Case as small as Ghost S1?

found out they cant make ghost S1 in arctic white for some technical reason. wondering if any one knows case of similar small size that I could paint my self and maybe cheaper. I hear of "dans case" and seen photo and seems ok a little larger but I don't like the front.

just want some basic shit even if I have to rivet off the panels and add my own white plastic ones. or maybe transparent ones.

Attached: lololair.jpg (1080x1080, 219K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0n0gfL4gvC8
extremetech.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/steammachineconsole.jpg
hardforum.com/attachments/20180521_201706v3u2l-jpg.75594/
tomshardware.co.uk/asrock-z270-gaming-itxac-motherboard,review-33913-3.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The next smallest mass produced cheap case is Node 202. Give up on looking for cheap cases at that size, there aren't any. Then again I don't think you know what the actual sizes are if you think Dan A4 is larger than Ghost S1. In which case, consider Raijintek Metis.

wait so you saying Dan A4 is same size as Ghost? not saying its larger by much but looked maybe 1cm larger.

hmm Node 202 looks cool but its total mass is more than Ghost and Raijintek metis is much larger than ghost total volume as well (if not more cube like thou)

ghost is no larger than ps4pro in total volume.

Attached: ghosts1mkII.png (640x828, 14K)

thanks for node 202 info thou basically a a PS4pro that's 2.5cm higher … very cool. also cheap and looks easy to paint thankyou. but still would maybe like some thing like ghost or does nothing exist other than ghost/dan a4?

>looked
Use the dimensions from the websites. Can't tell shit about the size from pics unless they're right next to each other.

Size is measured in liters which is height x width x depth. You need to calculate it instead of using your eyes as boxy cases give the optical illusion that they are smaller.
No other cases of that format. There are other node 202-like cases like S4 mini and Sentry, all expensive cases.

node is only 90$usd where I live.

By "Node 202-like" I mean the layout of the case. They are flat wide cases while Ghost S1 and Dan A4 look like mini tower cases.

is there some trade off here like can iTX motherboards not support overclock or K series or some thing?

prob will just put a 7600k that ill delid in it atm but wouldn't mind running it at 5ghz. or are itx motherboards just not made for that.

You can overclock as well on the Z mini-itx motherboards but the temps on intel are horrid nowadays so with small coolers I'm not sure if you can achieve it. You definitely can with big AIO and tower coolers but that means not using any of the small cases.

shouldnt there be small cube cases where the motherboard is mounted on the bottom of the case instead of hanging at the side?

in this way you can install 1kg weighing copper cooler without fearing its weigh gaining best of the motherboard itself or its screws

There are. Look up the Silverstone SG05 and SG13 for example.

There are many cheap cases like that, but they are no longer small, they just look small, all in excess of 20 liters, Dan A4 is 7.2 liters. Off the top of my head, Bitfenix Prodigy, Node 304.

why not use a Realan H60

Attached: HTB1OULMPXXXXXXTXFXXq6xXFXXXd.jpg?size=744095&height=2194&width=790&hash=470935542810949 (790x2194, 211K)

ITX is sort of neat, but the thrill wears off once you realize you can never use an expansion card, you are just stuck with what you've got. My motherboard just died and I am actually pretty happy because now I'm going back to full ATX. To hell with the tiny case meme.

Attached: 1522047610261.jpg (187x200, 6K)

don't really care if it runs hot im fine running a 200$ cpu at close to 100deg people who only feel safe if hardware is 70deg are idiots. it will turn off 5deg before it gets damaged just like gpus of the like 8 years.

Both cases in are around 11 liters.

yer I have a ATX board that can take 7/8th gen and overclock well.

just my birthday is coming up and thinking of spending 300$ on a itx/psu/case instead of a retarded new gpu that I don't need.

Most people never need more than a single slot for a GPU. But sure, if you do, then ITX isn't for you.

Those are great cases desu but they don't support "1kg copper coolers".

Never used extra expansion slots. My issue with mini-itx is only 2 ram slots, I wish they fix that by using sodimms.

guess it will be like 400$ including gpu. and more if I go for ghost s1. shrugs.

its pointless like great you make your PC the size of a Xbox one X it still hard to fit in backpack or you spend 3x the amount and make it shaped like 120x200x310mm or so .. and it can fit nicer in places.

apart of me thinks be wiser to go for a 160x240x310 case because its only 4cm wider but can fit a CPU cooler double as large 60mm vs 120mm tall.

is 4cm thinner really worth 6cm shorter cooler? hmmm.

