Are LED light bulbs a meme?

Are LED light bulbs a meme?

Attached: led light.jpg (900x900, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29573716
itunes.apple.com/us/app/light-meter-measure-luminosity-in-lux-fc-lumen/id642285909?mt=8
cinema5d.com/tungsten-lighting-beats-led-efficiency-128/
amazon.com/E39-Lumens-5000K-Replacement-Equivalent/dp/B01C9OTN5W?th=1
youtube.com/watch?v=62NP5GThFo0
amazon.com/NGTlight-Replace-Warehouse-Workshop-AC100-277V/dp/B01JG5MDTU/
amazon.com/JACKYLED-10-Pack-Resistant-Converts-Standard/dp/B00BHKZTEY/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1534918774&sr=8-5
utwente.nl/en/news/!/2017/3/313543/electronic-energy-meters-false-readings-almost-six-times-higher-than-actual-energy-consumption
amazon.com/Replace-Filament-Vintage-Dimmable-Flicker/dp/B074K67LW4/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no

yes

Everything is a meme

yes

no

I've started using them, GE daylight bulbs. Looks more natural and brightens everything up. I've been using one in my gecko cage and its been going for a year where i would have to change a bulb in it every couple weeks. Regular bulbs kept blowing out for some reason.

i have one but i dont use it i fell for blue lgiht mem

>not using yellow light instead of daylight bulbs
absolute pleb

>not using color changing smart bulbs

What am I in for?

Attached: meme.jpg (1600x1200, 219K)

>1050 lumens
The power of the fucking sun in a small room.

It only has 10K hours. Aka, roughly a year of full time use. This is probably due to higher wattage of the LED. If you would have gotten somethin with less watt, instead of 1100 lumens, one with 700ish lumen, it would last 3-5x longer. While still being same as traditional 60w brightness.

Daily reminder that LEDS with prominent blue light content cause rapid retinal damage. Dimmable LEDs, with non-linear loads, have transformers that cause brain damage and other problems along with creating dirty electricity.

wifi also makes you sick right?

How do I calculate lumen requirements?

I typically use an 80-100watt bulb with a white glass cover, without the cover I've found 60watt to be comfortable too. I have no idea if even these are sensible for the room I'm in.

I'm considering getting LED bulbs, and since they're expensive and I'm not going to return them, I want to make sure I get the right ones.
I see a lot of watt -> lumen numbers but how do you calculate the right unit for either in any case? Is there an ideal watt/luman number that you can map to something else like distance fomr the bulb?
i.e. if a room is this size, you want this strength and this temperature, or is it all preference?

My eyes are pretty bad already and I don't want to fuck them up, even if brighter looks better in most cases.

Cheapo LEDs have terrible color stick with the classic incandescent

You can get 250 lm/w tungsten bulbs in 30 years. It's supposed to turn IR into visible light or something from MIT...

1.45 USD? You can get them to last 30k hours for ~3-4 USD

That is correct. Chronically elevated intracellular calcium will indeed make you sick. A certain subset of the population develops classical microwave sickness for unknown reasons, which mostly relates to altered mast cell behavior and compromised hypothalamic function. The adrenal pituitary axis is readily comprised. As a rough heuristic I've found this can be expected in people with green eyes and brown hair. However transduction of magnetic fields is more limited in people with blue eyes, with respect to ELF fields especially.

Just look it up yourself. And start here.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29573716
There really is too much to provide, and one is tempted to write to convince, rather than to inform. Convincing that transduction of low intensity RF is both commonplace and a normal cellular activity is on the same level as convincing someone that cells are a thing at all. You really have to just look into it for yourself. The idea that these fields are active and easily pathogenic is not a fringe idea at all, and goes way back.

got one for my room when i got tired of my flourescents blowing out every 2 months
hasn't burnt out yet. worth, except my lamp cover can't fit over the one i got so i have to just deal with a naked bulb glaring all over my room. brightest room int he house.

You can map it out ( it's based on square distance ) but each room will be different. If you want, you can use your phone to measure it. The camera has a shitty sensor but you can download an app to make use of it.

The flickering? That's from philips cheaping out...

Nice, thanks.

the quality ones at home depot are ok, get the cri >90 ones

Thread should have ended there.

itunes.apple.com/us/app/light-meter-measure-luminosity-in-lux-fc-lumen/id642285909?mt=8

There's an android version of these apps too

lux

The "X watts LED is equivalent to Y watts incandescent" like 7-10 watt or whatever LEDs being 800 lumen like 60 watt incandescent is accurate as far as light output is concerned. If you use 60 watt bulbs switching to 10 or whatever what equivalent 60 watt 800 lumen bulbs are going to be the same as far as light output.

