Every night, the average Spaniard can turn his $20 radio on, and he will have access to all these foreign stations...

Every night, the average Spaniard can turn his $20 radio on, and he will have access to all these foreign stations. This only includes European stations (there are countless other stations from outside Europe that can also be heard here).

He doesn't need an internet connection.

He doesn't need a smartphone.

He doesn't even need electricity. A radio can be powered with two AA batteries that can last a year, with a solar panel, a hand crank, or even with no power at all, just using the power of the radio waves.

This technology was created 173 years ago.

Take that, technofags.

Attached: europa_radio.png (1159x948, 249K)

shortwave internet when

Who even listens to radio anymore?

>he will have access to all these foreign stations

elaborate

The map is a mix of the foreign stations that can be heard in Spain in the four European radio bands (FM, SW, MW and LW).

>groot nieuws radio

wie?

Only used by tourists I assume.

They are transmitting on the Netherlands with a 100kW transmitter in Flevoland. Depending on your location in Europe, you can tune into 1008 kHz and hear it very clearly.

>he thinks modern FM radio was created 173 years ago

>He thinks FM radio is suitable for long-distance reception

But why would I want to do that if I can listen to BNR instead?

Not him but shouldn't FM be more suitable for long distance than AM if it used the same wavelength?
Since it's at max amplitude all the time.

Their FM band doesn’t last to Spain so youll need a DAB+ radio which is not $20 to listen to it in Spain

AM signals can change direction without suffering from Doppler effect so you can bounce them off the Ionosphere

Radio 4 and World Service are the same station.

>Ionosphere
Read that as lonosphere, lol.

But I didn't know that, makes sense, thanks.

My point is nobody wants to listen to some obscure channel.

No, the World Service I am referring to is the shortwave transmission coming from Ascension Island. In southern Europe, it's as clear as a local AM station.

Do they all broadcast in English or what?
Surely you don't speak Manx, Gaelic, Dutch, French, Italian, Turkish, Arabic, and Romanian, right?

All the French stations transmit in French (well, RFI has an hour in English in the mornings). The same applies to the stations from northern Africa. There are in fact like six really strong stations in Arabic on AM, but since I don't understand Arabic, I don't know what they are.

In the United Kingdom, every radio station is in English. Manx is dead and Irish is almost dead, so they are not used for transmissions.

The Italian stations are in Italian. The Dutch one is in Dutch. Romania and Turkey are multilanguage. Depending on the frequency you tune to, they are available in almost every major Western language.

I speak English, Spanish and Catalan. Once you listen for a while, you can get used to French and Italian if you really make the effort to understand them. I don't understand a word of Dutch, though, but the station is there.

This

>listening to the radio
oh no how ever will I recover

Do the math on the Shannon limit. It would be incredibly slow. Not to mention you would have to dedicate a greater part of the bandwidth in redundancy so you can do error correction. Did I mention the internet work both ways? You would need a somewhat strong transmitter, which would be expensive and bothersome. But I'm pretty sure it has been done before. The idea is really simple

By using web SDR you can tune in any one of these right now for free.

>$800+
>Monthly internet bill
>A new computer every three or four years bc of programmed obsolescense
>"Free"

Oops

>$800+

That should be:

>$800+ computer

>Països Catalans
>Spaniard
Tens que anar-hi enrrere Manolo

What the fuck is the point of the European Union without a universal language? You can freely roll across borders at will, exchange goods and services with a ubiquitous currency, but can't reliably communicate with any and every citizen aside from crude grunts and gesticulations? Fucking failure of a union.

>Romania multilanguage

Wtf. Why would a Romanian station stream in a foreign language?

>Not him but shouldn't FM be more suitable for long distance than AM if it used the same wavelength?
>Since it's at max amplitude all the time.
FM is not suitable for AM wavelengths because its bandwidth is too wide.

You can listen to DAB+ with a $20 SDR though.

me

What's the point of this thread?

It's funny that you can pick up Italian and French with your Spanish (and the Catalan may be helping with French too), but can't understand any Dutch even with your English. Dutch sounds phonetically just like American English to me, but made up of silly sounding nonsense words.

You can use SDR on a raspberry pi. There are lots of places where you can get wifi for free although most people are still paying a monthly internet bill (which they would be paying regardless, it's not an added cost).

Many people in Europe speak English or another more local lingua franca.
Scandinavians don't even speak their own dialects to each other for example, despite the mutual intelligibility.

Not surprising, dutch and english are both west germanic. I was told in school that dutch is the easiest second language for a native english speaker to learn.

back again?

Attached: manoloix.png (863x638, 103K)

First is Afrikaans iirc so that makes sense. They get bumped down to third and fourth if you count Scots and Frisian but those are meme languages.

No one cares stupid normie.

I care. Radio is interesting to me from a technological perspective and since I live in Texas the only languages on the radio are Spanish and English.

Whatever

Attached: 1534510333035.gif (478x350, 84K)

[laughs in franco]

can you fuck off retarded sandnigger

im a fucking ginger you amerimutt/catalufo scum

>Païssos catalans
Ta mare em menja sa polla

sure manolo, its hot in sevilla, i guess you cant sleep, and since It is the only thing you know to do i suggest killing yourelf in the next siesta

look at those salty articles wow such different much mallorcan
>inb4 catalan
Im from balears you fucking spanish cock sucker

Again, as always, boomers.

Radio Romania International is one of the last remnants of the Cold War, in which every country had a propaganda station in shortwave aimed at foreign audiences. Since then, the majority of them have dissapeared, but Romania and some other countries have kept their transmissions. That's why it's multilanguage: It is intended to useful to advance Romanian interests to foreign audiences, publicizing Romanian history, culture, politics, etc.

I get radio romania sometimes on my sdr in massachusetts. what an utterly useless station.

Who said that, faggot? We speak Catalan, which has nothing to do with the Balearic Islands being Catalan. If sharing a language made people belong to the same country, Spain would be an empire.

Other countries still do that. The US has the VOA, Russia has RT. On broadcast TV, the most interesting channel to watch around here is the NHK World channel which just exists to promote Japan to rural Americans and make them forget about Pearl Harbor.

Also, Majorcans speak like if they had a dick in their mouth, fagget

Are you aware that us Balears Valencians and Catalans shared the same fucking culture until a random faggot from Galiza decided to separate Spain and now you fucking delusionals xarnegos think you owe something to the fucking mongol pro incest brother-killing crown that we have?

Because the European Union is not a country, you fucking retarded faggot. Why do burgers always think that the EU is like a second Yankeeland? Every European state is a sovereign country on its own.

>pancatalanist education

>education
>spanish

pick one

Attached: graduados-660.jpg (2745x2637, 1.51M)

>superior catalan genetics
imagine

Attached: catalan masterrace.jpg (970x597, 86K)

>repeating spanish propaganda

Sounds like some euroboomer is in denial.

>and it's all globalist multiculti soros propaganda shit

such a great technology

Radio is comfy

>He doesn't even need electricity. A radio can be powered with two AA batteries
Imagine not knowing how batteries work

Actually correct

Who needs radio when we have Jewtube?

Alex Jones has been banned from Jewtube, but there are dozens of shortwave stations transmitting his show. Checkmate jewtubers.

Who the fuck is Alex Jones

The man without surname

Most of the vocabulary in English comes from either Latin or French, it might have a germanic skeleton but you have many romance words.

Who?