How many lines of code they stole from open source projects?

How many lines of code they stole from open source projects?

Attached: Microshit.jpg (364x200, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

threadreaderapp.com/thread/1002696910266773505.html
atdt.freeshell.org/k5/story_2004_2_15_71552_7795.html
networkworld.com/article/2236556/microsoft-subnet/microsoft-accused-of-being-in-violation-of-gpl-on-hyper-v-code.html
zdnet.com/article/microsoft-admits-its-gpl-violation-will-reissue-windows-7-tool-under-open-source-license/
twitter.com/jamiebuilds/status/1002696910266773505
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminds me of when I was a kid - the commies always saying that the evil exploitative capitalists always stole the superior communist inventions.

It was a laughable fantasy then, and it's a laughable fantasy now. Such low-effort shitposting doesn't even deserve a (You).

Attached: 1514816800563.jpg (215x149, 8K)

the question really is, how many lines of codes are absolutely useless?

>open source
>Steal
What?

bout treefiddi

You can't steal free shit, nigger!

FOSS model is much closer to capitalism than to communism, idiot.

Are you retarded?

bsd and mit are literally cuck licenses. if people used gpl or lgpl we wouldn't have this thread.
p.s. - not as much as apple.

More than 0. threadreaderapp.com/thread/1002696910266773505.html

atdt.freeshell.org/k5/story_2004_2_15_71552_7795.html

How?

Unlikely.
If it's open source, nothing stops you from "reimplementing" it. And that's a very good thing.

literally strings from BSD code in windows tcp/ip tools and stack

You talk like open source code is perfect but if you took some time to skim through the Linux kernel code you’d find out it’s mainly shit kept together with glue and spit. Not much to steal from there honestly..

>being an ant

>strings from bsd code
>logically with a bsd licence
>that windows acknowledges in its eula
>(you know, that thing you've never read)
This is why I love freetards so much - you are SO. FUCKING. STUPID. As in, utterly incapable of any sort of critical thought - you just mindlessly regurgitate pre-programmed words like a ticket machine or some shit. I stopped being sick of your smashing-yourself-in-your-faces-with-housebricks-level idiocy years ago, and actually enjoy it now.

Attached: 1517548830941.gif (228x180, 1.6M)

Install Gentoo.
THANKYOU FOR SHOPPING AT TESCO!

Shoo shooo freetard

post the lines of code that you think it's shit

FLOSS isn't public domain nor does it mean giving up your intellectual property, you still have to adhere to the licence when using FLOSS software and if you don't you'll be sued for violating copyright laws
communists (and for some balance, libertarians) don't believe in intellectual property laws

>capitalists don't need to steal communist inventions
>>but microsoft use bsd code in their tcp/ip stack
>b-but they literally tell you that they're stealing it! freetards aRe So FuCKiNg StUpiD

Attached: football-goal-dollie-736-p.jpg (600x450, 99K)

enjoy nogaems roflmao

>he didn't hear the news
lmao

>more drm
yikes

changing rules half way through = you lose. incapable of critical thought LMAO.

Highest quality at lowest price, allowing both product capability-only-based competition, and for any newcomer to enter the market.

>no proofs
>just similiar software has similiar functions
kindly fuck off sweetie

>makes code available for anyone to use for any reason
>use code
>HURRR THEFT STEALING
Luckily the last one didn't actually happen though, BSD was developed to be shared and sharing code with commercial Unix and Windows isn't a problem.
It's only a problem for freetard users who have never once contributed a single line of code for FOSS software.

They have "we must reinvent the wheel thousands times because we are a big ass company" syndrome, they don't steal anything.

they didn't acknowledge it for a long time, and yes BSD licence requires acknowledgement, therefore stealing. it's not hard for someone capable of critical thought to understand. why are you such a moron?

proton is trash
enjoy no games LOL

Same applies to close source

>what is copyleft

Attached: 1488951455938.png (480x451, 239K)

>b-but the real issue here is the semantics argument about the word 'stole' and not whether microsoft need to use communist tech
nice argument
>Luckily the last one didn't actually happen though
networkworld.com/article/2236556/microsoft-subnet/microsoft-accused-of-being-in-violation-of-gpl-on-hyper-v-code.html
zdnet.com/article/microsoft-admits-its-gpl-violation-will-reissue-windows-7-tool-under-open-source-license/
twitter.com/jamiebuilds/status/1002696910266773505
imagine having >$100bn in revenue and having to steal code from a literal fag

why are you drinking piss from a bottle?

but bsd isn't free software because it allows cases like this to happen

The BSD license is a thing.

steal what? lol, linux has nothing that microsoft wants or needs
that's why linux isn't a functional desktop OS

If you take BSD code and don't credit the original dev, you're still infringing the license. I'm not saying they did it, but it is possible to "steal" BSD code.

>"You wouldn't want to miss out on those cool games everyone is playing, right goy?"

>what is WSL
>what is Azure Sphere

>everything I don't like is communism
Where do you retards come from? Is this some sort of organized plot?

This.

That's not theft. And iirc Microsoft dropped the BSD TCP/IP stack with Windows 8

>wanting to play the trash that is on (((steam)))
*snap*

he'll surely regret for missing out on pysolfc and gnu chess

do you have no fucking clue how patents work?
it's identical to the open source model. every patent created all of the data on how to make such a thing is in the fucking patent. That's why WD-40 has never made a patent, so nobody can copy their formula.

I think you accidently ended up with a distro containing gnome.

By design.
Apparently Linus gets upset when fags make "improvements" which break userland

Holy fuck you are autistic

It's mostly murricans that think statism == communism.

That depends on the license.

Attached: 11008445_347907455401388_3685081571479303199_n.jpg (199x233, 12K)

>moving the goalposts
OP was about stealing free software, not legally using free software.

Which is actually a good thing - this philosophy of "don't break anything extant" (which those of us in the real world have always called "backward compatibility") is what allowed Windows to achieve the iron grip it has. I actually breathed a sigh of relief when I heard about this, and Linus basically saying "fuck GPL3" - it indicates a maturity and pragmatism sadly lacking from the common freetard.

I never said it's a bad thing
Long live linus

GPL, too.

really its why the userland should be included as part of the system.

Just the parts that aren't botnet. So... not much.