner for it on gumtree, m8

pi-hole
block the botnet, ads, tracking and any domain you want, including update.microsoft.com

Make a private tracker or web server??

You need to actually be good at engineering and electronics to make things which accounts for 0.0005% of the people that actually buy pi's...

>Setup local file server for backups
>Plex media server/Kodi
>Dns server
>IDS
>Jump station to access stuff on your internal network

Thats some things I've used my Pi for.

looking into it
another thought was setting it up as softSPS but im all out of ideas what to do with.
Or maybe a climate logger

Use it for a webserver.

Anything that needs to run 24/7 but uses few enough resources that a low-power, passively cooled SBC is better than a fully fledged home server.

what is a better alternative to a raspi3 for about the same cash?Are these anylibre.computer/ any good?

Jesus are we having this thread /again/?

Ok, things you can do with a Raspberry Pi:
Hifi audio server for bitperfect playback, without any mechanical noise from hard disk spins or fans. Look into Volumio for a prepackaged distro, or 24bit96.com for how to build it yourself from scratch.
Turn it into a docker server to store files and generally learn how both docker and networking work, always a useful skill.
Set up a personal internet facing server to learn security, have it host files or be a mail server as well
Install Pihole and have a network-wide adblocker that speeds up browsing
Turn it into a Tor exit node and/or a bridge for Tor connections to both learn how Tor works and secure yourself to a higher degree.
Use it as an IRC bot, or any kind of bot for that matter.
Turn it into a seedbox to always be seeding torrents for private trackers.
Plug in a camera and hide it somewhere for security (or to spy on roasties)
Hide it in a public place and scan for handshakes on wifi networks.
Use it as a general playground for new shit like distros (arch, gentoo) or possible alterations to distros you want to test run before applying to a more important device, if you lack a laptop for that already.

>Plug in a camera and hide it somewhere for spy ha, that actually was the previous use case

if you have to ask Jow Forums this question, you are likely not capable of much shenanigans with it

>what is a better alternative
in what respect?

better network, performance, respects my freedom?

Rock64
Odroid C2 (though I prefer the rock64)
Probably others desu, raspi is pretty overpriced for what it is

host a website, im really considering buying one just to host websites and learn html (i prefer a raspberry over a real server because of the power consuption, in my country i can get way better ARM server at the same price but it also consumes way more electricity and in my country the electricity isnt cheap)

Attached: Pingu.gif (270x300, 95K)

>what is learning new stuff
hardest part is finding something that grabs your interest

again, if this is something you need to be told by someone on Jow Forums what is interesting, you're probably not really capable of any shenanigans with it

go shit up another thread

1. Get a raspberry pi
2. Install a minimal linux distro on it, make sure to really only install the bare basics
3. Install X and mame
4. Install the ROMs for the apollo workstation
5. Boot the apollo vm, install the OS from tape
6. Set up mame to automatically launch the vm after the pi boots
7. Use it as your redpilled retro workstation

why do you hate the truth so much?

shove it up your ass

>Hide it in a public place and scan for handshakes on wifi networks.

Why would you do that?

>go to public bathroom of building you want wifi access to
>leave Pi in tiled ceiling with battery pack attached to GPIO pins
>have it monitor for handshakes and save them to a USB
>come back a day later and take the USB to a machine with GPU's to crack any handshakes it's sniffed

meant for

Why do you retards keep on buying raspis when you don't have a use for it?
Consumerism was a mistake.

You know you don t have to wait that long. Send some deauth packages and you re done

Make a bot that reposts this thread every day

do you not know what acquire means or not know what obtain one means?
seems like you said the same thing twice

get into 3d printing and install octopi on it

The Pi would be spitting out deauth packets the whole time, but sending one doesn't give you a handshake even most of the time. Also, if you want to go for more than one network, you need to channel hop, which adds a lot of waiting time too.

>untill you like it
yeah i fucked up the op
already have one

I have to admit you re right.

i do this, can recommend it. my websites are only portfolio websites + some gibberish, but i cut back $6 a month by just hosting it at home. nice!

i don't want to pay for a static ip so i still need to get a dynamic dns service, and with three domains, that's $1 per month, + domains.

>pi with battery pack
good luck, that shit pulls a lot of power

Yea I haven't looked into the specifics of power consumption and what you'd need, but I'd imagine with some chunky batteries and restricting the Pi to the bare essentials, perhaps customizing the kernel, it could be done long enough to get some handshakes.

If you get a pi zero you can probably do 1 day with 5 or so samsung 18650's

unironically install gentoo
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi

solar power it with ur dik

Mine runs for 36hours straight, streaming VGA video, on a 20000mAh battery. Most of the power is used by the fan.

Make a small webserver
run a comfy imageboard from it

>acquire did obtain
polish your bots cia niggers

I really like the look of the board there. I'll pick it up if I ever need a real server, it's basically a laptop.

>20000mAh
yea so.. 10x 18650's

If you didn't already have an idea of what you wanted to do beforehand then you're a retard for buying it anyway. You're supposed to buy one when you have something you really want to make, you don't buy one for no reason.

Get an Intel Movidius stick and do some deep learning on it.

Use it as a mini desktop computer. A lack of resources prevents heavy multitasking and makes you more efficient. It's just powerful enough to listen to a podcast while you browse the web or do office stuff.

Not really, without any power-hungry accessories attached my 3B eats up to 1A with heavy (all cores fully loaded) CPU load, in normal operation with pi-hole it uses 0.3-0.5A.

Step 1. Get a Alfa AWUS051NH
Step 2. Connect it to the pi.
Step 3. Get 3 20000mAh Anker power banks.
Step 4. Use the power banks to power the pi.
Step 5. Get pic related.
Step 6. Connect pic related to the Alfa and the Alfa to the pi.
Step 7. Hide them in a laptop bag.
Step 8. SSH into the pi.
Step 9. Start aircrack-ng.
Step 10. Fun.

Attached: big-fucking-cunt.jpg (800x800, 23K)

there are whole lists of projects you can do with RPIs:
github.com/thibmaek/awesome-raspberry-pi
github.com/blackout314/awesome-raspberry-pi
github.com/samyk/awesome-raspberrypi

this, but DIY: learn to use dnsmasq and automate the process of downloading lists. that's it, your own pihole.

also, suggestion: if you want to make your own tools for it, learn Go: tour.golang.org

orange pi zeros are much cheaper, if that's something you are looking for:
aliexpress.com/store/product/New-Orange-Pi-Zero-H2-Quad-Core-Open-source-512MB-development-board-beyond-Raspberry-Pi/1553371_32761500374.html