Just got internet in my house for the first time

>just got internet in my house for the first time
>monthly bill for first year = $30
>monthly bill after that = $70
>mfw

Wtf? Is there any logical explanation to this other than sheer, unadulterated greed?

What's your internet service like?

Attached: 1519308397419.png (327x243, 52K)

On your last months just threaten to cancel your service they'll usually lower your bill for the next year BUT only if you have another competing service provider in your area otherwise you'll get an asshole like me who'll cancel your service and charge you for it.

I have no choice other than Comcast. I pay $80 for 400Mbps down, next year it goes up to $110, and is supposed to stay the same after that. I'm not locked into it though, I can change plans after the year if I can find anything "better".

uncapped
uncensored
net neutrality 100% respected
1Gbps symmetrical
tv
unlimited phone
ggc
high quality peerings with everyone
private video hosting
android tv device (not yet netflix certified tho but still works)
no subscription meaning I can leave whenever I want with no fees
they have a weathermap so I can see in real time the whole network state
39€/month

feels comfy for now

>Is there any logical explanation to this
Money today is more valuable than money tomorrow,
also people don't even look at their bills half the time and just pay it. It just werks, so companies keep doing it

Its called a promotion you little baby faggot. Call them and tell them you need another promotion because you cannot afford the service anymore

Family friend of mine is a Verizon exec and he hates the company because they track everything and every where you go

$69.99 for 150mbps from Comcast

set to go up another $12 next year.

Attached: 1476924383632.png (500x336, 186K)

Uncapped $70/month 1gbps

Attached: 2018-08-06 17_47_58.png (742x302, 27K)

You cancel it if they don't lower the cost then use 4G until you can get their new customer bullshit deals.

I just don't understand how they justify this.

Attached: 1437542584203.gif (300x188, 1.18M)

To go after cord cutters.

Attached: nperf.png (499x115, 16K)

i-i can take $15 off my bill if I drop back down to 60mbps

>if I can find anything

Another Comcast serf here, good luck with that.

Comcast in my area is forced to compete, makes their prices tolerable.

Attached: 2018-08-21 20_50_41.png (951x887, 49K)

It's called dominace based monopoly. Since you have no other isp options, you either oay whatever fee they want, or they cut you off.

In the u.s. this is particularly true where companies have lobbied themselves in ways that each has almost exclusive dominion over served areas. Owning a major ISPs is almost the Corporate dream in profits and control these days. And just you wait until they end the post-net neutrality honey moon period.

I just meant switching to another plan from Comcast that's tolerable. I just moved to a new apartment and the building is in bed with Comcast so I'm fucked regardless. Maybe someday I can get a decent ISP.

>baiting this hard

what's bait about it?

Attached: 1f8311903b93c89ab51a443a28afef33.png (670x257, 21K)

>get 12 months cheaper deal if you sign a minimum x month contract

Probably what you did.

it's called an oligopoly

>2017
do one now with proofs

>Comcast
>literally every single month the bill is $40 higher for no reason
>every single month, call and tell them "I'm not paying that much"
>every single month get somebody going "ok we'll credit you back the extra $40 we charged you"
They're just waiting for me to get lazy

>one month, not in the mood to deal with random price hikes
>tell the people on the phone
>"I'm going to cancel my service soon and start using AT&T"
>person on the phone actually says
>"You're not allowed to do that"

>"You're not allowed to do that"
WHAT

Attached: Screenshot_234.jpg (600x600, 26K)

Were you on spectrum? That happened to me. I cancelled that shit and got fiber instead.

It's my friend who i used to live with, I now live further south slightly, i still have access to the 2gbps if i wanted, but instead i got verizon 1gbps fiber for $70 instead.
Fuck comcast DOCSIS upload speeds.

>>"You're not allowed to do that"
Translation: I get a hefty penalty if someone cancels subscription on my call.
If I was in your situation, that would have been the straw that broke the camel's back.

200Mbps $10/month
based eastern europe

Does the termination fee vary by locale? Where I am it's 110 - 10*(number of months already paid for) for a 1 year contract. I get 400mbps for 60 dollars for 2 years with a 1 year contract (including free modem rental) and I'm going to cuck them with google fiber once the price expires (regular rate is 120).

I work for an ISP, we provide 1gbps over coax. $35.99 for 300, $49.99 for 600, and $69.99 for 1G

after a year it goes up like $10

Attached: 1533173523947.jpg (958x1024, 124K)

I get 1000mbps up/down for $85 a month with century link. No real complaints besides them spamming me about signing up for TV. I split it with my neighbors for maximum value.

i wish google was successful in their ISP venture

i got 945mbps for 17 european pesos, around 30 after a year
and with that i got of course phone and tv

Capitalism

600Mb/s symmetrical
Static IP
10Gb mobile
TV
€105/mo Spain

Serboslav here.
I'm paying the equivalent of USD $33 altogether on TV + Phone + pic related.
Unlimited of course.

Probably pretty shit but some Australian is bound to jump in seething after seeing the first part of this sentence.

Attached: 2018-08-22_104015.png (663x266, 35K)

$149.99 Canadian (so probably $10USD or w/e the exchange rate is now) for 1gbps down/10mbps up
i live in the middle of nowhere though and make my money online so it pays for itself.