I will think about it not sure if I want Xbox shape or Ghost S1 shape. or go 160mm wide more cube thing.

hard to decide.

possibly all pointless and I should keep using small ATX case I have that's already 100% brushed aluminium and nice.

That's true. The Fractal Node 304 or Core 500 is what you want then for a full tower cooler. Still under 20L, but only by a little.

why the fuck would you need more than 32gb of ram in a pc that's obviously not for productivity if you want to be a creative you need more pci slots for random shit in future to plug your random new camera or sd card into.

But they have.

Attached: x299e-itxac(l2).png (1200x1000, 598K)

the thing I do hate about all these cases thou is they try to look like apple meme. like if I do get node 202 that seems the cheapest and smallest I might literally have to make my own custom panels or box to get rid of the retarded curved edges against stupid ugly power button/io.

who the fuck designs this stuff looks like they literally design it in 4hours after looking at their iPhone abit and playing afue matches of cod. the design is terrible.

even the Ghost S1 could look nicer if it when with a dif edge design.

that thing looks dreadful to mount a PC inside

i have this Sugo SG05. it has a stx power supply. cheap and small.

The slightly larger sugo SG13 has support for a ATX powersupply. both go for around 40-50Eur.

i have the sg13 also, feels nice but havent built in it yet.

Attached: sugo_sg05.jpg (640x480, 33K)

jealous much

how much does the Dan case cost?

node 202 is like 90usd
ghost S1 is like 230usd

I still think I might just wait for the ghost I like it its abit more expensive but smarter for backpack use imo. but if the dan case is like 130$ now I might consider it

both the dan and node thou I would modify the panels and replace material/vent paturns and stuff. that's why I think ghost S1 is better.

how much do the cases that don't use PCI extenders and just have normal gpu/mobo layout that are 160mm wide cost NCASE M1 is like 180usd or some thing? are most of thous standard layout cube cases that much.

a NCASE M1 that's not as high would be kinda cool any thing like that exist?

Attached: Ghost S1 DXj.jpg (1200x900, 239K)

Get a sliger cerberus

I guess a Kensington lock would be pretty important on these if you take them to a lan you could fit it into a smallish bag or small backpack and get off with 2000$ sure taking a laptop to a lan is kinda as risky but at least it would look more obvious in a bag and you can carry it around with you more.

that's too big. I want like 160x200x320.

or is that not possible unless you do non conventional gpu mount?

the NCASE M1 seems nice its only 4cm wider than the Ghost or Dan case but its too high and has too much wasted space for my liking.

also notice all these cases have excessive GPU leanth support. like a extra

actually they don't have excessive gpu 320 leanth makes sense for full size im dumb.

its interesting thou the Ghost is only 10x taller when lay on its side as a 13inch MacBook pro.

it wouldn't be 10x the power of a MacBook Pro thou would it? 2/3x?

oh actually it is like 10-16x the performance in graphics alone. and MacBook pro 13inch CPU is 2core/4thread atm I think.

its like 15x the power for 10x the space.. that's good to know.

you can get a 330x345x134mm case that supports 2x full sized SLI btw and mATX.

that's not much larger than this shit.

Project Orthrus
youtube.com/watch?v=0n0gfL4gvC8

ideal case to get would be the valve custom steam machine case they made for the press hey?hey
extremetech.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/steammachineconsole.jpg

Attached: 62380_i3qfBsc22v_jb7mevxh.jpg (1024x683, 140K)

I just want a small, good, and cheap case why they torture me so?

Attached: file.png (307x307, 89K)

I think node 202 is cheapest ad 90usd but its shaped like a Xbox. lifes hard.

Attached: stf,small,600x600-c,0,0,1000,1000.jpg (559x451, 65K)

Motherboard is pretty much irrelevant(comparing a mitx vs atx board of the same company). The issue is proper cooling with a case that small.

just put a 5000 RPM 200mm fan on one end of it

>not just going for the smallest possible matx or full atx build possible to get the best of both worlds.

