$1,200 for 30fps 1080p

>$1,200 for 30fps 1080p

NVIDIA CHADS WIN AGAIN

Attached: file.png (1071x450, 191K)

>NVIDIA CHADS WIN AGAIN
implying I will ever buy it

FUCKIN HYPED BRO

This shit is hilarious.
They push RTX hard so they have some new hardware intensive meme they can make hardware for and make mad dosh BUT the crowd they're catering to does not understand what raytracing means and only see
>HURR ONLY 30 FPS IDS SHID DURR

lmao

>the crowd they're catering to does not understand what raytracing means
and the ones that do know that this shit is nothing new/exciting/relevant
leather jacket man fucked up, badly

>GIGAJIGGARAYS PER SECOND
GIGAJIGGARAYS PER SECOND
GIGAJIGGARAYS PER SECOND
GIGAJIGGARAYS PER SECOND
GIGAJIGGARAYS PER SECOND

Attached: 1534803969613.png (1147x1951, 1.38M)

>ray tracing
>something you could do even on 80386 in the late 80s

>OMFGWTFBBQ GRAPHICS MOTHERFUCKING RE-INVENTED YOU GODDA BUY THIS FUCKKKKKKK

I fucking hate marketing babble so much

Seething.

This and only this.

>$1,200 for 30fps 1080p
For the complex raytraced image? That's a steal.
And I'm completely serious.

>Now my 1080ti is completely useless and slow

Attached: 1519762806002.jpg (1488x1488, 32K)

how long is my 970 gonna be good for?

The idea was here since forever. The problem always was speed.
I say pretty long in 1080p.

>nothing new
Absolutely.
>exciting/relevant
I'm excited as fuck because it's relevant. Lightning is the real last barrier for photorealism.

>The problem always was speed
You could have specific elements of a scene ray-traced years if not decades ago. All nVidia did was package it into GoyimWorks-like SDK and market it as it's at least the second coming.

>You could have specific elements of a scene ray-traced years if not decades ago
Correct. And it will provide hardly any benefits over the custom light.
The whole point is to avoid smokes and mirrors approach.
You create the world, place the light sources(obvious natural ones, like the Sun, torches and other stuff) and the lightning just works.

Dedicated ray tracing hardware is pretty exciting, but this early version of it is expectedly underwhelming.

>introduce a new "standard"
>suddenly your recent card is obsolete
funny how that works, huh?

>good thing your bought our $1000 monitor with G-sync™ technology, right goy?

Attached: 9273454.jpg (204x247, 10K)

Not yet, but I will when I'm able.

Meanwhile AMD is 0fps.

>that's sugoy!

Attached: 987623948.png (204x247, 30K)

AMD damage control.

Showing the frame exactly after it was rendered is the best thing since the sliced bread.

and it still is if you don't want to run something that has 0.1% of the samples needed for real raytracing, with a de-noiser on top

>and it still is
No shit. It's akin to the first Voodo card. It's a real videocard which can do realtime ray tracing, but it's very wet behind the ears.

It's a great concept - it's just poorly implemented. They put the tech onto the market way too early and are charging way too much for it, too.
Here's to hoping that AMD or Intel find a way to do it, too. More competition = better

>30fps
CINEMATIC EXPERIENCE

Maybe for people in the graphics industry. This is supposed to be marketed towards gamers. PC Gamers don't want to do 30 fps for 1200 dollars for meme tracing. Even if it is impressive, it is minimal for a massive performance hit.

The people most excited about this are people that work with graphics and real time ray tracing will benefit them. They are the people more willing to pay 1200 for it.

If meme tracing only does 30fps on the 2080TI, you know it will a ton lower for 2070 at which point meme tracing becomes a huge liability and they won't use it, meaning they paid more for a feature they won't use.

>PC Gamers don't want to do 30 fps for 1200 dollars for meme tracing
It a first mass-produced relatively cheap video card which really works in this regard. Something like the first prototype of Oculus Rift. It's a cat's whiskers enthusiast grade for gamers and it's probably can be a convenient tool for the dedicated professionals. Probably in machine learning or something.
You can't expect it to be cheap or very fast.
>The people most excited about this are people that work with graphics and real time ray tracing will benefit them
These people are also making video games.
I'm extremely excited because it's a peek into the future.

Lots of AMD shills in this thread

Should just have been the standard imo, not something introduced years later, split into 2 groups and limited to only certain monitors.

It will be tolerable if for raster they improve at least 50% over last gen. If not I'm not forking 1200$ for memes

How many FPS of real time ray tracing can AMD cards do btw OP?
Don't keep me waiting bro.

Also if this shit works for blender I'm buying 2.

Until next console gen

Shut up you anti-semitic piece of shit. I bet you don't buy intel either. Fucking idiot doesn't know how to do the needful. kys. HaHA! Poorfag.

Movies are 24 FPS to it is BETTER than a 'CINEMATIC EXPERIENCE'. Have you never seen the movie Oklahoma which was shot at at 30 FPS? It's glorious!