Is there any programming language that is both NOT stuck in the past and NOT a soyä meme language?

Is there any programming language that is both NOT stuck in the past and NOT a soyä meme language?

Attached: soyaboomer.png (2536x1080, 1.8M)

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.golangbridge.org/t/performance-concern-in-calling-gtk-library-ies/10290
archive.is/mnbNo
infoworld.com/article/3195285/application-development/java-and-c-continue-to-decline-in-popularity.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

up that resolution you inbred fuck. How do you plan on becoming proficient in anything when you can't even use paint?

>caring

>NOT stuck in the past

C++ is literally getting an update every 3 years like clockwork.

There's a dot at the top left part of your image, care to remove that?

>literally boomerware

>boomerware

Something that actually gets shit done. People are writing operating systems and compilers in Swift or whatever fag laguage you zoomers use.

c++ is too hard for whiny millenials

Julia

what are you using julia for?

erlang

Attached: ADOLF_NIGGA_PLZ.jpg (640x356, 26K)

You mean *Ada.

>Refusing to use software because “much boomers” use it.
Humans like you have ought to be eradicated. You place labels on groups and then deem anything they made or regularly use as untouchable. It is a juvenile practice and makes you seem even worse than the s0ÿo boyos you’re trying to avoid looking like.
Just grow up and use a decent language faggot.

C++ is a great zoomer filter

It's about the boomer mentality, fucko.
>"I don't need no tools telling me what to do"
>"I will spend the next week writing trivial shit because I do the job that a compiler does in other languages. This is the way things should remain"

was your last C++ version 98?

rust

C
Ruby
Perl

boomertech
worse Python
boomertech

We are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment...

>Ruby
>Perl
Yikes... Probably shouldn't listen to this noob.

C++ has tons of libraries to do whatever you want, for example boost library which has as much functionality as java standard library. The only problem is that using external libraries is a pain on windows (only).

Yes, because boomers don't need package managers, they can do it on their own thank you very much

haskell

Go

>C++
The script language for UE4.

C#
with .net core you‘re no longer bound to suck billls dick

Python.

this

Jesus.
Fucking.
Christ.
If I see one more FUCKING person post this god damn retarded ads phrase, boomer, I will fucking lose it. Stop with the summertime bullshit catchphrase nobody is fucking using except idiots, it's fucking annoying, you little shits. This is the same exact thing from a couple of years ago when fucking cuck was just being flung left and right and used so incorrectly, it generated a fury in me that was rivaled by no others. I swear to god, you people want to make me shove rusty nails through my god damn fingernails lengthwise, than hear one more person fucking say boomer
Fuck sakes, I hate this place...

>t. that 30 year old boomer who can't cope

Attached: 1530475059201s.jpg (250x229, 8K)

GoLang is this only right answer

Yeah no. Go is for unironic boomers that want to look cool.

Attached: 1534821778527.png (1200x1400, 502K)

boomer cuck

Scala.

no its for people who have real jobs and need massive concurrent programming that doesnt take 1MB per thread on the heap

People with jobs care about 40x C library FFI overhead in production.
forum.golangbridge.org/t/performance-concern-in-calling-gtk-library-ies/10290

Common Lisp/Scheme is the answer

if you need C, use C, dont use another language

Yeah, forget all the legacy libraries written in C and re-invent the wheel all over.
Nice try, fag.

thats like complaining bash runs slower when you run it from python

? I literally said use C faggot

Rust

.net or fuck off, it's THE emerging stack, look at market trends.

How to shut down a microshart shill FUD 101

Attached: 1517452147559.jpg (1291x3600, 610K)

this

you searched for c# instead of .net which shows me you have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

Based. I use C#/.NET/Visual Studio at work, for big projects, and it's not as good as the shills claim.

>jobs asking for the runtime instead of a language
That's like jobs that ask for JVM instead of Java.

This

Cope harder. Because F# or whatever the fuck# won't do you any good.