Attached: Cerberus-00-black-panels-off.jpg (602x452, 75K)

I hear otherwise friends got ITX boards and couldn't overclock. of course you could get one with good power delivery but I question how many people have actually tested it because they prob just buy that hardware and say they will do it later on when they "need to"

>you can get a 330x345x134mm case that supports 2x full sized SLI btw Project Orthrus

Cerberus looks more practical thou.

I have no interest in SLI and if I was running SLI would put CPU coolers on both GPU and overclock them because at that point $ per performance gets worse and worse.

Attached: 3cpuHSF.png (498x425, 20K)

The new mbp 13 has the quad core low power kabylake

The cerberus is retarded, it should be able to fit a full atx motherboard. Why did they need to add like 2" to fit an atx board

It's called the Cerberus-X and you can buy it.

what expansion cards would you wana use thou? does ITX have nvme? you can get 4x sata cards for nvme if you want to cram extra deshelled ssds around the case randomly. the problem with expansion cards is its prob cheaper to buy a new motherboard or even cpu with a new USB or WIFI or Audio standard than buy a expansion card.

still the ghost S1 is like 15x the power of a mbp in games for only 10x the size.

I wonder how it compares to the most tricked out thin and larger laptops thou.

would it be 1:1 or still like 1.5x the power for the same size.

That's what I'm talking about. They could've fit a atx motherboard in the normal Cerberus with a little better design but instead they had to make a new case that adds too many inches

I couldn't find a price for Dans A4 case any where? any info? in usd?/aud?

I think im pretty much deciding between

Ghost S1 230$
Node 202 90$
Dan A4 ??$

using a core 500
atx psu + 5.25" half slot (have a bd burner)
it's okay, though it's probably better to use a GPU with blower in those small cases

why blower you mean reference cooler? you think 3rd party ones work different?

I noticed on valves press steam machine they put a blower vent thing around the cpu cooler.

The difference in size between the two is small though. One is 18L and the other 19.5L. I feel the micro-atx version is pointless because for 1.5L more you can have a threadripper build with 128gb for laughs.

>wanting a small case

Attached: 90043f15082b5ed5d4fedb92eae71a8b.jpg (644x800, 66K)

Blower = blower fan = rear exhaust. Not necessarily a reference cooler, for example the reference 2080Ti is not a blower, but the Asus Turbo 2080Ti is.

Blower cards reduce heat buildup inside the case by exhausting directly out the back, and they can also operate better in a cramped environment with poor airflow. Funnily enough the super small cases like the ones you list don't need a blower because the GPU has a separate compartment, and the case is heavily vented.

The volume alone looks fine but they added 2.5" to the height to do it

Try sfflab

its like 185 or some thing but there is a new dan case coming C4-SFX that's different

I guess nice if you like square design

hardforum.com/attachments/20180521_201706v3u2l-jpg.75594/

I really want a Ghost S1 Arctic White but apparently they never shipped them because the paint was a trouble (I notice its scuffed up in the sliding parts on some of the photos )

still want one thou..

hoping the new Limestone color is closer to white than silver. or is more of a CRT cream/light gray.

I think I want Limestone/arctic white with nickel top plate.

that's like a 300usd case delivered lol. but it will be the size of my tenkeyless keyboard and same color theme white with silver top.

Attached: qce2s3phygz01.jpg (1210x681, 350K)

Attached: oY6iJKW.jpg (2693x2880, 872K)

Attached: louqe.jpg (640x640, 69K)

I do wonder if this is a trend of games being GPU limited and CPU not meaning much. maybe in 2-3 years games will be CPU limited again and ever one will want big case with lots of cooling and stuff.. hmmm

Attached: og-image.jpg (945x630, 120K)

The difference between an mATX and ATX motherboard is 61mm, or about 2.5"...

at some point having that many vents on your computer you may as well just run it in a test bench.

honestly think these computers have got so small only way they could get smaller is if they made the actual case a heatsync.

N-CASE M1 is similar, although I think it's only in black/silver, not white.
But as someone who has an N-CASE build I'd advise that as good an idea as it seems at the time, m-ITX is a stupid meme idea. No expandability, limited part selection, increased NOISE to cool it properly, plus SFF tax, enjoy paying 50%+ more over ATX parts for inferior performance just because muh SFF.
About to go back to an ATX tower build, can't wait.