If you are changing from incandescent to LED the thing I'd suggest you look into is color temperature. Color temperature is the color of the light measured in kelvin, incandescent bulbs are generally around 2700K with a "warm" yellow light, LEDs can be any color, so depending on what you buy it could be a 2700K "warm" yellow color, or a 5000K "daylight" basically straight white color or a 6000+K "cool" blue color. Color temperature is not something that can be rated objective as one thing is better than the other, but incandescents could really only output that "warm" yellow type of light, with LEDs you have a choice. Some people really want that classic yellow light feel and if you change to a white"daylight" or blueish light the room will look weird to you because you're used to the yellow light of incandescent so you may prefer a more yellow LED light. No way of knowing this beyond just trying the bulbs though in the space and seeing what you like.

It's just the spectra content and intensity of the light. Too much blue light causes retinal damage. For whatever reason, be it the transformer's field or a redox reaction, brain damage also results.

800 lumens in 6 watts has been done before ( for bulbs ) but phillips doesn't release these iirc

4000 is good ( it's somewhat yellowish and you can maintain high lumen/watt )

>but phillips doesn't release these iirc
Any reason why?

Attached: ILLEGAL TECHNOLOGY.jpg (1920x1080, 245K)

fucking kek

>t. poorfag cope

Attached: light bulbs.png (1640x800, 560K)

Also they don't try to make things last and they aren't even the best in their field. They rely on the fact that they're a company over a 100 years old and people still buy them.

>duracell
leakage

You dumbfuck, your gecko needs his lamp to warm up, not to enjoy the ambiance of his enclosure. He's coldblooded and needs warmth to be able to move properly.

>2700K
piss disgusting
>1050 lumen "75W equivalent"
kek, 75Weq is 1200 lumens.
>Duracell
AliExpress quality slapped with a zombie brand premium
>CRI: 80
Enjoy your red meat looking green
>10K hours
lel, that's the lowest figure I have ever seen on a led bulb. Must have some shitty chink brand low life caps in them.

I'm 99% sure that's a rebadge of some cheap chinese shit

>blue light content cause retinal damage
When you're old as fuck or an albino rat with dilated pupils

Attached: blue.png (825x589, 64K)

Electricity is a meme. Stop using it.

It's just a chink brand + american logo slapped on the box...

>one random article
>no peer support
>several dozen studies on NIH demonstrating that EM waves have no discernible effect on human health
Looks like we have a verified schizo here tonight. Time to take those meds.

Or just buy Cree bulbs with 90 CRI

Rich people use classic heater bulbs because they are rich.

This.
t. Gecko owner

No, they use wifi bulbs

Don't tell him how to raise his gecko

Attached: 1495488398261.jpg (772x720, 108K)

>not lighting your house with freedom

Attached: 29059_2_7655c1ed-bed1-4463-80a9-5f3bce167cb1.jpg (650x650, 37K)

No, they use candles and ride unicycles

Not bright enough for freedom

Attached: A19_TR_TB_LED_pack.jpg (1200x1200, 137K)

are these better than the normal led ones?

I hate LED cause they have a shit light cone effect.

Just look at them

Attached: diamond-shape-3d-led-bulb-600x600.jpg (600x600, 37K)

They come very close to a real light bulb

They die fairly fast due to lack of heatsink.

I had 150W bulb in 2x2 mt bathroom (toilet room).
No problem

Lumens isn't lumens/watt.

max lumens/watt is 550-600

cinema5d.com/tungsten-lighting-beats-led-efficiency-128/

275 lumens per watt TUNGSTEN IR conversion/reflect

when will we get CRI 100 LED?

If you're comfortable with a 60W bulb get a 60W equivalent LED bulb

Yes.

Attached: Filaments-line-LED.jpg (1170x1320, 406K)

Not according to testing.

Yuji has 98

ridiculous price

Hold my beer
amazon.com/E39-Lumens-5000K-Replacement-Equivalent/dp/B01C9OTN5W?th=1

home depot has a 300w one

>21892 Lumens

Holy fuck you could kill someone with that
>youtube.com/watch?v=62NP5GThFo0

4000K looks better than 5000K and if you must have brightness, 6000K is a bit better even with a plastic shroud

never buy cheap led, they will destroy your health

>home depot has a 300w one
*300w equivalent

The only 300W corn cob I can find is this 39,280lm one
amazon.com/NGTlight-Replace-Warehouse-Workshop-AC100-277V/dp/B01JG5MDTU/

You'll never find it in a store since the leds are exposed and are an electrocution risk.

5800K > 6500K > 5000K > *anything lower*

Why 5800K? 6000K could do 165-170 lm/w in a led lamp to replace fluorescent lamps

I pretty much use them exclusively. A healthy mix of 2700k bulbs and Edison-style 2200k bulbs. 2700k for utility (kitchen, bathroom), and 2200k for comfort (living room, bedroom).