Attached: 1525776753265.png (767x747, 121K)

yes, candlejack can tell you it cal

But you are literally sucking bill dick, since .NET Core is a product from Microsoft.

They purchased the only .NET stack not owned by MS, Mono. Now there's no way of using .NET without sucking bill tiny dick.

>luajit is the best c compiler
Based Mike

>.net company:microsoft
>Page 1 of 730 jobs
>java company:microsoft
>Page 1 of 1,197 jobs

Toppest of the top keks

>.net
>actual humans
>java
>100% pajeets code monkey jobs

name one successful product that came out in the last 5 years that has anything to do with java. you'll be competing with shitskins for jobs that are completely irrelevant. stay mad.

Minecraft

>muh pajeets
Ah, your the butthurt is showing.
>last 5 years that has anything to do with java.
>5 years
Sorry, Java doesn't do startups. It's for big boys only. There's nothing C# came up with in its lifetime by the way.

Attached: 1525776818588.png (1008x541, 92K)

And what a god awful abomination of a shit game from a technical standpoint that was. Great argument.

Attached: 1496866909740.jpg (251x251, 7K)

salty. YIKES.

>Hasn't posted anything.
>Literally just tool maintenance jobs.

Enjoy working in the field that the actual software developers are replacing with software bots at the moment.

The QUANTITY of jobs is completely irrelevant, because most job offers are shit pay for shit work that not even students should do. And they're completely dilluted with third worlders and subhumans.

archive.is/mnbNo

Attached: 1531688173570.jpg (310x310, 33K)

Ah, the sound of sore buttcracks lmao

Attached: 1525850586745.jpg (1000x1145, 91K)

Stop trying, it's pathetic.
Dumb microcucks.

t. h1-b hire making less than 60k/year

Is it ironic how the only place where C# beats Java in terms of Job opportunity is india?
LMAO

Attached: 1525776899269.png (976x519, 107K)

This. Looking really embarrassing for .NET shills here.

Read your own chart, street shitter.

>Based. I use C#/.NET/Visual Studio at work, for big projects, and it's not as good as the shills claim.
Is it still the best?

infoworld.com/article/3195285/application-development/java-and-c-continue-to-decline-in-popularity.html

>Java

Enjoy betting on a dead horse. Invest in the future. Java is code maintenance at this point and has no future for new products and services. In 10 years nobody will use it.

>In 10 years nobody will use it.
Been hearing this for the last 20+ years. It's still on top.

>Some search results of vague terms has any meaning whatsoever
Seriously, I don't care about your autistic language war but you simply can not be this stupid...

You may wanna look at trends. Java is in crash dive and is just chasing features that .net had for years.

If you're not investing in
>Javascript
>.net
>Swift
etc. at this point, you're set in your ways and you accept you're no longer participating in new innovations and just resign to maintaining old code until you get fired.

If I were to participate in new innovations I would "invest" in Rust, Go and Elixir. I don't see boomer trash Microsoft's java ripoff like C# anywhere in the list.

That's fine, not all people can do critical thinking, like inferring a chart.

Your methodology is pure garbage, that is what I wanted to tell you...

C# is Microsoft's answer to Java.
When you release a product to be alternative to something, only the people looking for an alternative is going to use it. Common sense. C# will NEVER EVER be able to top Java. COPE.

Attached: 1522313080301.png (1780x600, 129K)

the only point of java was its wide access to platforms, microshafts push to open source is destined to completely dumpster java in the long run. .net is simply better at every single thing java does and more. Literally nobody does anything in java anymore unless they're forced to.

>features
LMAO
look at this faggot. It thinks corporations care about features ahahahahahahahaha

Microsoft open-sourcing a second-class citizen of .NET-lite does not mean that it's going to run on the thousands of different, well documented ports of JVM on millions of platforms. Open sourcing a DRM is still a DRM.

if you use anything but rust, elm, kotlin, crystal, go, swift, or clojure. then you are either a massive boomer clinging onto old dusty languages or getting meme'd on by some dead language.