My point is that it shouldn't have to be 15" to fit an atx motherboard... aka I'm saying the cerberus is oversized for mATX. There are plenty of ~18 in cases. An atx motherboard should be 12" + 3.4" for an atx psu. You have 15.4" leaving a mere 2.6" for feet and cable management throughholes up top and what not. Problem is the cerberus and X dont have any cable management it's just a box. So where are those extra 3" going? I'm sure like .5" to feet but the rest seems like space wasted. People just put fans and shit down there but it seems like a waste to me. It could easily have been 13.5 or 14" but they compromised on the compactness

I'm about to drop 200 Eurodollars on an NCASE M1. I'll likely drop 500€ more on a MOBO+Ram+CPU combo. Should I, or should I not. I really like my curent mini ITX case and dislike traditional tower cases, even microATX ones. Not big on upgrading so I'll probably keep the parts for a few years.Should I go ahead and drop 700€ for a mini ITX system which I won't bother upgrading much or just spend that money on a new GPU and some SSDs?

Part of the reason for the extra height is it has 8 slots (the mATX version has 5) - one more than necessary for the form factor. This is so it can support dual-slot GPUs in that bottom slot for multi-GPU solutions, but also allows for more drive or radiator space on the bottom.

Also the feet are something like 0.8" (20mm).

Attached: cerbx_back.jpg (834x1200, 605K)

Also both versions have some extra space on top above the motherboard for an exhaust fan.

Attached: CO-HNDL-0.jpg (1200x672, 582K)

>actively de/pressurizing your case
What a terrible meme

desu, most AAA games look more like stredged out tech demos
then again, monster hunter world is very cpu heavy
maybe because it's a badly optimized console port though

that might be it
in my core 500, the 2 fan gpu does heat up the case quite a bit.

on a side note, why would gamers need a ray trace optimized card, like the 2080?

>monster hunter world is very cpu heavy
>maybe because it's a badly optimized console port though
Not really a AAA title. Monster hunter was always a smaller franchise with budget releases for portable consoles. It isn't very well optimized though. I bet half of the processing is just I/O since on consoles the RAM was shared between the CPU and GPU

idknow im on the fence too I have a 7600k a z270 atx mobo atm with 8gig ram.

thinking of spending 300$ on a ghost S1 and 200 on old ITX z270 that can over clock and using same CPU(ill delid it was a razor) and ram.

not sure if its a good idea thou. maybe I should wait for next CPU upgrade instead of buying 2x z270s ….. thou I guess I could sell the old one perhaps.

will have to buy new CPU cooler (possibly one that's out of stock and hard to find) and a PSU.

could be quite expensive and in afue years maybe there will be Ghost S1 cases for 30$ made out of cheap pressed steel....

its made on CryEngine by some B team right? monster hunter is huge in japan if the Ateam dev team worked on it they would make it run at 300fps they made monhun run at 60fps on psp and be the best looking game by a fair margin monhun world is prob made by some buget labour higher estern europian devs is it even DX12?

There will always be something to look forward to but that doesn't mean that we should just keep waiting for the next big thing to come out.
If you feel that it'll give you the performance that you like and you won't regret getting it a week later, then absolutely go for it. It's your money, and the moment that you buy something it's already shit because it will likely be supreseeded vy future generations.

ive seen benchmarks of Gears4 Rise of tombraider and Metro all running in DX12 and im sorta convinced you will need 6+core or 8+ threads if you run a 1080ti or higher gpu with dx12 games on 1060/980 level performance and prob 2070 as well it doesn't seem to make a diference big enough to care about.

then again the tests could be fake and intel could give the press nvme and pcie SSD and if the press use 1 in the wrong slot or 2 at once they could make the lower core CPUs have less PCI lanes for the gfx card and that could explain the lower fps... idknow.

always skeptical of intel they have sold 2+ core for 10 years with 0 fps improvement in games to gamers. but if it is likely that you will need more cores in next fue years maybe ITX is bad idea if they run hot idknow. guess you could just buy the non OCable ones and not care thou and they might be fine as long as its not above 95deg its safe right ^_^

yer I know. like I think if I can find a Ghost S1 in gray or white with the nickel silver top plate ill love it very very much will match my keyboard and monitor and stuff. I like the idea about putting it in my backpack and carrying my CRT to lans. (thou it doesn't have a Kensington lock so im worried some one will steal it) I guess I could perch it over the edge of the table slightly and put a lock up underneath it thru some metal.....

