Windows 3.1 required only 1MB of RAM, which is about the size of Conrad's Nostromo

Windows 3.1 required only 1MB of RAM, which is about the size of Conrad's Nostromo.

Attached: win31-1-1.png (640x480, 7K)

It was also barely an OS at all.

The AdLib music card was basically a full synthesizer squeezed on a card. Modern sound cards on the other hand are nothing more than dumb DACs.

Attached: adlib soygr.jpg (1920x1080, 282K)

Kids these days... Will never use a REAL computer....
*crack* *glugglugglug*
*ahh*

Attached: PDP-12_VR14_LAP6-DIAL.jpg (2448x3264, 829K)

Modern synthesizers are dumb DACs.

Something about this meme's implementation seems increasingly defensive.

Win 3.1 is like a super distilled mini version of win95, in the sense that the program manager contains just a few of the features of the windows start menu, such as accessories, start up, games, etc. Thats really all it is, and a file manager. Its rather comfy.

It's horrible.

classic boomer cope

why

this has been your random factoid for the day.

t. Shitposter

no taskbar
no persistent clock

Fair enough. For the time period, System 7 was vastly superior.

What's the point of a taskbar if there's no tasks?

>1MB OS
>31MB Printer driver

That beautiful font rendering

No, other way around.
It's the young retards that are defensive in their ignorance where everything just works without them know how or why.

What I hate most about "just works" is that it does, until it doesn't, and neither you nor anyone else can ever say why.

its also shit compared to any modern OS

>and neither you nor anyone else can ever say why.
Maybe you can't fix it.
I actually grew up using DOS, then Win3, 3.1, 3.11 then moved on to NT4.0, 98, 98SE, Win2000 AD, WS 2003, WS 2008, W7U/E, W10E.
Nothing "just works", knowing how is what you should do before relying on it.

My point was more that in making things that "just work" they made everything so complex that no one really knows why it mostly works, and why it then doesn't.

Fap fap fap

I see.
It works more and more now that they try to limit power users from doing their work by hiding configuration settings behind "not scary buttons".

Like Apple, the king of dumbing down their user base.