Attached: 1534174258546.png (480x561, 108K)

>forgetting Nim

Attached: 1531889211024.jpg (1651x1100, 862K)

>muh JVM
tick tock boomer.

>that 24 year old Boomer who gets upset about Boomer memes

Attached: boomer.jpg (381x386, 24K)

Oh yeah because the Sun/Oracle debacle wasn't a complete fuck up. Fuck off Java shill.

gimme summa dat lisp
Python
Mofuggin JAVASCRIPP
C will never die
you're mom gay

>using web frameworks to make desktop applications

The truth is... the game was rigged from the start.

Attached: 756764467674765.jpg (1024x576, 169K)

Lmao. Look at this /v/tard defending his gayming language that no one uses.

How is a framework under the mit license drm?

>.NET Core
>a product
>under MIT license

user...

node.js is a good language choice. call me a basedeater if you want, i used to hate the language too. since ES6 it's not so bad and it's just improving.

>fastest scripting language out there thanks to all the support V8 gets
>massive ecosystem with tons of great tooling and stack overflow support
>very comfy and easy to write, doesn't force high level concepts down your throat but they are available
>if you need extra speed you can even write your npm modules in another language (tensorflow has a C++ version as well as a CUDA version)

this JS hate is getting old, get with the times gramps. hating javascript is like hating macbooks (which are god-tier development machines).

that's fucking CLI user... whatever you make here it's always going to be slow, use tons of memory and whatever you make here it's going to be inferior to whatever is made in ie c++.

Actually back in the c++ world now after many years in the C# world and I am so glad to finally be home again. Here I can control the performance my self. So much new shit, templates are still killing me here.

Generics in C# is a lot cleaner than this, but ofc they are not so robust. Another thing that really always annoyed me with C# too was that you could only inherit from one class. You will always end up in situation where this is not possible so you have to wrap it, that's annoying.

As I see it, it would be nice with a new language that was functional based on c++ but esp templates made easier to deal with I am so sick of them. Many other features such as better gpu integration, palatalization and so should be incorporated directly in the language but still keep it "lowlvl"

Boomers: born between 1954 and 1964.
>24 year old boomer.
Jesus kid, learn to count.

>t. boomer
Don't forget to take your meds gramps.

want to know how I know you wear a lgbtq+ bracelet?

>unironically wanting to work for (((banks)))

Ultimately, every language is either fashionable or not. If this is what you want, OP, you can dismiss every fashionable language as a "soyä meme" and every unfashionable one as "stuck in the past". This will free you from the burden of actually thinking about their strong and weak points.

What do you work on that requires C++'s control over memory allocation?

What does Jow Forums think of JAI?
>under development by dude who made Braid and The Witness, along with some of his team
>pointer ownership in structs
>no garbage collection
>frame-only buffer for local scope variables, so much less manual memory management
>can add new scope to the code and allow certain referenced variables within, then make it a local function, then a function. they all have nearly identical syntax so making code re-usable is easy
and way more that i’m too lazy to go lookup
at one time he wanted to be able to add an SOA or AOS keyword to structs, whoch would automatically change memory mapping between xxxxyyyyzzzz and xyzxyzxyzxyz (for improved cache performance on list accesses), but apparently this was scrapped. not sure.
he’s releasing it to his inner cabal for testing and feedback later this year and then will expand slowly from there.

oh right, and there’s full compile-time execution of whatever the fuck JAI/C/C++/node.js code you want
for example if you want the program to have a sine table instead of calling it during runtime, you just define the sine table as a loop of sine that is fully calculated and “baked” during the actual compilation of the program

there’s also a much-improved run-time type information system that introduces zero overhead unlike C++ RAII, but i’m not too familiar with either

and the most important thing, he’s demoed 80,000 lines of JAI code compiling from scratch in 0.5 seconds. on a shitty fucking laptop, too. it compiles so fast that there’s no need for incremental builds that run the risk of using outdated code and causing useless headaches.

nope. and btw i primarily program in java.