I really do want it I think I might. I don't mind if it takes 12months to arrive at my door honestly that's more time to find a good deal on PSU/HSF/ITX.

Attached: Capture.png (57x57, 546)

I had a plan to do a big crazy SLI build in my pc instead but I only play on 1k res 120hz so it might be dumb and might save that idea until I get bulk money or never at all.
this idea. was based on the wrong information that HDMI to VGA adaptors add to much lag so id be stuck on 980ti performance forever if I wanted to use VGA CRT. (you can get 30$ adaptor from china with .2ms lag so no need to stay on 980ti x2 performance ) idknow the main thing holding me back now is CPU thermal limitations and DX12 possibly actually really finally making 6+ core matter. don't care how hot gpu run it can throttle all it wants.

this was my dumb sli idea imagine it in a standard atx case with psu up top like classic atx design this case some thing about full aluminium standard case with 3 big aluminium CPU coolers is cool to me.

Attached: pic_disp.jpg (640x480, 54K)

I dont about A team and B team but it had a lot of MH veterans on the team, so were talking a lot of experience coming from portable

sony devs don't know shit about PC thou. but yer idknow maybe its well made but I haven't played it and seen what the game actually does if its zoned like how monhun is on psp then they should have zoned it on PC to increase performance but shrugs. dayz fps triple when they zoned the map and added dx11 instead of it processing the entire map 247.

you think Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev.B is best CPU cooler for Ghost S1? every one says that nocturnia in the pictures is discontinued and some one on LTT was saying the Shuriken was better but not sure if he was talking about that Nocturnia or the one they still make that might be worse.

what sorta max cpu could you cool with this thing.. don't be conservative don't care if temps are high just no thermal throttle in dx12 cpu intensive games.

would delid as well obviously not sure how much that helps but I guess afue deg and use optimal paste/metal or what ever (as long as I don't have to change it more than once a year).

how much disassembly is required so that the gpu can actually be powered?

yer its dumb asthetic photo obviously looks like shit with cables.

>The thrill wears off
>i..ii c..can't use expansion card *cries*
ffs it's almost as if you people create these unrealistic scenarios as a means of saying "i told you so bucko!."
What was that?. I CAN'T USE AN EXPANSION CARD IN [insert ITX case] ?!
MIND FUCKING BLOWN EY.

Attached: 2dbf72c9a2a58f883bc043ceac7731ca.jpg (571x717, 258K)

I dont know why you would in this day and age. Sound cards are a meme. If you want RAID and especially need a card for it itx was never an option, ever. The only use case is for super massive meme coolers on video cards

It's the future you pleb.

Attached: images.jpg (300x168, 15K)

/g nons are testing me user, they know i visit the page everyday to see what's up..
They are trying to break my spirit.

Your friends are paying for cheap shitty mobos.
Looks for a mobo that can OC and you will find it.

what z270 mobo is best for itx with 7600k or 8350k (assuming you can bios mod the mobo to run 8series like other z270 boards?)

I noticed MSI one people recommended was like 240$ but there is a asrock and asus one for 170$...

> tfw your Nano S case looks big compared to these new ITX cases.

Attached: v756H17.jpg (1500x844, 363K)

I dont know but I found an article which compares a couple boards to help

tomshardware.co.uk/asrock-z270-gaming-itxac-motherboard,review-33913-3.html

You'll find much wider and broad opinions searching a few prices ranges + benchmarks than asking any forum

Attached: CL8H1Ti.jpg (2401x1298, 288K)

Attached: 5quQQiQ.jpg (2400x1272, 150K)

I have a Dan A4, i like it, looks really great on my desk. Only problem is it gets a tad warm on top. Not too bad, but i kind of wish i went for the Ghost as it has ventral cooling.

how much you pay for your dan? are there any optional extras you like "must have"

ghost s1 is like 230usd but to make it dimentions of dan case its like 280$.

I would prob buy a dan case C4 the new squared off one but I already have a lianli pc... im considering Ghost S1 but ill prob ask for it as a gift and not pay for it myself seems pretty luxury item.