Pretty fucking comfy.

this is the greatest meme fuck california muh high efficiency bulb.
>replace every year, has an intigrated ballista making it more expensive and more of a waste.

Attached: feit-electric-led-bulbs-a19dm800gu24-850-led-64_1000.jpg (1000x1000, 19K)

Integrated ballista

Attached: 220px-Bal_BBC1.jpg (220x247, 10K)

yes it will throw you money away by an integrated ballista.

I picked up a lamp that required that shit on accident. I just bought an adapter so that I can use regular bulbs.

that is illegal in some states, and a fire hazard if you use cfl due to high heat created by them.

amazon.com/JACKYLED-10-Pack-Resistant-Converts-Standard/dp/B00BHKZTEY/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1534918774&sr=8-5
>Maximum Wattage 1000W Heat Resistant Up to 200℃ Fire Resistant
Also, who still uses CFLs? Those bulbs are absolutely shit tier.

when gu24 came out, the only bulbs to buy where cfl, right now you go to homedespot and you got 3 cfl bulbs and like 8 cfl plugs on display, not to mention these shit bulbs cost more. In some states that shit is illegal, they were created by commiefornia to push people away from old incandescent bulbs since they are a new plug.

>Buying consumer LED bulbs.
>Not making your own LED bulbs.
Shit lasts longer and is actually energy efficient because it doesn’t fall victim to planned obsolescence.

That says a lot about how shit tier the CFL bulbs were. Nobody is buying them, so you ban the socket that every lightbulb takes and create a new one that will make all the shitty lightbulbs you have to buy more expensive. I'm kind of surprised the bulb makers didn't make incandescent bulbs in that standard just to fuck with Commiefornia.

At least you got LEDs now. Still, with that socket, I imagine you're pretty limited as to what you can use. Were I you, I would literally drive across state lines to buy regular sockets.

>Why 5800K

Sun light is 5778K

> there are dozens of LED bulbs in your house
> literally not more than 5 are good to use
LED is a chinese heaven and normal people's hell, because 2 of 3 bulbs is a fucking flickering cancer with cheap driver inside. You can check that your bulb is flickering by looking at it through the camera.

1. They die pretty fast IME, almost as fast as incandescents and way faster than CFLs.
2. It's hard to find them with decent brigthness, say anything equivalent to 100W or more, at least in offline stores. Also when it says "100W equivalent" it's usually not.
3. They cost a lot, especially if you have to buy them online.
4. They can increase your electricity bill, because they cause some interference with digital meters. utwente.nl/en/news/!/2017/3/313543/electronic-energy-meters-false-readings-almost-six-times-higher-than-actual-energy-consumption

Nothing beats tungsten lamps fot your neetcave

I use the LED version.
amazon.com/Replace-Filament-Vintage-Dimmable-Flicker/dp/B074K67LW4/

>dozens of studies disagree
Cites none of them

My electric company sent me a free light bulb like four years ago and I installed it right away. I still haven't had to replace it. I don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

The raw phone sensor isn't hopeless especially if you've got things to compare to. Mine seems to be pre-calibrated to match a square meter of directed light when held at 1 meter. Which is fine for single source use and so most indoor photography.

I replaced every single bulb in my house with LEDs. Some being hue, so granted the more expensive/higher quality ones. The others still being philips brand LEDs and i've not had a single one go in the two+ years they've been in.

Probably not made money back on they yet, but sure have saved hasle replacing bulbs and buying spares.
Plus muh green energy efficiency saving the whales

the cone is pretty similar to filament bulbs. Finding one that has an actually decent power supply in it is a bit of a challenge, there are lots of filament style LED bulbs with just a capacitive dropper for flickery hell, especially if you're in a 50Hz region.

note your phone's sensor sensitivity probably won't match human vision that well, so different kinds of bulbs or different colour temperature will read a bit differently.

I use Ikea led, comfy warm light.

This is retarded.
Mine have 1600 lumens and I feel like they are too dark for my taste. I want to see shit when I am working at night. Why buy a super dark lightbulb? It makes no sense at all

Attached: konrad.jpg (376x485, 30K)

>>replace every year
Nigga, watt?

>The inaccurate readings are attributed to the energy meter’s design, together with the increasing use of modern (often energy-efficient) switching devices. Here, the electricity being consumed no longer has a perfect waveform, instead it acquires an erratic pattern. The designers of modern energy meters have not made sufficient allowance for switching devices of this kind.
Fuckers didn't take into account power factor, something ignored by older residential meters.

They work just fine.

This guy is right
I hope it's bait but you need to get an incandescent bulb for the heat. And an ultraviolet one for night, for heat.

No, I replaced all my halogen bulbs 4 years ago which would frequently break or get extremely hot, and I haven't had to change a single light bulb since and I get more light and they get less hot.